13: The Escape

I Won't Love Again

You see HaYi pull the safety lock on the gun off and notice her slowly pulling the trigger even with JongHyun sitting in front of you. He has finally cut your ropes free on your feet and you hear the loud bang. Before either of you can do anything the young boy from before suddenly jumps in front of the both of you. The bullet easily goes through his left chest and you hear him grunt as he falls down to the ground, his blonde hair falling in slow motion with him. JongHyun catches him quickly and before HaYi can do anything else he kicks the gun out of her hand and it skids to the other side of the room. JongHyun lays the boy down and quickly unties your ropes around your hands. He then picks the boy up and piggy backs him out of the room as the two of you begin to run down the long, dark corridor.

You run beside JongHyun and look at the boy he is carrying. You notice he is still breathing so you relax a little only to hear another bang coming from inside the room you had just left. The loud crack of the gun makes the two of you run faster. You can tell JongHyun is struggling to carry the boy due to the gun wound on his own shoulder. You look at him with a worried look but you both stop suddenly when you see a crossroad. You look at each other and then both quickly begin to run down the left corridor.

You seem to run for hours until you finally seem some form of light at the end of a tunnel. You run faster at the sight of the possible exit. JongHyun adjusts the boy on his back lightly as he begins to run again. You reach the door and your faces drop immediately. You hadn’t found the way out…but you had found the dungeon room. You saw dead bodies covering the floor. Both men and women alike were lying dead on the floor, the rotting corpses filling the room with a smell of death and a fog of misery.

JongHyun closes the giant latched door quickly and locks it from the inside. He then places the boy on the floor leaning against a wall. You look at JongHyun trying to ignore the horrid smell of the room. He walks to you and quickly draws you into his arms tightly placing one hand on the back of your head and the other around your waist and rests his head on top of yours.

Your hug is interrupted by the loud sounds from outside the door as they try to break into the sealed room. You both let each other go and as you look up you see a large window. You quickly point up and look at JongHyun. You were feeling really lucky as you saw the window was wide open. The only problem was…it was too high up. You look around and see a few things you could stack up but…you weren’t sure if it would be enough.

You and JongHyun both nod. You run to gather some of the objects and begin to strategically stack them on top of each other. JongHyun goes to the door and holds it back as to make sure nobody could get in even if they did somehow open the door.

After a while you finally finish stacking things and JongHyun quickly brings the boy over to you and you both push him up and out the window. Luckily he was skinny and fit through just fine without difficulty. You tried to get JongHyun to go next but he began to push you up to the window. You reluctantly go up through the window. You reach your hand down hurriedly. Just as JongHyun takes your hand the doors bursts open. You begin to pull with all your strength. JongHyun makes it out the window but barely. He kicks the boxes suddenly right as HaYi and the guys begin to crawl up after you. HaYi has rage filled in her eyes and then suddenly you could swear her eyes were pure black like a demon. You feel chills go up your spine. JongHyun quickly picks the boy up onto his back again. You stand and hurriedly shove the window closed and lock it from the outside. You then run to JongHyun and you both begin to make your escape. You see a giant wall in front of you and notice the bricks hanging out in a jagged way.

“We can climb this…” you say lightly.

JongHyun thinks for a moment then looks at the boy on his back and nods. “…First…let’s use this rope and tie him onto my back” JongHyun says as he walks towards rope that had fallen from the top of the wall. You both quickly tie the rope and begin to make your way up the wall. You are halfway up and you hear loud voices. You look behind you and see HaYi and her goons coming towards you. HaYi looked even angrier than ever. She had fresh blood spread across her clothes. You noticed fewer goons with her as well.

“She even kills her own men…” you say as your voice cracks in fear. You both climb faster.

You reach the top of the wall as HaYi and her army began to ascend the wall. You pull your leg up and hear and loud bang from HaYi’s gun. You almost fall backwards as you feel a sudden pain in your leg. You look down and see the deep red oozing from your leg. A bullet had lodged itself in your leg muscle. JongHyun pulls you to him and you both look down. An ocean is below you and the wave’s crash harshly against the brick wall and rocks below. You both look at each then at the boy and back to each other. You both nod and hold onto the boy as you both jump from the cliff quickly.

You feel free as you fall down in JongHyun’s arms as you both also hold the boy in the hug so he won’t separate from you. You hear the waves getting closer as you fall faster with each second that ticks away. You close your eyes gently and kiss JongHyun lightly before the three of you crash into the waves. You can feel the blood washing away into the waves. You quickly kick your legs and pull up as JongHyun also begins to swim. You pull the boys head above the waves first and you both begin to swim as best as you can.

Your leg aches but you swim on hoping to at least save the boy who sacrificed himself in front of that bullet HaYi had heartlessly shot at you and JongHyun.

~~*~~*~~

You had been swimming for what seemed like hours. HaYi and her goons hadn’t followed you into the waves. They hadn’t even gotten to the top of the wall by the time you had already swum out of their sight. Maybe she would assume you were all dead. You and JongHyun had taken turns on putting the boy on your back as you swam. His intense pain had knocked him out into a slight state of unconsciousness.

You feel JongHyun lightly pull the boy from your back and onto his own for his shift of carrier duty. You hear a horn blow in the distance lightly. You look and see nothing you just think you imagined it. Suddenly, you hear it again. This time it was even louder and sounded like it was coming closer. You look to your side and see a small dark shadow forming on top of the water as it seems to draw closer. You quickly smile and begin to wave your arms, “HEY!!! OVER HERE!! HELP!!!” you yell over and over. You suddenly see the figure change course as though they are headed in your direction.

You stop JongHyun from swimming and show him the boat that has formed and is headed towards the three of you. You see the signal from a light showing that they see you. Even though it was mid-afternoon you could still see the bright light flash on and off on the boat.

You wave your hands faster. It was a crab boat going out to get their haul of crabs for the day. Luckily they had spotted the three of you and decided to make a detour to get you.

They first pull the unconscious boy out of the water then they get you up then JongHyun follows right after you.

As soon as JongHyun gets on the boat you hug him tightly and can slowly feel yourself drifting into sleep. You hadn’t slept for the whole day and were entirely exhausted. JongHyun wrapped his arms around you and rested his head against yours. You could tell he was also tired. The captain of the boat had quickly wrapped the three of you in blankets and had let you sit in the captain’s chamber to warm yourselves till they could reach shore again.

You knew your leg was still in pain but thanks to the salt water your wounds had all stopped bleeding. You feel so much safer lying in JongHyun’s arms, wrapped in a blanket, knowing the boy beside you was only sleeping his pain off, and being on a boat with good people again. You slowly feel yourself slipping into your deep sleep. JongHyun pulls you closer for warmth and the both of you close your eyes and sleep.

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Here is a short update. Thank you for being so patient with me everyone ^^ Hope you like this new installment/chapter.

 

MinHyun out!!