After School : Friendship means Shopping!

Quietly Loving You - a VIXX high school love story

a flower grows with rich soil and water
like friendship filled with happy and sad memories

fallin__by_simoendli.jpg
a drop of rain, is both welcome and unwelcome.

 

---- After School ----
 
Prof. Oak  "Alright class, one last reminder that you must have all your supplies ready by next week, they will be absolutely mandatory for lessons, and the Student Council will be having a short meeting requested by the new Head Teacher of Student Affairs, in the Student Council office. That is all, see you all tomorrow bright and early, I mean you Ravi. Class Dismissed."

Ravi "Yessir!"
 
And with that, the class begins to buzz as everyone starts packing up. 
 
The school bell rings, playing its trademark melody.
*DING DANG DONG DING - DANG DONG DING DONG*
 
[Beautee's POV]
 
let's see.. I guess I should go buy the supplies today, there's no use putting it off. I wonder if Hyuk needs to get some things too..
 
I should go call him.
 
*Beautee quickly grabs her iPhone and presses 2, speed dial for Hyuk ^^*

*ring ring-*

Hyuk - Beautee

Ah, Noona! I was just about to call you!

Oh? Why?

Captain said we're having soccer practice today,
first game is in 3 WEEKS!! Got to prep! ^O^!


Oh, really? I was going to ask if you wanted to
do some school supply shopping with me...


I want to go! I need to get some stuff too!
ah..but practice..


How long do you think your practice will be?

umm..maybe 2 hours? Why Noona, are you
going to wait for me :D!


Why not, I have free time
. Have fun
at practice ok! Call me when your done~
Oh, and say 'Hi' to Captain Kwon for me ^^


Awesome!
Okay, I'll tell him, got to go 

to practice now Bea-noona! Bye ^o^!



 

Danielle "Was that your brother just now? Ah, sibling love, I always wanted a cute little brother..*sigh* "

"oh,would you like to hang out today Danielle? maybe shop for the stuff Prof. Oak told us to buy? Hyuk is busy so I have no one to go with."

Danielle "I'd like to go..but I've got to go to that darned Student Council Meeting! D: WHY ARE THEY MAKING US HAVE A MEETING RIGHT AT THE BEGINNING OF THE YEAR!"

*Danielle angrily packs her things*

N "Beautee-ssi, why don't you ask the guys to accompany you in place of Danielle? We can't have you carrying all those things by yourself now."

Ken "Why that's a fantastic idea N! That's the President for you! I will gladly accompany Miss Beautee on her shopping trip~"

*Ken does a small bow*

ah.. soo cheesy. Will Hongbin be coming too?

*Beautee looks past Ken to Hongbin*

Hongbin "Shopping for the stuff? Sounds like a plan, ah, let me ask Serrah if she wants to join us :)"

Ken "Serrah-ssi? I think she has other plans"

*Ken points to Serrah, who just slipped through the backdoor of the class*

Hongbin "Ah, Sorry guys, maybe another time!"

*Hongbin rushes after Serrah*

 .    .    .    Hongbin is way too nice.. I wonder what's up with Serrah. Oh Yeah! My Pencil! Serrah still has it!

N "Is this yours?"   *N's holding up Beautee's pencil*

"Oh! thank you! how did you get my pencil?"

N "I think Serrah left it on your desk when you weren't looking"

"Oh"    *Beautee takes the pencil from N*

Ken "Yo, Ravi! So, you on for chilling today with the lovely Queenka, Beautee?"

*Ravi's has headphones and doesn't reply*

*Ken removes the headphones*   "YO RAVI!"

Ravi "WAHT!"

Ken "I said, you on for hanging out after school?"

Ravi "Ah.. sorry, got work today. Ask Leo."    *Ravi leaves for work*

*Everyone notices Leo's seat has been empty for a while now..*

Me.. alone with Ken. I don't think that's such a good idea..

"mayb-"

Ken "Well I guess it's a date!! :D !"    *Ken plays the table like a drum*

Danielle "DATE? who would want to go on a date with YOU?"

Ken "Now now~ don't be jealous~"

Danielle "Yah! who would be jealous, WHO?!"

N "Well, it's about time we get going too~ Come on Danielle~"

*N grabs Danielle by the elbow and starts pulling her out into the hall*

Danielle "Don't say my name like that! No! Let go of mee! I don't want to go to the meetingg!! I want to go shopinnnggg!!!"

N "See you later guys ^^"

Danielle "Saaaave Meee!!"

and they're gone. like a whirlwind o-o. They must be reallyyyy close.   

a little jealous..  Danielle gets along with everyone in the school, but you see no one is really close to her because of the VIXX Kingkas. We're kind of the same right?   People admire me so I always have to live up to their expectations.. it would be nice to be a normal girl with normal friends sometimes. Maybe Danielle can be my best friend..

Ken "We should get going too"    *Ken smiles*

ah.. i guess i can't refuse Ken now.   Well now that i get a good look at him, he's not too bad.

*Beautee puts her pencil away and leaves with Ken*



- - - - - - - at the Student Council Room

[N's POV]

"See the meeting wasn't so bad now was it?"

*Danielle is having a cup of tea*

Danielle "What are you talking about, we spent almost 2 whole hours talking about the outline of school events until next summer! I wanted to go shopping with Beautee! Aren't I allowed to have girl friends!?!"    *Danielle takes a big gulp of tea*

hahaha Danielle must have really wanted to be friends with Beautee.
Thinking about it.. she doesn't seem to have many close female friends at this school.
I wonder if its got anything to do with the guys.  .  . Girls.. complicated.

*N looks out the window*

"Oh, I know where Leo disappeared to now, looks like the Soccer team is just finishing up their practice. Why don't we go say 'Hi' on our way out"

Danielle  "I don't care. I wanted to go shopping. >^"


[Danielle's POV]

Now I have to go shopping by myself.. *siiigh* I wish I at least got Beautee's phone number.. I guess I'll ask for it tomorrow.. maybe.. actually maybe not..maybe I'll ask Ken to get it for me, AH making friends is hard! :(

N "Oh, Hyuk is down there too."

"Hyuk's in the soccer team?! Oh, that must be why Beautee couldn't go shopping with him."

Maybe I should ask Hyuk for Beautee's number..hmm

*bzz bzz*

oh, a text.

work ended early. is your meeting done? 
i'm free until 8:30 (dance class)
want to go buy those things for sci class? 

                                            -Ravi

 

ooh. Awesome! not shopping alone.

              A lot of people think Ravi is a delinquent because of the way he looks, his deep voice and the fact that he's always getting in trouble for being late for class. But actually Ravi's been secretly taking dancing lessons along with his singing/rapping stuff. Staying up every night practicing because he has to work to pay for his lessons, his dream is to become a performer one day. By chance I met him in freshmen year(gr9) when he was putting a newspaper in our mailbox. We've been friends ever since.

I should get going then.

"N, say hi to Leo and Hyuk for me! got to go!"

*Danielle finishes her cup of tea with lightning speed, hands the cup to N, and she's out the door*



- - - - - -    Out on their "date"

- Chilly's Internet Cafe -

Beautee "What to do, we finished our homework.. :( "

Ken "You know, this is probably the first time I've ever done homework on a date' "

Beautee "Well, once Hyuk's soccer practice is over and he calls me we can meet up with him ^-^ "

Ken puts his head on the table. "Of course.."
Just then Ken's phone rings.

*ring ring*


Ken - N

Yello

Ken, what's up

I'm at Chilly's, just finished my 

homework. You?

Well the meeting's over and I'm heading
out of the school now. Let's go hang out.


Ah, no can do, waiting for Hyuk with
Beautee remember.


Oh yeah! (background noise: lots of male voices)
The soccer team is just passing by! I see Hyuk!


Oh you see Hyuk?!

>>>Beautee "Hyuk's there?"

Yeah, Hyuk's here.  
(Hyuk, it's N! I'm on the phone with
Ken and your Sister, want to say hi?)  
Put Beautee on the Phone her brother's here


Hyuk?

Ah Noona~ Soccer Practice just ended.
I'm hungryyy.


Araso, let's meet at Whalemart on
Surf St. across Plies Co. okay?


Araso Bea-noona

(Leo sees Hyuk and N ..he ignores them and keeps walking)

Can I come too Bea-noona?~

haha, of course you can N.
After that we can all grab a bite to eat.


You heard the lady~ meet you guys at Whalemart!

k, see you guys in a bit / bye noona~!

 

byee~ / byee~

 


- - - - - - At Whalemart

Beautee "Okay, the last thing we need are.. a veriety set of regular paintbrushes."

Ken "To the Art Supply Section!"

Hyuk "This way~ to Isle 3~!"

*Beautee, Hyuk, Ken and N step into isle 3*

*Danielle and Ravi are in isle 3 getting paint brushes*

Ken & N   "Danielle! are you cheating on ME with Ravi!"

*Danielle sees the other group and is surprised*

Danielle "Are YOU TWO cheating on ME?? Actually, are  you two STALKING ME?"

Ken "HAhahaha but seriously, what are you guys doing here?"

Ravi "What does it look like, same thing as you. School Stuff."   *Ravi holds up a full basket identical to the ones Ken and N are carrying.

[N's POV]

So Danielle went to buy school supplies with Ravi. She could have at least invited me. >:  
I know Danielle's known Ravi a bit longer than us but... suspicious.

Beautee "Let's all go to the cash together :) "

Danielle "Beautee! sure! let's go!"

*Danielle links arms with Beautee*

girls.. 

ah well, this stuff isn't heavy or anything.


- - - - - - Outside Whalemart

Hyuk "Noona~ Let's go eat!"

yea.. I'm starving.

Ken "DuckDonald's! DuckDonald's! Let's get some burgers at DuckDonald's!"

"I second that, edible and affordable, and only 3 blocks from here."

Beautee "Actually I know a better place, its 2 blocks from here. And don't worry about the price, my treat! ^^"

- - - - - - - 2 Blocks from Whalemart

I wonder where Beautee's taking us. I only see expensive looking restaurants.

Beautee "We're here!"     *Beautee and Hyuk stops in front of a Super Busy restaurant*

Danielle "Wow! this place looks.. So prettyyy.  What's it called.. Fuzaik.. suonds expensive  "

Ravi "Yeah! are you sure you want to treat us?"

Ken "Hey look, it says students get 15% off this week because of school!*

"I don't think 15% covers it.."

Beautee "Don't worry about it! just go in already~"

*Everyone walks into the fancy restaurant*


                                              004_design-trends-MH1109-word-012-lgn.jp

Danielle "When I said pretty, I meant.. this place looks SCHMAAANCY"

Ravi "She means its really nice/fancy"

*Beautee laughs as a lady walks up to the group*

*The lady starts speaking*   "Beautee! Hyuk! I was wondering when you'd get home! Are these your friends? come in come in~! it's kind of busy right now, so I'll give you a booth on the second floor okay!"  

Danielle "Mom?"

Ravi "Home?"

*Beautee's mom hugs everyone and pushes them up the stairs*

Beautee "Haha, yeah, this is my family's restaurant, and upstairs is a cafe for desserts, bubble tea, icecream, stuff like that. Hyuk, go with everyone to the booth ok, I'll take our stuff and go change"

Hyuk "Araso Noona. This way everyone ^^"

Wow. So Beautee's family owns this entire place! Impressive.

Beautee "Be right back guys, living space is the 3rd floor so I won't be long"

Really Impressive. I think everyone is pretty impressed too. o-o

*Hyuk, N, Ken, Ravi and Danielle arrive at the private booth*

Beautee's Mom "Okay, here are the menues, everyone get comfortable okay? When you want to order just press this button and talk to me okay? I'll be on the other side~ If you need anything else ask my Hyukie. Now I've got to go, busy day!

*Everyone is still obsorbing the surroundings when Beautee returns*

Ken "Why did it take so long for us to meet~?"

Danielle "Can I order pasta? "

Ravi "Can I get a steak? :D"

"I want this Prime Deli Burger :D "

Beautee "Order whatever you want guys, its on the house"


- - - a short time later

*the food is arriving~*

Ken "Beautee, will you marry me? Q^Q"    *Ken has ordered steak too and is practically crying because it's so delicous*

I wonder how much all of this would cost if we had to pay.. The business must be doing very well if it can afford to treat us to so much food.

*The table goes silent because everyone is too busy eating*

Beautee "So~ How did you guys become friends? I hope you don't think I'm being rude but you all seem so different."

"Oh, it's perfectly fine, we get that we're pretty different!"

Ken adds "Yea, we are"    *Ken takes another bite of his steak*


Everyone starts talking in between bites. In short :

           N and Ken were neighbours when they were younger, so they're childhood friends.

           Danielle met Ravi in freshmen year and dragged him around, Danielle was a Prefect
           then and so was N, so Ravi met N through Danielle.

           Ken formed a swim team with Hongbin and Leo in freshman year(gr9)
           Ken got a leg cramp and almost died, Leo saved him from the water while Hongbin
           got the medics, and they've been friends since.


[Beautee's POV]

oh, so Ken and Danielle are like the recruiters xD I wish Hongbin was here~ I want to talk to him too

                   It was just last year when I saw him playing basketball for the Sports Festival ! It was Love
                   at first sight! I've been hoping to get close to him ever since, I was still shy but i got the
                   courage to leave him a note in his locker. His fan club saw me, and harrassed me! Saying
                   I was too plain for Hongbin! Even calling me ugly! I lost my courage and self esteem.
                   After recovering from the harrassement I vowed to improve myself and get back at those
                   girls! Although.. life isn't perfect... while I was slowly improving myself, I lost my friends.
                   They became jealous of my newfound popularity and abandoned me, I haven't been able
                   to make close friends ever since. But I'm not giving up! I will make friends! (and Hongbin
                   my boyfriend!) 
 That's why I'm a Queenka now! 

*Beautee's Mom rushes into the private room looking worried, she calls Beautee over*

Beautee's Mom "Beautee, I need you and your brother to be servers right now. 2 of the staff haven't arrived, this isn't the first time they're absent too, the restaurant has too many customers, these teens can eat like wolves!!  We don't have enough hands for the next shift!!"

"But Mom, what about my new friends? I can't just tell them to leave.."

Aww, the day can't end like this. I'm making friends D: 
Who were the 2 staff who keep being absent.

"They are so fired!"

Ah..how do I tell them to leave.. I can't.. :(

Ken "Ma'am I'd be more than willing to help out! I may not be able to cook up the perfect steak but I can be your waiter!"

Ravi "Me too, Mrs.____."

Danielle "I was planning on paying anyways, might as well work for the food you've just fed us. I don't like having debts. :)" 

N "Mrs. _____ my friend Hongbin's actually been looking for a part-time job, mind if I call him?"

Hongbin!? OMG!! say yes! SAY YES! SAY YESSS!

*Beautee's Mom looks at Beautee, and stares at everyone thinking*

Beautee's Mom ". . . OK. Call this Hongbin, I need you all ready in 10 minutes! Hyuk, get the boys to the men's change room and into some server uniforms! Girl's come with me!"

- - - Men's Change Room

Hyuk "Thankyou for helping us out when we're in a pinch, I'm really grateful"

Ken "hahaha look at this kid. Don't sweat it!"    *Ken gets Hyuk in a light headlock and ruffles his hair*

N "As the President of the student body, it is my responsibility to help you. :) "   *N calls Hongbin*

Ravi "Not the first time I waited tables, this place is much nicer too. :) "

*The boys change into the uniforms*

- - - Women's Change Room

Beautee's Mom "Wow~ You girls are going to attract even more customers! What am I going to do~!"

Beautee "Mommm, stop it."

Danielle "Mom, Like mother like daughter ;D !"

Beautee's Mom "hahahaha, I like your new friend honey. Danielle right, come over any time! This one hasn't brought anyone interesting here in a while"

Beautee "Mommm! >^"

- - - Men's Change Room

*Hongbin arrives*

N "Hongbin! wow, you got here really fast!"

Hongbin "Yeah, I was just around the corner when you called!"

Ravi "Bro, get changed, we're out in 5!"      *Ravi tosses a uniform to Hongbin*

Ken "Handsome aren't I? ;) "                          *Ken's strikes a pose in his uniform*
                                                       tea shop uniforms

[Beautee's POV]

wow I can't believe I'm waiting tables with Danielle and the Kingkas! I CAN'T BELIEVE MY LUCK!!
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH So exciting!!! THE UNIFORMS LOOK SO GOOD ON THEM!! THANKYOU MOM! I LOVE YOUU!

Everyone looks like they're having fun too! but we're so busy! we have a full house, the first and second floors are full of students! AND we have to deal with the take out orders too! 

ack, people keep taking flash photos, my eyes !

Beautee's Dad "No pictures! This is a restaurant not a tv show! you eat or you leave! Ah, Honey take this to table 14, 3 steaks and 1 Poutine"    *Beautee's Dad hands Beautee the trays*

"Okay, table 14 table 14"  *Beautee arrives at table 14, seated are 4 really loud guys*

Oh, that's our school uniform.    "Here is your order, 3 steaks and 1 poutine. Can I get you anything else to drink?"

Guy #1 "We already ordered our drinks, but can I order your phone number? ;) "

Guy #2 "ooh smoooth~"

Guy #3 "Hey I called dibz!"

"I'm sorry but employees aren't allowed to fraternize with the customers"   God.. these guys are annoying, first i get blinded by cameras now this.

Guy #4 "ooh, cold!"

Guy #1 "It's ok~ I like a girl who plays hard to get, why don't I come back for your after your shift? ;)"

get a hint. no means no. I should get out of here.

"I'm sorry customer but I'm very busy, please enjoy your meal."

*Guy #1 grabs Beautee's wrist!*

Guy #1 "Hey! I'm not done speaking to you yet. Aren't I a customer, a pretty little thing like you should do what I say!"

Guy #4 "Yo, man, chill"

Guy #3 "Yeah man, people are staring.."

this guy has a really strong grip on my wrist..   "I'm sorry if I angered you customer, but the restaurant is very busy, let me get another server for you."   so I can get out of here!

Guy #1 "I don't think so-"

*Hongbin appears grabbing Guy #1's arm!*

 "I'm sorry customer, but I'm going to have to ask you to let go of my fellow worker. ^^"   Hongbin says in a stern voice.

OMG Hongbin! *-*

Guy #1 "Who do you think you are! I am-"

Guy #2 "It's Hongbin! of Oak class!!"

Guy #3 "Let go man, we don't want to get stuck in this"

Guy #4 "You know about his fan club right? I heard they sent a guy to the hospital once!"

Guy #1 "A pretty boy hiding behind his fan club, what are you guys, chicken!"

Danielle "I recieved some complaints about the noise, but I see we have a couple of bugs to get rid of -_-"

N "Tywin Cha - Eldrick Burns - Nick Igno - Nole Peterson, as Student Council President.. I hope you don't do anything to tardy the image of our school."

The President and Vice President are so cool~ 

Danielle "Now, I was only going to ask for you to be quiet, but you choose.  The Police Station, or the Student Council Office?" 

*Guy #1 let's go of Beautee's wrist*

finally...phew.

Guy #1 "Forget this!! let's go guys!"


- - - - A clatter of chairs later

N "No one, messes with our friends"

"Oh No!"

Hongbin "What is it?"

"We forgot to ask them to pay!"

ah what do I do??!

Danielle "Don't worry about it, I guess we will be seeing them at the Student Council Office tomorrow :)"

Hongbin "Yeah, Leave it to our trusty President and Vice President :)  Anyways, are you okay? They didn't hurt you or anything?"

budump. Hongbin... *Beautee blushes a bright red*

"I- I'm okay. If you didn't step in I don't know- I mean- Thankyou >."   ah, stupid brain, make proper sentences!

Beautee's Dad "Hey you! Employees get back to work!"

*Everyone laughs and get's back to work, Overall it's a fun day working at Fuzaik*



- - - - - -  At a Convenience store somewhere

[Serrah's POV]

*the door chimes signaling that a person just entered the store*

*grumble grumble*

Ah..my stomache.. I didn't get to finish my lunch so now I'm extra hungry...
let's see, what to get what to get

what was that just now, the hairs on the back of my head are standing up.. am I being watched o-o

slowly..turn around and see if anyone's there

*Serrah slowly turns her head and makes eye contact with Leo! He stares back, Serrah looks away!*

OMG! It's that Leo guy again.. what to do what to do

Maybe he forgot about lunch

Ah..but what If I made him mad..should i apologize...yea he's probably mad at me.. just look at those eyes
I'm so dead! maybe..if I can get to the cashier fast enough he won't notice

I'll just grab whatever..ooh is that a cat shaped curry bun! AH don't get distracted! now let's see.. yakult..yakult..where is the yakult....a there it is!

*Serrah grabs the yakult*

Now to the cashier-ACK! *Serrah ram's right into Leo's chest and drops all the food!*

Holyyy..how did he get there..omg.. he's probably going to yell at me now, why do I keep running into him. I can't even look at him in the eyes.. i feel like he's glaring a hole into my head.. 

You know what..I can glare too! If you want a staring contest you've got one!

*Serrah defiantly looks into Leo's eyes... for 2 seconds*

forget it! FORGET IT! I'll starve! I'm on a diet from today on! MOLLA!



*Serrah runs out of the convenience store, the chimes ring loudly as the doors close*

- - - -

Leo looks at the closing doors, then at the cashier who saw the scene.

The cashier stares at Leo and the food scattered on the floor. He looks like he's about to say something but Leo keeps staring at him. The cashier turns away.

Leo crouches down and starts picking up the food.

Yakult   -    Tonkatsu-to-go   -    Cat shaped curry bun      -      octopus & peanuts mix

Leo looks back out the door.. thinking  [Leo's POV is in Teal]

"that girl has wierd taste"  He was only trying to give her pencil case back to her..but why does she keep running away, is her second job an escape artist or something?

Maybe I scared her..but then she glared at me, what did I do? ... *sigh* can she just get her pencil case..

*Leo pays for the food and goes out the door

There she is. Serrah just turns the corner, probably heading home.

Leo puts the pencil case in with the food and follows after Serrah.

[Serrah's POV]

the hairs on my neck stand on end again. I hear footsteps behind me slowly catching up. OH MY GOD, I'm being followed !! Who's following me!

*Serrah picks up her pace*

Just got to get home..

*Serrah takes a peek to see who's following her*

OH MY - GOD - it's Leo again!! Why does he keep following me! I don't get it! Just please please leave me alone >."
maybe I should just ask him...no bad idea.. me talk to people, i'm getting ahead of myself.

I see my house. and Leo is almost behind me!   *Serrah runs into her house without looking back!*


- - - - a short time later

*Serrah is running up the stairs to her room*wooden-furniture-in-Japanese-house.jpg

*Ding Dong - Ding Dong*

Oh god don't tell me that's Leo..do I have to talk to him.. Oh No! Dad might open the door..!! Maybe if I hide they won't figure it out.

Serrah's Mom "Serrah, honey! someone left you something at the door!"

What.. what could it be??  *Serrah hurries down the stairs*

"What is it mom? What's 'something' ?"

*Serrah's Mom hands her the convenience store bag*

What.. It's the stuff I was going to buy at the convenience store.. and my pencil case!
No Way! Did Leo get it for me..wait..how did he get my pencil case?? oh I must have dropped it on the roof!

on a small note attached to the bag, in blue ink is "Serrah"

Not even leaving his name, haha.. maybe he's not so bad. Maybe Hongbin was right.. I can try giving his friends a chance..

*Serrah happily walks into her attic room, putting the sticky note on the wall*


                                                    simple bedroom

My limited edition Cat Curry bun~ I thought I'd never get to eat you~ myam

And so the first day ends with the Cat Curry Bun ~

What will happen tomorrow~




End of Chapter 2 : Friendship means Shopping







authors note~

did you see that Flower Boy Next door reference i put there? ;D
hahaha~ anywho's how did you like chapter 2? comment comment comment~
and as an added bonus here are the School Uniforms of Riverrrun High : School of the Exceptionally Talented ^o^~   see you in chapter 3 ~
cute korean girl high school uniform redcute korean boy high school uniform red