Sports Festival : Training Days! 1

Quietly Loving You - a VIXX high school love story

You never know if you'll find
a flower hidden beneath the leaves

lotus-are-sometimes-very-shy-so-i-someti
surprise!
sometimes you have to look within.

 

- - - - - - - - - Fuzaik Restaurant / Beautee's Home   12 Days to D-Day

                                                        
                                                                                                         [ second floor / cafe ] 

                                                         004_design-trends-MH1109-word-012-lgn.jp                                                                                                               
                                                                                               [ first floor / dining restaurant ]


- - - - - Second Floor Cafe

at a corner near the windows, the group( Beautee, Danielle, Serrah, N, Ken, Ravi, Leo, Hongbin and Hyuk ) are talking about what to do for the Sports Festival.

Beautee's Mom comes over with a tray "Here you go kids, 9 bubble teas and cakes! "

Everyone " Thanks Mom~ -  Thanks mom! - Thank you Beautee's Mom! - Thank You!!~ - thank you - Thank You ! - *Leo nods his head* - Thank You Beautee's Mom ! - Thank You Beautee's Mom ^_^"

Beautee " Great~ now that our drinks are here, what are you guys going to sign up for? :D "

Danielle " I don't want to do anything.. I'll just be an overseer of the events "

Ken says sarcastically " Aw, don't say that Danielle~ don't you love sports!! "

Danielle " uh.. no. I'll leave all the athletics stuff to the Athletics Department. I'm in the Arts for a reason man. "

N " I still can't believe they did this without discussing it with the student council.. The school agenda I carefully planned .. AY CHINCHA! >_<"

Ken " Well I'm going to sign up for everything! How about you guys?! "

Ravi " I think I'll go for the obstacle course and Soccer. Leo, Soccer? "

N " Of course Leo's going to be on the soccer team! let's see.. "    * N takes Leo's Form and checks * " Boys Soccer, 100m Race, Relay Race, Leo you should do all the running games !"

Hongbin " I'm signing up for everything too, I'll probably get into Basketball- "

Danielle " What are you talking about ! You're the ace of the basketball team! of course you'll get into Basketball! "

Ken " N You should do something, be an example for the class.. sign up for the Egg Toss ! "

N " Yah Yah! Why the egg toss?? "

Danielle " Do it N! Only the lazy people join the Egg Toss, Be a good example! "  * Danielle pats N on the back *

The boys laugh~ ahahaha

N " fine.. " N signs up for Egg Toss

Beautee " I want to try everything too! How about you Serrah? Hongbin told me you used to be a runner :D ! "

Ken and N " Serrah's a runner?! "   Everyone looks over at Serrah and Hongbin

Serrah " uh..yea.. back in middle school. I don't do it anymore so.. "

Hongbin " Yeah! She was a member of the Track Team! Long Distance and Sprint. She was awesome! "

Serrah concentrates on drinking her bubble tea while looking down.

Danielle " You should sign up for the races Serrah! Show them what you've got! "   * Beautee and Danielle cross off Relay Race, 100m Sprint, Obstacle Course, Grls Volleyball and Scavenger Hunt on Serrah's list when she's not looking*

Serrah " ah.. but.. I'm not that good anymore.. so maybe not- "

Danielle and Beautee " Come ooon~ You've got to do something! ~ Let's play together!"

Danielle " Yeaaah~ It's not like they'll put you in all the games anyways, so signing up won't hurt you! "

Hyuk " Serrah-noona, Everyone gets to train on their free time for the festival, I'm planning to train this weekend with the Soccer team, and on our Talent Days :D "

Beautee " Great idea Hyuk! The girls volleyball team will have some practices too, you can train with us! "

Serrah " *sigh *.. okay. I'll try.. maybe on Talent Days.. "

Hongbin " That's the spirit! I should do some extra training this weekend too ^_^! "

Everyone talks excitedly about the upcoming Sports Festival and what events they hope to get into ~



- - - - - - - Time Skip,   Ravi is walking Danielle home

                                                           Pocky-620x350.jpg

Danielle " Looks like everyone is going to do training on the Talent Days huh? "

Ravi " Yea, It's going to be fun ^^ "

Danielle " So Ravi.. are you going to try getting into Dance? "

Ravi  " On the Talent Days? No.. my dad is probably spying on me.. "

Danielle angrily eats her Pocky " But.. you want to dance!.. you should be dancing! Not hiding your talent in Domestics! "

Ravi " Danielle don't worry, my Dad will come around, it's not like I can't dance at all-"

Danielle " But I want to see you dance! In public! In front of an audience! "   * Danielle sticks a Pocky in Ravi's mouth before he can answer back *   " I just want you to be happy.. "

The 2 quietly arrive in front of Danielle's town house.  

                                      Toronto-House-by-Robert-Jack-Will.jpg
                                            [ Danielle lives in the townhouse with the tree on the lawn ]

Danielle " Well.. get home safely "

Ravi " Yeap, that's my chauffeur  calling.. "  * Ravi holds up his blinking phone *

Danielle " Same time, same place on Sunday ? "

Ravi " *siigh* .. yea.. See you at Chilly's "    Ravi waves as Danielle walks up her stairs and enters her house.



- - - - - - - -  Saturday    11 Days to D-Day

- - Danielle's House                                              [ Danielle's POV]

 * bzz bzz bzz bzz bzz bzz bzz*

aaaaish! who's texting me so early in the morning?!? It's not even 9 yet!

                                          I need you to come to the Student Council room today,
                                             we have paperwork to do for the Sports Festival !
                                                                                                                 - N


*groan* why..why me?! can't he get someone else.. !?!!?

                                                                               whyyyyyyyyyyyy   D:
                                                                                        - Danielle

 *bzz bzz *

                                                   PALI PALI!! You're the VIce-President! PALIII!!!     
                                                        We have lots of work to do  (ー△ー;)
                                                                                     - N

aaaaah...he wouldn't ask unless he needs my help.. fine FINE! 

                                                                      fine, i'll be there in 30 minutes.
                                                                                           - Danielle


*siiigh* time to get up.. what should i wear? no time. t-shirt and jeans, whatever, it's just school..
                                                              

 

- - - - - - - Athletics Building    11:30am

[Beautee's POV]

Ahh,.. eotteokaji ! Am I really going to do this.. ?!?

It's Saturday, and I'm making my way to the Basketball Gym.. Hongbin's there >///
Instead of sleeping in, I woke up a little earlier to make some lunch boxes.. I made an extra one for Hongbin..ah.. I'm so nervous! I just hope he'll accept it, I mean.. we are friends now ..


 * Boys in uniform are coming out of the Basketball Gym, they're so loud you can't help but listen in *

Boy 1 " Yah Kangjun, who do you think that girl on the bleachers is? "
Boy 2 " The cute girl sitting there with the lunchbox?? "
Boy 1 " Yeah! I've never seen her here before, is she someone's cousin or something? "
Boy 3 " I saw Hongbin say hi to her earlier "
Boy 1 " Aah..! Of course ! The girls always come for Hongbin.. ! :( "
Boy 2 " Why? were you interested ? :P "
Boy 1 " Yah yah yah, I don't take away girls who already like someone else! "
Boy 3 " hahaha, yea, sure, whatever man.. you just know you're no match for Hongbin.  Let's go- "
Boy 1 " Really! I wasn't interested okay! -   * The boys become too far away to hear *

A girl Hongbin personally greeted is in the gym.. why did I think this was a good idea. Of course other girls are going to want to cheer Hongbin on! :(  But it was a last minute practice.. unless they have a close friend in Athletics they wouldn't know ...aah..Cheer up Beautee! You are the daughter of a restaurant owner! You are a great cook! Your lunchbox is as good or better than any other girls!


                                           
 *  With courage, Beautee steps into the Basketball Gym, and sees the girl those boys were talking about. She's in a grey dress and boys plaid shirt, cinched at the waste by a brown belt.. her face deep in a book *

That must be her, who is she.. I can't see her face..

                                                    

 * Beautee walks up to her, guard ready! *

Let's see who this girl is.. hmm.. she kinda feels familiar..
" excuse me, is this seat taken ? "

 * The girl slowly lifts her face out of the book- *

" Serrah!!? "   She's the girl those guys were talking about??

Serrah " Beautee?! What are you doing here?! "    * Serrah looks surprised *

* Beautee sees Serrah's 3-layer lunch box and quickly hides hers in her bag *

                                                
                                                                            [ Beautee's outfit and her Panda Lunch Box ]

uh.. Did she bring that giant lunchbox for Hongbin??.. wow.. must have taken a lot of work.. my lunchbox can't compare to that.. :(  " Oh nothing, just dropping off a lunch box for Hyuk. He's practicing hard with the Soccer team today ^^ !"

Serrah " Oh.. the Soccer Team is practicing today too? "

I didn't take Serrah as the 'make a lunch box for someone' type..  even if they are childhood friends

Beautee " Yep, all the Sports teams must be excited with the Sports Festival happening so soon,.. so.. 3-layer lunch box? I would have never guessed.."

Serrah " Ah! Aniya aniya! It's not what you think!  My mom tricked me into leaving the house.. look, the lunchbox even comes with matching water bottles! Then she called my cell, telling me I had to bring this lunch to Hongbin. I bet they planned this! aah..I just wanted to stay at home and read today.. >_< "

Oh..   Hongbin and Serrah's mom talk? well.. that makes more sense.. he's probably met her mom a few times ..

Hyuk " Bea-noona~! "

Beautee " Hyuk, what, did your practice end already??"

Hyuk " Nope, we're practicing all day, but we get to have a lunch break now ^-^! "

 * You can see the Soccer Team in the halls, heading to their lockers *

Hongbin " Beautee, Hyuk! What are you guys doing here? :D "

Serrah  " Towel? "   * Serrah slaps a towel on Hongbin's face *

Hongbin " Thanks ^_^! "   * Hongbin wipes the sweat on his face, fresh from the Basketball practice *

Hyuk " My sister was just dropping off my lunch, are you going on a break now too Sunbae? Let's all eat lunch together ^-^! "

Hongbin " Oh, really? Sure- Oh ! LEO! Join us for lunch! "   * Hongbin catches Leo by the arm as he passes the gymnasium doors*
" Leo, let's all eat lunch together, Serrah's mom made tons of food! Let's eat lunch !"

Hyuk " Yeah, Leo-hyung! let's eat lunch together! "   * Hongbin and Hyuk pull at Leo, he can't get out of their grasp.. so he agrees *

Leo " ... "

Hongbin " Awesome! You guys don't mind eating here do you? I'd rather stay near air-conditioning right now x) "

Hyuk " Me too! Let's eat up there in a corner, in case more people decide to eat lunch here ^^ A noona.. you were probably going to head home now were you..?"

Beautee " Actually, I brought an extra lunch ^^! You don't mind if I stay do you? " 

Hyuk " Chincha noona! awesome!~ "
Serrah " No, please stay, the more the merrier ^^; " 

Well, at least I get to eat lunch with Hongbin, *sigh* ..but to have to eat the lunchbox I made for Hongbin right in front of him.. aish..>-<

- - Hongbin, Leo, Hyuk, Beautee and Serrah grab a spot in the top corner of the bleachers, and open their lunches.

                                                
                                                                     [ The 3-layer lunch made by Serrah's Mom]
                   PandaBento_main.jpg  Bento+10+-+small.JPG
                             [ The lunch Beautee made for Hongbin ]                      [ The lunch Beautee made for Hyuk ]

Hongbin " Woah! Serrah, your mom really prepared a LOT! "

Serrah " Just eat -.-  "  * Serrah stuffs a piece of kimbap in Hongbin's mouth * 

Okay, first the towel, now feeding Hongbin? This is the first time I'm seeing Serrah being so... active.. ?-

Hyuk " hahaha , so noona, what did you make for you lunch?- woah! its pandas! Noona how come you didn't make me any pandas? :<"

Right.. I totally made Hongbin's lunch box nicer than Hyuk's. Sorry Hyuk >_< But your lunch is super healthy!

Beautee " Hyuk, don't you have to train for soccer? I made you all sorts of stuff packed with nutrients! Don't complain or I'm not going to make you lunch anymore- "

Hyuk " I'm not complaining! I love noona's lunches the most ! Mashiso! "   *  Hyuk digs in to his fried rice *

ah..mian Hyuk .. Noona will make you a special lunch next time! >_<

Hongbin " Leo! try this! You made that sandwich yourself didn't you? Here have some of Serrah's Mom's lunch box! You too Beautee, Hyuk :D ! "

Hmm... I wonder how good Serrah's Mom's cooking is.   But no.. I've got my own lunch.. * sigh* what's the use.

* Leo takes a kimbap, and Hongbin puts a sandwich in Leo's free hand *

Hongbin " Got to fill up for practice! :) "

Serrah " Yeah, here, take  a custard. My mom only packed 2, but we've got plenty at home ^^; "   * Serrah's gives Leo one of the custard cups *

Serrah's talking to Leo? and giving him food?..what .. I was kind of under the impression that she was scared of him.. he does give off that scary look sometimes.  Now that I pay closer attention.. Serrah has been way more sociable, compared to the first day of school. Right now she could be a different person! .. I totally have to text Danielle about this later! 

 * Serrah continues to be friendly, giving Leo water and stuffing a tomato in Hongbin's mouth *

Yeah.. this is really weird. Hmm.. my girl senses are saying something's up.

Hongbin " Serrah, are you bored watching me practice? "

Serrah " Yes- I mean no, of course not ^^; I brought a book see? "  * Serrah holds up her book *

Beautee " Serrah, do you want to hang out with me today? "

Serrah " huh?! o_o? "

Hongbin " Beautee, you read my mind! Actually I was going to suggest that you two should go somewhere and have fun. It's boring to just sit here and watch .."

Boring? I don't think so.. I can stay here and watch all day. But I have some questions that need answers.

Serrah becomes suspicious " did you guys plan this?.. Hongbin +_+ "

Hongbin " Aniya! I had no idea Beautee was even coming today! I just thought you'd have more fun, have girl time or something..? "

Beautee " Yeah Serrah, let's leave the boys to their practice and hang out ^^! "

Serrah " uh.. but, I didn't even bring money, just my cell phone, bus pass and this heavy lunchbox-"

Hongbin " Oh, just leave the lunchbox ^^! I'll take it over to your house later :D oh- and just a sec "

* Hongbin runs to the boys locker room, but comes back in a minute *

Hongbin " Here! "  * Hongbin hands Serrah his wallet *  "Now I know exactly how much is in there! Just pay me back when I stop by your house today okay? ^^ "

Serrah " Hongbin..- "  * A sad expression flickers in Serrah's eyes *

hmm?..

Hyuk " Time to get back to Soccer Practice! Thanks for the Lunch Bea-noona, Serrah-noona ^_^! "   * Hyuk goes over to give Beautee a hug *

Beautee " Finished already? Have a good practice, don't hurt yourself! "

Hongbin " I guess you have to go too eh Leo? See you later! "

 * Leo nods and follows after Hyuk, back to the soccer field outside *


- - - - - Large Student Council Meeting Room

                                  conference_MP07127_web.jpg

You can hear the sounds of pages flipping, things being checked, things being crossed off, things being discussed..

N " Alright, that's enough work for today everyone! Thank you all for coming on such short notice! Let's tidy up and get out of here before we all go crazy! "

Sighs of relief come from every direction and the sounds of clattering chairs and cleaning up take over.

[ Danielle's POV ]

I lower my head on the table.. finally!  I've been here for 3 hours working.. I hate you eccentric Principle and School Board!!  Making us do all the paper work for their crazy decisions..aaAISH!


N " Thank you for the hard work Ms. Vice-President "

Danielle " I hate you .. "

I'm exhausted..

N " Oh! Is that Beautee walking out of the Athletics Building? What are they doing here? "

Danielle " Beautee? Where where?! "   * Danielle runs over to the window *  " Ooh, Let me call her !"

*ring ring ring ring*                                                                                 ( Danielle - Beautee )
 

Hey Beautee, it's Danielle~ Are you by any chance at school right now?

Danielle? Oh, how did you know?

N and I can see you from the Student Council floor, Who are you with?

I'm with Serrah, we're just gonna go hangout, want to join us? Girls day~!

That's Serrah?! Hangout? I'd love to! I've been cooped up here for 3 hours doing work, I need a break.

Okay! See you down here then?

Yep, I'll be there in 5 minutes!



- - - 5 minutes later

Danielle " So can we go to a cafe, I'm starving !"

Beautee " Sure, let's go! "
 

- - - - - - - - - - - Cafe Maynard's
                                                                        tumblr_mlpgifPPlV1rhbc3oo1_1280.jpg

Danielle " Oh, so that's why you guys were at school, bringing lunch boxes.. *sigh* I had to go to school because of paper work.. Serrah, so your mom is close with Hongbin?"  * Danielle takes another bite of her sandwich *

Beautee " Actually I'm curious about that too! plus I want to know what was up with you around Leo today ! "

Serrah " uh..well.. Hongbin's.. he's met my mom a few times. My mom likes being friends with everyone..and his family is the only one we know in the area so.. - "

Danielle " And what's this about Leo? Did you completely ignore him or something? that's nothing new "

Beautee " The exact opposite actually, she was like his maid, giving him food and stuff, come on Serrah.. what's up? "

Danielle " Serrah? talking to Leo.. ok, I'm curious "

Serrah looks like she's thinking about what to say " Well... "

- - - 5 minutes later

Beautee " OMG! so he.. he saved you from dying basically! "

Danielle " but wait.. he followed you all the way to your house to return your pencil case? Isn't that kinda weird .."

Beautee " but Danielle, he saved her life! so that's why you were being so nice to him! "

Danielle " and those Crown Heims that Ken had the other day were from you! Wow.. "

Serrah " Yeah.. Ken ate them so now I don't know what else to do to repay him *sigh* "

[Serrah's POV:   And the lion stuffed animal I got him is totally useless too.. but they don't need to know about it. ]

Beautee " Just say 'thank you' ! He's probably not expecting anything big in return anyways~ "

Danielle " Yeah.. It's not like you can save his life any time soon too.. "

Beautee " Why don't you try winning one of the prizes in the Sports Festival! Just sign up for everything so you have a better chance of getting into at least 1 event! :D "

Danielle " Yeah! that's a great idea! "

Serrah " but.. "

Beautee " You can train with us! and the class, when they tell us which events we're in ! We'll help you! "

Danielle " They should announce the players either on Monday or Tuesday! so let's decide then ^^! "

Serrah " ..okay.. I'll try ^^; "

Beautee " That's the spirit! A toast! For the Sports Festival! "

Beautee, Danielle and Serrah toast their beverages and spend the day window shopping and talking about the Sports Festival!~


- - - - - - - - Serrah's House !

                                              Crescent Road House 1 Crescent Road House: Downtown Toronto sports a modern delight!

[Serrah's POV ]

*sigh* Home at last.. my feet are so tired.  ..water water  * Serrah goes into the kitchen for a glass of water *

*gulp gulp gulp haa*   Yeap, that hits the spot, more water * gulp gulp chek- *    

* Serrah almost chokes on the water- Hongbin and Leo are just sitting and staring at Serrah drinking water from the living room ! *

Serrah " yah!.. kapchagya! you scared me! wha-what are you two doing here?!?! "

aaah, I almost forgot, Hongbin had to bring the lunchbox back and he gave me his wallet.. it's not like i used a lot of his money ... but WHY IS LEO HERE???!

Serrah's Mom " Welcome home honey~ "   * Serrah's Mom gives Serrah a hug *  " Hongbin is here and he brought a friend~ "

Serrah " Yes mom.. I can tell "      Hongbin why are you doing this to me.. just let me end my day peacefully >_

Serrah's mom hands her a tray of snacks and juice " Here Serrah, go serve them some snacks ^-^~ It's been a while since you had guests~"   My mom really likes Hongbin .. 'so handsome', 'so nice', 'such a good boy' ...blah blah blah.. she talks about him non-stop! She must be really happy that Hongbin is around since it gives her an excuse to force me out of the house.. *siigh*  

* Serrah takes the tray of snacks over to the living room couches tossing Hongbin's wallet over the table *  

Serrah " Here, I'll pay you back on Monday "

* Serrah takes a quick glance over to Leo *

* Leo is looking around quietly *

Serrah puts the tray in front of Leo " uh... do you want some cookies? "    * Serrah sends a death stare over to Hongbin *

* Hongbin just shrugs his shoulders, and innocently eats a cookie*

If Leo wasn't here I would bury Hongbin.. first the lunch box thing with my mom, then he makes me go shopping and now he brings Leo to my house.. why is he so persistant...?!

* Leo takes a cookie, but something else catches his eye *

Hmm.. what's he looking at.. * Serrah turns her head to see Zure the cat, coming out of one of the rooms *

" Zure! What were you doing in there? Sorry guys, just a sec ^^; "    * Serrah takes Zure quickly up to her room *

I already gave Hongbin's wallet back.. what do I do now.. do I just kick them out? ..ah... 
but mom would get mad at me for not treating them properly.. ahh...>.<

* Serrah comes back to the living room *


Serrah's Mom " This is when Serrah was in her old track team, she was a fast little runner, very light on her feet! And this is when she won her first gold for long- "

Serrah " Mom! what are you doing?! "     OMG.. old photo albums.. I almost forgot we had those!

Serrah's Mom " Hongbin told me your sports festival was coming up, so I just wanted to show them your pictures ^^; "

Serrah " They can look at them another time okay? Aren't you guys tired from practice?! Here, why don't I walk you to the door! I'm sure you guys want to get home and rest as soon as possible right? "

* Hongbin is about to protest but Serrah stuffs a cookie in his mouth and pushes the 2 out the door *

Serrah " Okay, bye guys, get home safely okay, night ! "

* Slam!  - Serrah shuts the door *

Oh crap.. I just threw them out of the house... oh my god, what is wrong with me.. but why did Hongbin even bring Leo..  Mom is going to have a field day with this..

Serrah's Mom " Serrah, they were waiting for you, I don't think it was nic- "

Serrah " Don't worry mom, they must be sooo tired from practice! It would have been rude to keep them here for too long! "

* Serrah runs up to her room before Mom can say another word *
                                                      simple bedroom
ottokaji?.. just a peek out the window.. they're not mad right??   * Serrah slowly looks out the window *

* Hongbin is laughing and patting Leo on the back *

phew.. doesn't look like they're mad. Actually..Hongbin is laughing! aaah.. I'm exhausted.. where's Zure? ah there she is.

" Come here Zure "
 * Serrah picks Zure up and starts petting her *

such a tiring day.. I'm going to sleep in all day tomorrow!


- - - outside

Hongbin laughs and talks to Leo  " Cute isn't she? Her mom planned the lunch box thing with me yesterday x) Sorry for dragging you around, Serrah's just ..shy.. around ..strangers or new people. She has to get used to you first, and when she does she isn't afraid to yell ^^;. Actually she seemed to be ok with Danielle and Beautee, I don't know what they did, but I'm going to try and form an alliance with those 2! You can join us, we'll call it the " Get Serrah Back To Her Old Self Team ! "  ...too long? hahahaha "




- - - - - - - - - flashback
 

a girl is standing at the exit of a school, looking out as the rain falls down, not wanting to get rained on
 
a boy exits the school and sees its raining. if he runs he can probably get to the bus stop alright
 
the boy notices the girl with no umbrella, waiting under the shade of the school
 
the boy removes his varsity jacket and gives it to the girl

the girl is surprised, where did he come from!? before she can say anything
 
the boy looks urgently at his watch, puts his bag over his head and runs into the rain





the end of Sports Festival : Training Days 1
 

 


authors note :

due to a lot of plot changes while i was writing this chapter, chapter 5 will now be split into 2 chapters ^^;  There are a few things i want to build up before the official start of the Sports Festival ~ There were quite a lot of new locations pictures and a slight change in format as well~  

also I want to do a small introduction for my new editor UydanielleA ^o^~ she'll be going back into the chapters fixing spelling and grammar here and there ~

What did you think of this chapter? do you like this sort of format? too many pictures? not enough? comment comment comment~

- tiranical

editor's note: 

Hello! This is uydanielleA (: I see that the author has introduced me already judging from her note from above. I also see that she's already made it a point to tell you that I will be going back and editing a few spelling and grammar mistakes ... Damnit. Now I feel obliged to do it. Maybe. Or maybe not. If there are still spelling mistakes, it's probably because I missed it while editing or I was too lazy to go back and edit.

That being said ... HELLO READERS :3 I hope you enjoy this fanfic! I also hope that you are able to connect with at least one of the main girl characters ... or the antagonists like Daisy. HAPPPY READDDINGGGGG :D