11: The Chase Begins

I Won't Love Again

Blue=English/HaYi talking

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

You hear a thud coming from the living room and you slowly walk out of your room. You look around the corner and then you hear the sound of glass breaking.

“..YA! JONGHYUN!! DON’T BREAK EVERYTHING IN MY HOUSE!” you yell and run into the living room. You check JongHyun first to make sure he didn’t get any cuts or hurt himself in any way.

He rubs the back of his head lightly; “sorry…I was just trying to walk to the bathroom” he smiles lightly.

You sigh, “…you know there is this invention called lights. I know you have my house on lock down and all…but…you said she wouldn’t do anything if you were beside me…so…doesn’t that mean you can use the lights? I mean come on…we aren’t ninjas” you say lightly as you help him stand on his feet and go to your kitchen to get something to clean the glass up with.

JongHyun sighs behind you, “….yeah…sorry” he says lightly and then hugs you from behind. “I’m just….im just overly cautious because I don’t want to lose anyone in my life ever again” he says lightly and rests his head on your shoulder.

You frown lightly then nod, “I understand your thoughts but…can’t you just use the lights next time?” you ask gently as you turn to face him with a worried look on your face. “I don’t want you to get hurt if you end up breaking glass again” you say as you lightly look over his hands and feet again for any glass cuts. You relax when you find none.

You see him smile lightly as he nods. You can see the dark circles under his eyes. He had been up since yesterday afternoon watching over you and making sure no one was breaking into the house. You look at the clock. 7 am. It was time for the both of you to get up and get ready for school anyways.

“Come on. Let’s get ready” you say gently and lightly take his hand to maneuver him around the glass on the floor. He nods and lets you move him but then stands at the entrance to the hall and watches you as you pick up the glass and lightly throw it into the trash can. You make sure to get every piece off of the floor.

You look up and your eyes meet with JongHyun’s. “What?” you ask lightly and look down at yourself looking to find a stain or something since he was staring so intently at you. You look back up and you see him giving you his gentle smile. You sigh and jokingly roll your eyes and walk over to him returning a gentle smile to him.

The both of you take turns in the shower and then you get dressed in your room while he gets dressed in the bathroom. You open the door to the bathroom lightly thinking JongHyun is already completely dressed. You were wrong. You walk in to be greeted by his defined abs and his shirt still sitting on the sink.

He looks over at the sudden opening of the door. You blush and cover your face lightly, “sorry! I thought you would already be dressed!” you explain quickly.

You hear him chuckle and can tell he hurriedly puts his shirt on. “Ah…its ok…it would have been worse if I had walked in on you” he says lightly and you hear him walk closer to you. He lightly takes your hands from your eyes. “Look all dressed~” he jokes and laughs lightly. He doesn’t let your hands go and instead pulls you into a hug. “…and I was hoping to save the abs for a trip to the beach…so much for my sneak attack idea” he joked.

You lightly hit his chest and giggle. “Oh shut up…” you smile and hug back.

The two of you separate and finish getting ready. JongHyun places both of your bags by the door and then walks back to your side. You finish putting on the remainder of your make-up and then head over to the kitchen to pack your lunches. You didn’t feel like eating the school lunches again.

~~*~~*~~

Luckily you got to school with no events happening and you both went straight to your class. You tried to act as normal as you could through the day as to not put any more stress and worry on JongHyun’s mind. And you could tell he was also trying his best to act normal…but he has this habit of becoming extra clingy and having more skin ship when he is worried or scared. You’ve noticed these things since you started going out. You still couldn’t believe it had been almost 2 months. Its only felt like it’s been a few weeks…maybe days since you met him and saw him as the new student walking in through the doors. The innocent looking man who snapped you out of your anti-social behaviors. The man who had made you somewhat normal, like you used to be before the events of the past with…HIM. Just the smallest thought of him made your heart hurt all over again. You focused more on JongHyun now. And you were happy he was beside you. You were glad he wanted to protect you and make you happy. You couldn’t ever ask for more. But, being with JongHyun seems to have more unexpected events than you thought. His gorgeous voice, his goofy personality, his dead ex-girlfriend, and now a creepy mafia boss’s daughter who wanted to most likely kill you.

You make it all the way to lunch without anything strange. But, then again, JongHyun had never left your side, like he had promised. And you in turn never left his side for a second. Even when you went to the bathroom before lunch he stood right outside the girl’s bathroom door and waited like an abandoned puppy waits for the one who fed it the day before. You wanted to take care of him forever and let him know he wasn’t an abandoned puppy. He had a home. His home was…with you. And your home was also….with him.

You walk out of the bathroom after washing and drying your hands and are greeted by his smile and a hug. He lightly takes your hand and you go to take your lunch but he won’t let you and ends up carrying both of your lunches into the lunch room. You look for a table and find one empty table in the back of the cafeteria.

Great…farthest from the cafeteria door and closest to the hot outside weather…’ you thought to yourself. But you didn’t really complain out loud cause at least it was an inside table for once.

You and JongHyun sit down beside each other and are soon joined by Nana and a boy you have never seen before. He has a muscular build and short, obviously dyed, blonde hair that was styled up like one of those boys bands do in their music videos. You bow your head lightly to him as he smiles and bows his to you and JongHyun lightly. Nana quickly wraps her arm around his and gets her flirt on.

“So…MinHyun. This is KyuShin…the guy I told you about the other day” she smiles whispering the last part to you. You see the small blush taking place on her cheeks and you nod back giving a small smile that isn’t very noticeable. You’d be happier for her if you weren’t concerned for your life at every second thinking some ninja would come crashing through the cafeteria windows and grab you, carrying you off to some black limo before knocking you out and taking you to some abandoned building to kill you.

JongHyun lightly takes your hand as he nods in return to KyuShin’s greeting.

Nana continued with the introductions, “Kyu~ this is MinHyun and her boyfriend JongHyun~ aren’t they adorable?” she asks in a sing-song voice.

 

KyuShin only nods lightly, “yeah…but not as adorable as you~” he sings back. Nana blushes and lightly hits his arm. You turn your head trying not to throw up and you feel JongHyun tighten his grip on your hand suddenly. You turn and look at him to see his eyes widen as he looked outside towards the school gate.

You follow his gaze and see a tall, beautiful, and pissed off looking woman looking right at the two of you from the gates. She has a cell phone to her ear and suddenly says some words into the mouth piece. She had on leather gloves, leathers knee-high boots, a black tank top with a leather jacket covering over it and a pair of black jeans. She had sunglasses covering her eyes and you quickly assumed from her pale skin that she was…American. She had long blonde hair that was tied back in a ponytail that reached past her shoulders; her hair was obviously very long and silky. You would have been jealous if JongHyun didn’t pull your hand and quickly pull you out of the cafeteria. He led you to the stairs and pulled you up into his arms, princess style, and started to lightly jog up the stairs.

You hold onto his neck, “JongHyun?” you whisper lightly not able to hide your fear. “It’s her….isn’t it?” I ask lightly already knowing the answer from the look on his face.

He just nods simply, “…do you trust me?” he asks lightly as he looks into your eyes.

You think for only a second before nodding your head, “yes…” you reply lightly.

“Good” he says simply as you both reach the roof. He lets you down and closes the roof door behind the two of you. He takes you behind one of the columns on top of the roof. He pulls you into his lap and into his tight embrace. “…don’t move. And keep as quiet as you can...ok?” he asks gently.

You nod simply and bury your head into his chest as he pulls his jacket hood up and wraps it around the both of you. “…just keep your head there and try to keep your breathing smooth” he says lightly. You nod in response and settle your breathing to a normal and semi-calm pace.

You hear the roof door slam open and people run onto the roof.

Find that little ! And take her…but leave HIM to me” you hear a girl say in English. She had a nasally voice but it was still beautiful. You could hear JongHyun’s heart beat grow faster but not to a panicked state. He shifts lightly to where his hand is holding your thighs as though he is ready to carry you and run. His other hand wraps on your shoulders as he lightly picks you up in his arms and shifts himself, ready to run. You hold onto his neck still semi-hiding in his jacket.

You feel JongHyun bolt forward suddenly as he runs towards what you expect to be the door leading from the roof on the opposite side of the building. You hear a gun shot and hear JongHyun groan lightly. You feel something warm and wet on your left hand and assume its sweat then you notice it’s…sticky?! You look up and JongHyun has a pained look on his face but he continues to run. “Keep your head down!” he said with a grunt through his clenched teeth. You look suddenly as you feel your heart beat faster as you begin to go into a light panic. You keep yourself as calm as you can for JongHyun’s sake as he runs with you in his arms.

YOU IDIOT!!! DON’T SHOOT HIM!!” you hear the girl yell and hear a loud thud. JongHyun slams through the roof door on the opposite side and quickly jumps the stairs even for his short legs and continues to run down the halls as he exits the school quickly. He runs past the gates and turns right instead of left as he runs towards town. You hear a girl scream angrily far behind you. “Keep chasing them!! If you lose them your dead!” you hear her English but do not understand any of it.

JongHyun turns into an alley suddenly and hides the both of you behind a dumpster. You hear the men run past the alleyway yelling at each other in English. You look up at the panting JongHyun and feel his shoulder lightly. He groans in pain at the sudden pressure on his shoulder. You feel the warm fluid on your hand again and pull your hand away to see the blood on your hand from his shoulder. You get wide eyes and look to JongHyun. His eyes lock with yours and he leans forward and kisses you. “Don’t worry about me…I’ll be fine…it’s just my shoulder” he says lightly almost weakly. He stands after a moment and pulls your arm as he slowly moves from the alley and takes you deeper into town. You pull against his hand and suddenly pull him towards the first hospital you see. JongHyun follows you after a small struggle trying to pull you the other way.

“You’re going to the hospital…” you say worriedly and continue to pull him with you. He gives up his struggle and lets you lead him.

“…just get it bandaged and then we have to leave…” he says lightly.

“No…you’re healing!” you argue back.

“WE DON’T HAVE THE TIME TO WAIT FOR ME TO HEAL!” he yells. You jump at his sudden raise in voice and then he is the one pulling you to the hospital.

He gets his arm bandaged and the bullet removed and once the doctor gives the medicine and leaves JongHyun pulls you out of the hospital with a settled bill.

We start to go on the run…hopefully we can lose her.

If only your thoughts would have been right.

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Kekeke Cliff Hanger~ Here is the next chapter update ^^ Hope you like it~ Will HaYi catch them? What will happen to JongHyun and MinHyun next? How did HaYi find them so fast? You'll find out!

 

MinHyun out!!