17: The First Night [Part 1]

I Won't Love Again

You wait at the front of the school for TaeMin and JongHyun. You hoped they would arrive soon. You hated how people were staring at you or glaring to you as they walked by. You felt a wave of relief once the two of them walked out the door. TaeMin with his school books carried in his arms. JongHyun took your hand in his once he saw you and pulled you along with him. You followed happily.

You walk to the bus stop but then you look at JongHyun after noticing TaeMin having some difficulty keeping his books up in his arms.

"We should get him a carrier bag~" you suggested innocently.

TaeMin and JongHyun looks at you then to each other and nodded.

You arrive at the stationary store and decide to stock up on some supplies yourself since you were distracted most of this school year from all the events that had taken place. Once you finish your shopping you walk to the front desk and finish your purchase. TaeMin doing the same after you with the money he earned from mowing the neighbors yard.

JongHyun stood "guard" at the door and waited for the two of you to finishing your 'shopping spree' as he had called it.

"Try out your carrier bag~" you smiled to TaeMin.

He nodded and placed all of his things on the ground. He opened the carrier bag and placed all the books inside then held it on his shoulder. "Definately better than carrying it all in my arms" he chuckled and smiled at the two of you.

----------------

You arrive home after the long and crowded bus ride. You open the door and TaeMin runs straight to his 'room' to organize what he had gotten. JongHyun stands beside of you and pulls his arm around your shoulder.

"Are you expecting any calls or visits today?" he asked looking at you from the corner of his eyes.

"Not that I know of...why?" you asked innocently looking at him.

"No reason. Just curious" he said and walked over to the couch, sitting down with a plop, as he the TV to watch whatever happened to be on.

You smiled and walk into your room to organize what you had bought. You sit on the floor and organize your materials into your carrier bag. Once you finish you look around your room and let out a happy sigh. You had never noticed how much you had missed your room while you were 'kidnapped' and in the hospital. The familiar warmth of the room relaxed you. the pleasant memories of sleeping in JongHyun's arms on your bed made you smile. Then. You thought of what had happened after the small time of cuddling. Him hovering over you, his lips just inches from yours, the embarrassment of the position when TaeMin had walked in that morning. You felt your face heat up and you hit your cheeks lightly to make it stop and to leave the embarrassing memories.

You stood up and decided to redecorate your room a little bit. You took down the old pictures and hung up posters of some of your favorite KPop groups instead. You had MBLAQ, Infinite, UKiss, SNSD, F(x), Super Junior, Big Bang, M4M, and so many other posters to hang around your room. You had bought them. But. You had just never really used them because you liked them so much. You placed your favorite poster just above your bed. It was the big SHINee poster from the 'Why So Serious' album they had released in the earlier part of this year.

You smile at your newly redecorated room and hear your stomach growl as you felt the sudden familiar feeling in your stomach. You were extremely hungry. You walk into the kitchen to eat something and see JongHyun asleep on the couch. You smile and pull the cover from the top of the couch and lay it on top of him so he wouldn't catch a cold while he slept. You turned off the TV and left the room in a barely lit state, the sunset being the only thing bringing in the warm velvet light into the room.

You walk into the kitchen and turn the light on, pulling out your ingredients and pans to cook.

You make some Tteokbokki and stretch your arms before pulling a plate down and switching the Tteokbokki from the pan to the plate. You put the dirty dishes in the sink and sit at the kitchen table to eat your food.

You listen to the silence of the house and can't help but feel sad, thinking of the times when you sat in the rooms alone, with no one around you, just sitting in silence like you are now.

Your snapped out of your thoughts when you hear TaeMin walk into the kitchen and look in the fridge for some banana milk. You smile at him and he smiles back then sits with you.

"Get everything organized?" you asked.

He nods, "yeah. For the most part. And you?" he replies.

You nod, "yeah. Hung up my posters i've had for a long time too" you smile.

He nods and hums lightly as his response. The awkward silence creeps between the two of you. You look at him and wonder how his shoulder has healed from his being shot at that place.

"Is your...shoulder better now?" you asked.

He looks at you and nods then moves his shoulder, "oh yeah. Completely healed" he smiles happily and drinks more of the banana milk.

"That good" you smiled. You wondered how JongHyun's wounds were healing as well. You glance into the living and see him still sleeping. You just smile and push the thought to the back of you mind to ask him later.

You finish your food about the same time as TaeMin finishes his milk. You clean the dishes in the sink and sit them on the drying rack. TaeMin throws the banana milk bottle in the recycling bin by the counter and waves lightly to you as he walks back into his room. You just smile and wave back at him. You pull yourself into the living room in a lazy fashion. You sit down on the couch above JongHyun's head and run your fingers through his hair.

He stirs in his sleep then looks up at you.

"Ah sorry...did I wake you?" you ask.

He sits up a bit and rests on his elbows as he looks into your eyes, "yeah...but it's ok. I don't mind" he smiles back.

You smile and lightly take your hand from his hair. He grabs your hand with one of his before you can move it to far from him. "Wait. I don't want you to stop...that was relaxing" he chuckles.

You smile and return to running your fingers through his hair. With a swift movement he hugs you close, his hands resting on your back. You sit still, shocked, for a moment but then hug back, your arms around his neck.

"Ya know...this is gonna be weird, a guy saying this and all but, your arms relax me...I love it when I am in your arms" he says as he kisses your hair lightly.

You smile, "It is weird...and it should also be my line" you smile and hug yourself closer to him.

He kisses on your neck softly as you do so and slowly brings his hands down around your waist.

"I love you..." he speaks softly against your neck.

You lean your head to the side lightly so you can rest on his shoulder.

"I love you too...JongHyun" you smile and relax into his arms.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I will update again once I get home. Sorry for the super late update. I will have about 7-8 more chapters and this story will finally be completed. I finally have a small break from massive college homework and a busy schedule of practices (vocal, dance, etc.) Thanks for sticking with me everyone. Here is a short update till I can continue it more once I am home with my own laptop.
 


MinHyun out!!