14: Hospital Talk

I Won't Love Again

You wake up feeling something cold and soothing on your forehead. You look around and find yourself in a hospital room. You see JongHyun sleeping on the bed beside you. He is shirtless but is covered with bandages. They have new bandages on his shoulder wound and the few cuts and scrapes from the rocks and your escape.

You look down to your own body and see your leg bandaged and propped up with a small amount of blood on the sheets. You see a nurse placing some more bandages on the boy you and JongHyun had taken with you to save on the bed on the opposite side of you, closest to the window. You relax lightly knowing the three of you are in good hands and are being taken care of. You wished you could thank the fishermen who saved you but you didn’t see them in the room.

The nurse by the side of your bed smiles gently, “ah you’re awake. Are you feeling ok?” she asks lightly.

You look over to her and can only nod. Your throat hurts from all the salt water you had swallowed while swimming in the ocean waiting to be rescued.

“That’s good then” she smiles.

“How…are…they?” you manage to say weakly.

The nurse looks at you and gives another gentle smile, “they are going to be just fine” she says gently. “Their wounds are bad…but nothing life threatening” she smiles again.

You nod and relax completely and lay in your hospital bed.

“Would you like some water? We can’t give you food yet. But, I can give you some water if you want some” the nurse asks.

You nod happily at the idea of quenching your intense thirst. The water tube in your arm just wasn’t helping enough.

The nurse walks out for a moment and comes back in with a pitcher of water and a cup. She pours a little water for you and helps you to sit up so you can drink the water. You gladly accept her help.

You drink till you feel a lot better. Your throat is still feeling a bit raw but at least now it isn’t sore from thirst. You also washed out your mouth with some water to get some of the remaining salt water out of your mouth.

You lay back down after answering a few questions from the nurses and the doctor they had called in. after the sessions of questions and answers you finally got to have some time to yourself as you lay your head back onto your hospital bed pillow. You stare at the ceiling for a moment reflecting on everything that had happened. Now it had all seemed like a bad nightmare. You would have thought it was if you didn’t have the scars and bruises to prove that it had in fact been real.

You snap out of your thoughts when you hear the boy groan beside you. You sit up lightly and look over to him. You see him slowly open his eyes and look around. He goes to sit up quickly and looks over and your eyes meet.

You smile gently, “its ok. We are at the hospital. Are you sure it’s alright for you to sit up?” you ask lightly as you look at his shoulder.

He nods lightly and slowly lays back down, “Why…why did you save me?” he asks lightly.

You smile gently, “because you helped us and you saved us too. Remember?” you smile.

He bushed and looks away lightly, “oh…um…I don’t know what came over me…I just felt like I should jump in front of the two of you and…so…I just…followed m-my instincts” he said smiling shyly.

You giggle lightly, “thank you for being brave…um…I’m sorry. I don’t know your name” you said looking down lightly.

He seemed to hesitate for a moment, “…Taemin…my name is Lee Taemin” he said quietly.

You look up surprised at his sudden telling of his name. You then smile, “it’s nice to meet you Taemin” you say lightly. “My name is MinHyun. How old are you?” you ask lightly.

“I’m 19 this year” he smiled lightly.

You now, “Ah. So your oppa for me” you smile. “I’m 18 this year” you continue.

He nods lightly and smiles a little more and you can see his shoulders beginning to relax.

“So…why were you at that place?” you ask Taemin lightly.

“….well…it’s…” he says reluctantly.

You quickly shake your head, “ah. If it’s painful you don’t have to tell me about it” you smiled reassuringly as you close your eyes to smile.

He nods and looks away, blushing lightly.

You laugh to yourself and then lie back down and turn towards the still sleeping JongHyun. You were happy Taemin was finally awake but, you were still worried about JongHyun the most. Even more than you worried for yourself.

You slowly slip back into a light sleep as you look at JongHyun peaceful sleeping face. Your eyes close slowly and you go into your own little dream world as you relax and enjoy the peace of the hospital.

~~*~~*~~

You wake up after hearing a light thud on the floor of your hospital room. You open your eyes lightly and see JongHyun sitting on the floor by your bed as he winces in pain. You sit up on your elbow lightly, “Are you ok JongHyun oppa?” you asked concerned.

He looked up at you as though shocked by your voice, “oh…you didn’t see that did you?” he asked as though embarrassed.

You shake your head lightly, “no? What happened?” you asked.

JongHyun blushed lightly and looked away as he stood up lightly, “I might have…slipped on my hospital clothes and fallen on my ….” He said lightly. “But only maybe” he added.

You giggle lightly, “good job oppa” you smile as he looks back to you.

He blushes a little more but then sighs and smiles back, “I did do a good job didn’t I?” he joked.

You both laugh lightly. Then you look over to Taemin and see him watching the TV as though in a trance. You look to the TV and see an anime of some kind playing. You smile lightly and then turn back to JongHyun who was now about 2 inches from your face as he sat on your bed and leaned down. “Do I get a thank you for saving you?” he jokes as he looks into your eyes with a smile.

You smile back and lightly put your hand over his eyes. You then lean forward and kiss his cheek. “Thank you~” you smile and then lie back down and cover your head with the covers.

You hear JongHyun chuckle lightly, “well…I guess this is still considered PDA. I understand I’ll get my thank you gift later” he smiles and hugs you with his good arm. He leans his head on your chest and after a while you think he has fallen asleep so you quickly pull the cover away from your face and see him staring at you. You laugh and playfully punch his good arm. “I thought you fell asleep” you smile.

He smiles and closes his eyes quickly, “I am asleep. What do I get for sleeping so peacefully?” he jokes.

You cover his face with your blankets and look back to the still mesmerized Taemin. “Hey. JongHyun. I know his name now” you smile as JongHyun takes the cover away from his face with a smile.

JongHyun looks over to Taemin and smiles, “really? He hasn’t spoken to me. He is totally mesmerized by One Piece” he says lightly.

“Ah. I see. Well he told me his name is Lee Taemin. He is 19. So you’re his hyung” you smile lightly.

JongHyun nods lightly with a smile. “I’m glad he talked with you then” he said lightly. “Just don’t get to comfy. I’ll get jealous” he added as he whispered into your ear.

You roll your eyes jokingly and nudge his shoulder, “the whisper move won’t work on me. Maybe next time Puppy Jong” you smile at your nickname for him. JongHyun nods with his goofy smile. You were relieved to see him still being himself. He gets up lightly and slowly walks over to the bathroom, closing the door behind himself.

Taemin yawns lightly as a commercial comes on. He looks over to you and smiles, “oh. Did you nap well?” he smiled.

You nodded, “yeah. As good as I can for now” you smile.

Taemin nods, “that’s good” he says lightly.

“Oh…Taemin…what are you going to do now? Do you have parents? Do they live close by? Do you have anywhere to go?” you ask concerned for when he is healthy enough to leave the hospital.

He looks down lightly with sadness and concern in his eyes. “Actually…my parents aren’t around anymore….so I don’t really have anywhere to go” he said as small tears form in his eyes. “And I’m not sure where my older brother, Taesun hyung…I haven’t seen him since HaYi trapped me in that place” he says as a small tear escapes his eyes.

“You have an older brother? Well…you can stay at my place till you find him” you offer as you smile gently.

Taemin looks up at you suddenly and smiles widely, “You’d do that for me?” he asked as though it was too good to be true.

You nod lightly, “yeah. I have plenty of extra room in my house” you smile.

Taemin pauses for a second, “What will your parents think?” he asked.

“oh…well…my parents haven’t really bothered with me for a year or so now…they send me money to take care of myself and that’s about all they think about me.” You say as you look away lightly.

Taemin was silent for a long time. As the awkward silence got unbearable JongHyun walked into the room breaking the silence with a sigh, “I feel better now” he smiled and stretched his arms to the side. He noticed the awkward silence and walked over and sat on his bed. “What conversation did you all have to make this room so awkward?” he joked trying to lift up the atmosphere and tension.

You and Taemin look at each other and just smile. You both look to JongHyun and he looks at you as though to explain to him. You nod lightly and begin to tell him how Taemin has an older brother and how you offered to let him stay at your house till he can find his brother. JongHyun seemed to understand and nodded as you talked. The three of you all talked to get to know each other better since you would all be housemates now. JongHyun had decided to also stay at your house for the sake of convenience as to not let another situation happen and just because he was jealous Taemin would be in the same house as you, his girlfriend.

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry for making you all wait so long for this chapter update ^^ Thanks for waiting on me~

 

MinHyun out!!