Ray

Blockbuster

Ray felt her body move against the beat like water. Youngjae was on his toes matching her every movement as they swayed to the music the DJ was spinning. He felt Daehyun's glare burn through his back as he continued to dance with Ray.

"Ray-ah!" she turned her doe eyes waiting for him to say something, "Let's go back to the booth!"

"I don't know if Miss Goodie Toshoes over there wants me to sit with you guys..."

"I want you to sit with us," Youngjae said. Ray stopped dancing and gave Youngjae a questioning look. Youngjae leaned in whispering, "I'm sure Daehyun wants you to sit with us."

Ray felt something inside her churn, but she pushed the feeling aside. Youngjae grabbed her hand and lead her towards the booth, Daehyun watched as Youngjae pulled Ray into the booth. He felt his heart speed up and his fists clench together as he saw their hands clasped together.

"Hey Ray is going to sit with us," said Youngjae looking only at Daehyun.

"Why?" spat Yumi as she crossed her arms.

"Because I am great company," retorted Ray as she picked up a drink from the table letting the liquid flow down heating up her insides. She moved from one drink to the next quickly emptying every glass at the table; Daehyun was catching up to her ordering shot after shot feeling his head spin every now and then. 

"Jaiga, you should stop," Yumi said as she looked at him with worried eyes.

"You're so ing naggy," slurred Ray as she took another shot. Yumi glared at her opening to respond when a voice cut her off.

"RAY!"

The group turned around to see L.Joe with Ricky, Chunji, and Changjo. Ray downed her shot before standing up and walking to L.Joe wrapping her arms around him and placing her lips on his. 

"I didn't know you were going to be here," said L.Joe as he pulled her closer.

"Me neither," Ray said as she pulled him into the booth. Daehyun watched as L.Joe ran his hands up and down Ray's legs. His hand clenched around his glass making his knuckles turn white. Her slammed his glass on the table and stood up immediately causing everyone to look at him confused.

"Come on Yumi let's dance," Daehyun said as he grabbed her hand and dragged her to the dancefloor.

L.Joe looked at Youngjae furrowing his eyebrows, "What's up with him?"

"Molla," Youngjae shrugged. He looked in Daehyun's direction with a worried expression knowing what was really running through his mind.

------------------------

Ray left the club in a daze stumbling her way through the streets og Hong-dae.

"Ray!" She turned to see Daehyun running towards her.

"Hmmmmmm?" she mused peering at him through her puffy eyes.

"Let me walk you home."

"Waeeee~"

"Because you're drunk."

"I'm not the only onnneee~" she pinched his cheeks giggling a bit." Ray spun around hitting a trashcan causing it to fall over. Daehyun quickly grabbed her arm and pulled her to him before she could fall.

Ray opened her eyes their noses barely touching, she pursed her lips, "Shouldn't you be walking your girlfriend home?" She quickly pushed him off of her and tried to regain her balance, she swayed in place for a few seconds before convincing herself that she could continue on.

"Yah! And shouldn't L.Joe be walking you home?"

"He isn't my boyfriend, he doesn't have that obligation." Ray kept walking leaning towards one way every so often.

Daehyun walked at a faster pace in order to catch up, "Why are you so stubborn?"

"I'm pretty sure if your little saw us she wouldn't be too happy."

"Yumi trusts me."

"But do you trust yourself?" Ray pinned Daehyun to a wall and leaned in close staring deeply into his eyes. She studied every feature of his face until her eyes landed on his lips. He felt himself being drawn to her, she her lips leaning in slowly before smirking, "If I were her I wouldn't trust you."

She stepped back quickly and kept walking down the street. Daehyun opened his mouth feeling his throat dry out, he blinked a few times regaining his conciousness before catching up to Ray once more. The two continued in silence, after a while Ray stopped violently yanking off her heels. She sighed in relief as her bare feet touched the pavement.

"Soooo are you and L.Joe together?"

"We ed once, that's it," said Ray looking ahead, "why do you care so much?"

"I am just asking."

"Asking means you care."

"Not-"

"Just drop it. Do yourself a favor and forget about it."

Daehyun grabbed Ray's wrist making her face him, "I just don't want you to get hurt."

Ray glared at him, "Who says I am going to get hurt?"

"L.Joe, he uh he isn't the best guy."

"And how would you know have you ed him too?"

"Ray he's-"

"He's what? Are you going to tell me he is like every other guy out there? All those stupid cliches that he doesn't really care for me? Daehyun does it look like I give a ?"

"I don't want you to get hurt in the end."

She yanked her wrist away from him,"No one hurts me."

Daehyun stood in the street and watched as she walked away rushing in the direction of her house.

---------------

Ray felt light headed as she entered her house quietly. She tip toed her way up to her room and shut the door behind her with a sigh of relief.

"It's a little late don't you think?" 

Ray jumped scared and quickly flicked on her lights to reveal her stepfather sitting comfortably on her bed. 

"Get out of my room," said Ray through clenched teeth. 

Chinho stood up towering over Ray,"You shouldn't be out this late, a pretty girl like you." He traced the shape of her face with his index finger.

Disgusted by his gesture Ray pushed his hand away, "You're sick." She moved to walk away from him when he pushed he up against the wall.

"I feel perfectly fine though." He leaned in, his lips almost touching Ray's when she spat on him.

"You sicken me, what would my mother-"

Chinho placed his hand around her neck as he shoved his other hand down Ray's dress. She squirmed trying to get him off, but the hand around tightened. Chinho smirked as he pulled out the little plastic bag filled with white powder.

"Tsk tsk tsk, your mother won't say anything when I tell her about your little drug problem. Where exactly did you get this? From one of the guys you sleep with?" Ray remained silent biting the inside of her cheek tasting blood. "You won't talk? That's a shocker." He leaned in his breath tickling her ear, "But don't worry I'll make you scream later." Chinho released his hold on Ray and threw her to the ground. He left her room placing the white powder in his pant pocket. 

Ray picked herself up ad closed her bedroom door once more tears welling up in her eyes. She grabbed sections of her hair supressing her screams as she sank to the floor once again curling into a ball trying to hold in the pain. Her breath was cut into short pants as she felt the tears soak her cheeks her mind felt like smoke, empty and dismal.