Riverrun High : Know Your Surroundings

Quietly Loving You - a VIXX high school love story

Opening a door to a frozen heart
Is like the parting of clouds during a dark day
One must change the way they see the world

parting-clouds-4.png
Through new eyes
Every day is beautiful 


- - - - - - - Bright and Early in the Morning in   Oak Class

A small figure enters through the sliding doors

[Serrah's POV]

phew, no one is here yet..

*Serrah carefully steps towards Leo's desk, double checking that no one is around*

He probably doesn't even like Crown Heim's.. but it was the only thing I could find that wasn't opened in the house..
I had no time to go to the store this morning so I'll just buy more later

*Serrah puts the Crown Heims on top of Leo's desk*

hm.. what if someone else sees it and takes it.    crown white heim

*Serrah takes the Crown Heims back*

Will he even know they're from me.. I couldn't possibly say 'thank you for bringing back my pencil case last night' and give this to him in front of everyone. >."

And I can't exactly ask to meet with him privately.. the staring.. i can't handle it!

I'll just write my name on a sticky note, that way he'll figure it out!

*Serrah takes a sticky note and-*     wait.. what if someone else sees my name..  I can't take any risks, got to keep a low profile.   I know!   I'll draw the cat bun!

*Serrah carefully draws the Cat Curry Bun on the sticky note* 

there! he probably remembers the cat bun.. i think.. hopefully..  I hope he likes them. 

*Serrah decides to put the Crown Heims inside Leo's desk, to be double sure it's not taken by someone else*

and my job here is done~

I woke up extra early to get here today, maybe I should walk around a bit.. see a little of the school.  *yawn*

- - - - - Riverrun High : School for the Exceptionally Talented

[feel free to skip the reading and just look at the pictures below]

The school has 3 separate buildings each connected with glass tunnels, enabling you to walk from one department to the next. .

Each student is enrolled with a Talent in one of the 3 departments.

Arts
                Visual Arts - Painting, Drawing, Sculpture, Etc
                Performing Arts - Acting, Singing, Dancing, Instruments

Athletics
                Sports ranging from Basketball to Soccer to Chess to Ping Pong, you name it.

Domestics
                Skills ranging from Cooking to Engineering, and even Business, grooming would-be government officials
                and future company presidents.
              
Normal Classes are held 3 out of the 5 days in school.
The afternoons on the 4th and 5th day are reserved for fostering Talents.
During this time students focus on perfecting their Talents and are also able to explore new talents so they may grow as wonderful citizens of society. Having classes of students with different talents is 1 of the methods.

The freshman (gr9) classrooms are located in the Arts Building, the first out of the 3.
It is equipped with studios for the visual arts, dance and drama, and music rooms for vocals and instruments.
The biggest floor is converted into an indoor Theater for performances.

The sophomore (gr10) and junior (gr11) classrooms are in the Athletics Building, beside the Arts Building.
It is equipped with 3 large indoor gymnasiums, the biggest being split in half, the other half being a pool for water sports.

The senior (gr12) classes are in the Domestic Building, the last of the 3, beside the Athletics Building.
It is equipped with Kitchens, Wood Shops, Metal Shops, Computer rooms, Laboratories..you name it.

Riverrun High, being an Elite school also has a large field, big enough to have all the sports teams playing at the same time.  The school grounds also include a storage building, a large garden and a forest with a small lake.





                   

                   2vtuvrb.jpg
                                                             [ Talents subject to change upon authors will ]

 

- - - - - - - Back at Oak Class - morning class has yet to begin

*Leo sits at his desk yawning, getting ready for the day.

Students are slowly filing into the class as the bell is about to ring.*

Ken "Leo! Sup my man!"

*Leo nods in acknowledgement and reaches into his desk *

[Leo's POV]

what..there's something inside my desk. 

*Leo takes the Crown Heims from his desk, seeing a sticky note with a cat drawing on top*

cat? ...cat.  It must be from that cat curry bun girl ..Serrah?  I guess this is like a 'thank you' from her.
I wasn't really expecting anything.. seeing as she keeps running away from me.

Actually..is she here, I should at least show her I have it..  *Leo sees Serrah's empty seat*   Ah.. no she isn't. Well.. I like Crown Heims.  *Leo removes the sticky note and-*


*Ken sees Leo looking at the seat*    [Ken POV ]   Why's Leo looking at Beautee's desk? ..Don't tell me he's got his eye on her! Well..can't deny he's got good taste-

"WOah! are those Crown Heims!!" 


[back to Leo's POV]
 
*Ken snatches the Crown Heims from Leo!! Easily opening the box and grabbing one to eat!*

"Dude, you weren't going to share~ Man I love these!"

*Leo is about to take them back when he sees Serrah*

Oh crap.
 
 *Serrah sees Ken with the Crown Heims*
 
*Leo makes eye contact with Serrah but she looks away, walking to her seat*
 
I hope she's not mad .   .   .  she'll understand that Ken just took them, its not that I don't accept her thank you.. right?..
 
*Danielle enters the room seeing Ken eating the Crown Heims*
 
Danielle "Oooh Foood!" 
 
*Danielle rushes to Ken trying to get some Crown Heims*
*Ken takes the Crown Heims out of her reach*
 
Danielle "YAH! Ken! - *Danielle tries reaching for the Crown Heims* - Share some with me! As the Vice President I order you!"
 
*Ken continues eating the Crown Heims in front of Danielle, Serrah can see it too*
 
Ken "Not sharing!!"
 
Danielle "Waaaaeeeee-"
 
*Ravi lightly places a box of Pocky on Danielle's head*
 
Danielle "Huh? what's that? oooh! POCKY!"
 
*Danielle takes the Pocky and happily goes to her desk*
 
Danielle "thaankyou RAVIOLI~"
 
*Ken pretends to gag*
 
*Professor Oak walks in*
 
"Good Morning class, Oh Ravi! your here early! See me after school.. ah just kidding! Nice to see you on time for class boy!"

 
 
- - - - -  Lunch
 
[Serrah's POV]
 
*Serrah once again rushes to exit the class for lunch
 
But gets stopped by Hongbin and Beautee!*
 
Hongbin "Serrah-pi-"
 
Beautee "Serrah-ssi-"
 
*Beautee and Hongbin make eye contact and have a lightbulb moment!*
 
*Beautee and Hongbin each link arms with Serrah*
 
They planned this didn't they.. =_=
 
Hongbin "You aren't planning to escape again are you?"

must - plan escape  !
 
Beautee "I brought cakes for dessert! Leftovers from last night~"
 
CAKE?! ....cake first.  I wonder if she has chocolate..
 
*Serrah glares at Hongbin but...for the cake*

I guess I'll try escaping later.

"let go please"
 
I can feel the stares of the other students watching, analyzing me
 
Hongbin "Promise you won't run?"
 
*Serrah slightly nods her head*

Beautee "Serrah won't run! we're going to eat lunch together~ and it's not like she can outrun us! You're so fast on the basketball court!"

Oh..Hongbin still plays basketball.. He didn't tell me. . but it's not like i give him many chances to tell me anything..

Hongbin "Trust me, this one is a mean runner! She used to do track in middle school, even I can't keep up!"

He still remembers that..it was so long ago..       I quit the track team the next year, after Hongbin left my old middle school, the bullying suddenly got worse. Girls always calling me out, wrecking my stuff or locking me in dark closets.. I became claustrophobic, I almost stopped going to school. Eventually it got 'less bad' .. I just stopped talking to anyone..and no one bothered me. I met some people who tried being my friends.. but they weren't the same as me.. they didn't understand what it's like to not have friends and be looked at with eyes of envy.

 
 
 
- - - - -  At the lake side
 
*Everyone is already eating lunch*
 
*Hongbin, Serrah and  Beautee arrive, taking their seats beside Ken and Leo*
 
Ken "Ooh Hongbin~ Such a Playa~ ~"       It's Ken the guy who took the Crown Heims.. -.-
 
N "As the Student Council President I can't condone your behaviour, don't you know the rules, 1 girl at a time."
 
Ken "N, your just jealous you can't get the ladies~"
 
Danielle "Shut Up Ken, You can't get them either!"

N, Ken and Danielle really like to argue, they don't even get mad
 
Hongbin "Anyways, Serrah, these are my friends, you already know Beautee to your left, and that's Leo, Danielle, Ravi, and the 2 loud ones there  are Ken and N."
 
*The group says hello in a chorus, except Leo, he just bows his head*

Hello Hello~ Hello Hello HELLO
 
Danielle "OH YEAH! Leo doesn't know Beautee! Basically all of us helped out at her restaurant last night, it was fun!"
 
Beautee "Hi, I'm Beautee"   *Beautee smiles in Leo's direction*
 
*Leo bows his head again*

He doesn't seem to talk much.. I wonder what he's thinking .. I'm not mad at him for this morning, I'm a bit mad at Ken, because he ate the Crown Heims.. I still need to repay Leo somehow.
 
Hyuk "NOONAAA! Can I join you for lunch!*
 
*Hyuk doesn't wait for a reply and squeezes himself in between Beautee and Leo, causing Leo to bump into Danielle*
 
*Danielle easily moves over to make space*

                                                   [seating arrangements]
 
                                                      Serrah   
                                      Hongbin                      Beautee
 
                                     Ken                                   Hyuk
 
                                            N                               Leo
                                                               ✖  
                                                      Ravi                Danielle
 
[Serrah POV]
 
wow, Danielle is so natural. If that was me, I would have freaked out! She really is comfortable around these guys.. maybe they're not so bad..
 
*Everyone starts chatting as they eat lunch*
 
I stare at the ground.. unable to join the conversation. Beautee is really natural around these guys too, how does she do it?
 
*In no time everyone is done eating their lunch*
 
Beautee "Okay everyone, time for dessert!"   *Beautee carefully unpacks 6 assorted cakes*
 
Beautee "Alright Dig In!"     *In a flash all the boys have got their hands on a slice of cake!*
 
Danielle "Ravi! You know I wanted that strawberry cheesecake!"    *Danielle punches Ravi on the shoulder*
 
*Ravi sighs, takes his fork and splits his cake in half, giving the half to Danielle*
 
Danielle "Thanks~~~ Got cake~ awww yeaaah~"     *Danielle smiles*

Those 2 are really close too.. ah... I want cake :(
 
*Serrah eyes the chocolate cake in Ken's hands*
 
Chocolate cake... i want it.
 
Hongbin "Do you 2 want to split my cake? I don't mind"  *Hongbin offers his cake to Beautee and Serrah*
 
Beautee "No thank you, you should split it with Serrah! :D"
 
Lemon cake.. actually I want the chocolate .
 
Beautee "Oh, Serrah, you want a piece of the chocolate cake?"
 
Oh crap! Did I say that out loud!
 
Danielle "Oh, you want the chocolate cake? Ken! give her your cake!"
 
Ken "Whaaaaaat?"    *Ken doesn't seem to want to share*
 
Hongbin "I'll trade you?"
 
Ken "I don't want your yellow cake!!"
 
Danielle "Then split it you pig!"
 
*Beautee, Hyuk, Ravi and N laugh at Danielle and Ken arguing*
 
*While Ken isn't looking, Hongbin discreetly splits the cake in half, getting Serrah a piece*
 
Got cake Yay! .. okay I'll stay a little longer..
 
*Ken notices half his cake is gone!*
 
Ken "Hey! where'd half my cake go?!"
 
N "Don't worry about it!"
 
Danielle "Just eat your cake!"
 
*Danielle and N both pat Ken on the back*
 
*Ken drops his cake on the ground!*
 
Ah.. such a waste of cake!  but that's what he gets for taking snacks that aren't his.

Ken "NOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooo!!"

*N ends up splitting his cake with Ken*
 
This is..... not so bad? hehe
 
*Serrah quietly takes a bite of her chocolate cake*

 
 
- - - - - - - Girls Washroom 
 
Ugh..Beautee and Danielle dragged me to the stupidly large washrooms.. what's with girls  going to the washrooms together..
 
oh well..might as well use the washroom now that I'm here.
 
*Serrah, Danielle, and Beautee each take a stall*
 
*A group of loud girls enter washroom*
 
Girl #1 "Oh my god, did you see Beautee's hair today?"
 
Girl #2 "Yea, how does get it to look so shiny!"
 
Girl #3 "Shut Up Connie!"
 
Girl #4 "She was obviously just trying too hard to impress Hongbin!"
 
Girl #2/Connie "Oh my gawwd Daisy~ How do you even know she likes Hongbin?"
 
Girl #4/ Daisy "It's all about instincts ladies, You can just tell when a plastic is going after your man"
 
Girl #3 "Shut Up Daisehh. He's not even yours! Have you seen him following that new girl?!"
 
Girl #2/ Connie "Oh my gawwd yeaah! That Serrah girl! Someone told me she saw them go to the rooftop together!"
 
Girl #4/ Daisy "Shut Up!! That girl better watch her back!"
 
Girl #1 "What are you going to do Daisy? I heard she ate lunch with the Kingka group today! You know how President N and Vice President Danielle are protective of their friends!"
 
Girl #4/ Diasy "Danielle? The girl who used her position to get close to the Kingkas! A seducing two-face like her? she doesn't have any friends!"
 
Girl #1 "Aw, don't say that, I hear she's actually getting along with Beautee"
 
Girl #4/ Daisy "hahahaha so the 3 misfits become friends! You're hilarious!!  hahahaha"
 
*The 4 girls exit the washrooms laughing*
 
*creak - Serrah, Danielle, and Beautee exit the washroom stalls and stare at one another*
 
These 2.. are different.. maybe .. I can assume we're all in the same boat.. ? 
 
Danielle "So.. I guess we're all in the same boat."
 
Beautee "That's exactly what I was thinking!"
 
Maybe ..                            "Want to be friends?"             
 
* Danielle and Beautee look at Serrah shocked! *

Oh my god..did I just say that !..what if they say no?!.. why am I even trying to make friends?? Hongbin's constant talk must have brainwashed me! What do I do..

*Before Serrah could so anything, Danielle and Beautee answer*
 
Danielle "Friends?"
 
Beautee "Friends!"
 
"friends"

*Danielle links arms with Beautee and Serrah and they all walk back to class*

I guess this isn't so bad.




- - - - - - - - Oak Class 

Prof. Oak  "Good work everyone, Class Dismissed."  Prof. Oak leaves the class.

Danielle "I really want to hang out with you 2 after school! but I have to go deal with those guys from yesterday..*sigh*  ."
 
N "Yes, we need to go and give them a warning..and a little cleaning. That should teach them"

Danielle "I'll text you, okay?! See you tomorrow~ bye~!"

N "Later everyone!"      *Danielle and N leave the class*

Ken "So Beautee, busy today? Wanna have another 'homework date' , Chilly's? ;) "
 
[Serrah's POV]

*Beautee turns to Serrah*
 
Beautee "Want to join us Serrah-pi  (whispers: Help me!) "
 
Beautee..I know we just became 'friends' and everything...but studying with Ken...erm... I'm still- i don't know..it would be weird to study with him.. I got to make an excuse.. Oh!I still need to repay Leo from yesterday. I can use this.
 
"uh...I can't go.. I still have to ...uh.... buy school supplies."

Beautee "Oh! Let me go with you! Sorry Ken, maybe another time!"

Ken "No worries! I'll join you 2! I can help you carry your bags!"

Why is this Ken guy so persistent.. I can't believe I'm going to say this..

"Hongbin.. "

What am I doing, but. I'd rather he come too.  *Hongbin gets the hint*

Hongbin "Yea! I'm in! Actually I need to buy my stuff too! How about you Ravi, Leo ?"

Ravi "Sorry, got work again, got to go!"       *Ravi leaves for work*

Hongbin "Leooo, I know you're free AND you have to buy your stuff too, join us! :)"

Leo "mm" 


*Beautee receives a text*        *bzz bzz*

                 Honey, I need you in for work! Pali Pali!
                                                              Bea-umma


Beautee "Aww, Sorry Serrah..can't go anymore, mom's calling me in for work :("

nooooooooo.... How do I get out of this ?! It would have been fine if I was with Beautee..but alone?!?!

 
 
- - - - - - - - At Whalemart   (this place has got EVERYTHING)
 

*Serrah ends up getting taken to Whalemart to buy the school supplies*

Such a weird list.. why do our teachers even need us to get   -1 small stuffed animal (7cm)
What are we even going to do with stuffed animals?? 
Anyways..wow! this place is HUGE! My old town had a Whalemart too..but this one is like HUUUGE.

Hongbin  "Serrah! Hurry or we'll leave you behind! "

Ken  "Yes Serrah-ssi , this place is pretty big, don't want to get split up! ^^"

*Serrah runs over, to rejoin the guys.*

 


- - - - - Toy section of Whalemart

Hongbin "Ken, what did you end up getting for this stuffed animal thing?"

Ken "Oh! I got this dinosaur with a yellow mohawk! Its so cool, got it propped up at home! "

Hongbin "Oh? Let me get one..where is it?"

Ken "It's actually in the Dog Toys section, 
N and Ravi got their stuffed animals there too! Dinosaurs! Let's go!"

Hongbin "Wait, we can't, we should wait for Leo and Serrah, look, Leo's still looking!"

Ken  "Leo and Serrah-ssi can take care of themselves! What are they going to do? Yell at each other to death? hahaha"

Wait..don't leave- *Ken drags Hongbin away* ah.... they're gone.
And Ken was all 'Don't want to get split up' but he's the one doing the splitting!

*Leo and Serrah quietly look at stuffed animals*

so.. ..awkward. Do we just stay here and wait for Ken and Hongbin to get back? Hongbin get back already!
Should I say something? This is my chance to thank him..

aaah..the last time i talked to him..I yelled at him thinking he was Hongbin! I almost forgot! Now I really do have to apologize.. he went out of his way just toreturn my pencil case too! He's so wierd..

"Thank you"  Leo doesn't react, I don't think he can hear me. Slowly..cautiously, I stand beside Leo.   "Thank You!"   ah! He heard me! >///

"uh..I mean.. thank you -  for getting my pencil case for me-and getting my food-I can pay you back-and about yelling at you on the roof-sorry about that-and do you like Crown Heims? I mean-I can get you more if you like them-"

*Serrah bumps into a shelf of toys!*

    * CRASH!! *

- - - 3 seconds earlier

I don't know what happened, but Leo smiled.. and then his expression changed and I feel Leo's arms grab me and pull me towards him! Then I hear a something fall and hit the floor behind me, shattering into a hundred of pieces!

Leo's chest is warm             and I can hear his shallow breath "haa haa" -ba-dump-ba-dump - the blood rushes to my face, but before I can say anything he let's go. Shocked.. I stand there , but I hear a voice approaching and break out of the shock.

Janitor "Excuse me customers, we'll have to ask you to vacate the premesis, the broken items are a safety hazard so please change your location"

Change our location?.. right.. uh..where.. ?

I look at Leo and he walks to the end of the Toy section.. *Leo stands there*    oh, he must be waiting for me to follow him.

- - - - - later

We ended up not getting stuffed animals.. and it's all my fault.      Why am I so awkward.. just relax Serrah! relax!

*arf ARF! woof WOOF! meow! chirp chirp!*

Huh..? Oh, we must be near the pets section, pets?..dogs..dog toys! right, Ken took Hongbin here!

But where are they? Leo doesn't seem to see them either..

let's see pet snacks,- - - -> pet clothes,- - - - > pet toys!   but no Hongbin or Ken.. where did they go.. ?

*Leo loses interest in looking for Ken and Hongbin and enters the Pet Jungle*

the Pet Jungle, does he think they're in there? ooh I want to see the cute pets! might as well follow him!

- - - - - Whalemart's Pet Jungle

awww!  SO CUUTTTEE!


tumblr_me113zUjvO1r67nlm.gifMy-nephews-cute-pet-chicks-and-ducklingstumblr_lh6ywf5ThC1qfyzelo1_400.jpg

"Wah! it's a little Zure!!  Hello little Zure~ ah so cute~!"             Zure is my pet cat, she's beautiful with black fur and blue eyes.    "You look just like my Zure accept she has a little white patch on the middle of her forehead~"

tumblr_m75wa05uSM1qiryzoo1_500.jpg         so cute! 

*ring ring ring*

Hmm..    *Leo picks up his phone*

Is that Ken I hear on the other side   *Leo hangs up and starts walking*   Ah wait for me!
We leave the Pet Jungle and walk back through the pet stuff - and that's when I see a small yellow lion staring back at me! It's Leo! I mean.. they have the same face!

I see the human Leo waiting for me at the end of the isle- I grab the small toy lion and follow after Leo. I don't think he saw.

- - - - - -

Hongbin "Serrah! Leo!!"

Ken "What happened! We heard a crash and headed back to the toys section, but you 2 werent there!!"

Hongbin "There was just some guy cleaning up some broken toys! what happened?"

*Leo stays silent*

"Ah..yea.. a toy fell and broke on the ground, so we had to leave.. I'm sorry-"

Hongbin "Well , as long as you're okay."

Ken "Yea, It would if you guys got hurt."

Hongbin "Let's call it a day, Serrah I'll take you home ^^"



- - - - - - - - - - On the way to Serrah's house

*Hongbin is walking Serrah home*

Hongbin "So.. you just happened to bump into that shelf and the toy fell?"

"yea.."

Hongbin "And you didn't get hurt?"

"uh.. Leo pulled me out of the way, right before it fell.. so I'm okay"

don't think about it, don't think about it.. >///

Hongbin "That's good, you're lucky it was Leo, he's got great reflexes, he saved Ken from drowning once you know."

"Oh"

Hongbin "Serrah..  "

"yea..?"

Hongbin "You should rely on me a bit more, I'm sorry, I shouldn't have left you and Leo-"

"what, no! Its okay! its not like your my bodyguard or anything"

Hongbin "But, its my fault-"  

Hongbin's eyes sadden, and I remember the times he apologized back in middle school, when people started calling me names, when people started destroying my stuff,     ..when he was leaving.

"Stop. Stop right now. It was an accident! You didn't do anything wrong!.. so you don't need to apologize!"

I knew it.  Hongbin's still blaming himself for me being bullied.. that's why he's so nice to me and always following me around. He needs to stop..

before I know it we're in front of my house*

Hongbin "Bye Serrah, See you tomorrow ^^"

Hongbin smiles his usual bright smile, showing off his dimples, but I can tell he's down by the look in his eyes.

"Tomorrow.. where are we having lunch?"

*Hongbin's expression brightens*    "We're eating at the lake spot again of course ! :) "

"Okay, see you tomorrow ^^"

- - - - - - -  Serrah alone in her room

I have to try harder, to be a better friend. I need to stop being so cautious of people, and pushing them away.

Tomorrow is a brand new day.



- - - flashback

a small girl with short black hair is tiptoeing, trying to reach a book, but a hand grabs it!

Girl "Yah! that was mine!"

oh, what a tall guy..

Boy "Oh, what do I do, I wanted to study this book too."

Girl "Sorry, but "The Eye of an Artist" has already been reserved by me, you're going to have to make a reservation."

the boy chuckles, but quietly of course, they are in a Library.

Boy "haha you're funny, I like you, what's your name?"

the girl blushes and answers in a small voice.

Girl "Serrah, my name is Serrah."






The end of Chapter 3 : Riverrun High : Know Your Surroundings

 



authors note :

So how did you like chapter 3? I changed things up a bit near the end format wise.
Did you understand how the school works okay? I know it may get a bit confusing!
Little by little i hope to really get into the back story of the characters~ but just a sprinkle here and there! Who's your favourite character so far? comment comment comment!
See you next chapter! tiranical out ^o^~!


*UPDATE*  Expect new format changes in chapter 4! I realize, sometimes there is too much POV and then not enough, so I will be trying out some new formats to see which works best ^^! please comment if when chap4 comes out if you prefer the old or new format ^o^!