Ray and Daehyun

Blockbuster

"Ray, wake up! You have school!" 

Her lights flickered on and off as she placed a pillow over her head trying to return to the dream she was having. She felt the covers being stripped from her leaving her body exposed to the cold morning air.

"What the ?" Ray spat.

"Up now, your uniform is on your desk." Her mother informed her before leaving the room. 

Ray sat up shaking her head trying to maintain alertness. She walked over to the desk and held up the uniform. The maroon skirt was long and would surely go past her knees. Ray set is aside and picked up the the white button up shirt with the grey v-neck sweater the crest showing a cherry blossom tree branch. 

"What is this, some kind of Sunday school?" Ray said to herself. 

Ray set the uniform aside and picked up her laced nylon knee highs slipping them onto her legs. Ray took a pair of scissors from the drawer and measured the skirt up to her waist she tilted her head as she measured how much material she would cut off. Ray set the skirt down once more on the desk and in one swift movement cut the fabric off. Ray slipped on the skirt content with it's mid-thigh length. Ray quickly buttoned up her white shirt halfway and threw on the v-neck sweater, rushing down stairs Ray grabbed her leather jacket instead of her uniform jacket. 

While slipping on her Doc Marten's Ray's mother looked at her up and down before telling her, "You can't wear your uniform like that."

Ray rushed to the door opening it and shouting to her mother, "I don't ing care!"

Slamming the door Ray silently made her way towards the bus stop. As Ray sauntered through the streets she earned disapproving looks from shopkeepers and workers on their way to the metro station. Ray smirked to herself knowing her slight alteration to the uniform would send some people off their rockers. 

Ray hopped on the bus and she noticed some students with the same uniform as her. Female students glared at her disapprovingly, but when Ray met their gaz they quickly looked away and whispered to each other. 

Ray rolled her eyes at their reaction, she pulled out her earphones and popped them in trying to block all the gossip that was surrounding her. The bus stopped as more students loaded on, and as more people boarded Ray recieved more stares. The male population looked over Ray as if she were a piece of meat, their eyes examining every curve of her body. Every now and then Ray would hear a faint, "Damn, she is hot for a foreigner," or "Is SHE the new foreign student?" Ray would turn to the guys every now and then and look them up and down smirking, making their faces turn red. The bus finally halted at its last stop, Ray took a deep breath and stepped off the bus, wandering eyes following her every step.

Across the yard Daehyun waited at the entrance of the school silently lisenting to his music. He bobbed his head to the beat when Youngjae came rushing to him.

"Yah! Jung Daehyun! YAH! LISTEN," he waved his hands frantically in Daehyun's face. 

"Bwo?!" said Daehyun annoyed.

"Did you see her?"

Daehyun looked at Youngjae confused, "See who?"

Youngjae rolled his eyes, "The new foreign student that everyone has been talking about!"

Daehyun shook his head and and watched as Youngjae scanned through the crowd of students frantically. Youngjae's eyes halted on an individual in the crowd, he lifted his hand pointing ahead of him, "Her."

Daehyun followed his gaze until it landed on a girl with long curly hair, her curves matching with her stride in every way. The way her curls bounced reminded Daehyun of someone he had met before. "I know her...." Daehyun thought aloud.

"BWO?!" asked Younjae, "You know HER? How?!" 

Daehyun watched as students around her stared and whispered as she passed by. "Last night, we bumped into each other," Daehyun responded mindlessly as Ray slowly passed by.

She stopped in front of Daehyun and Youngjae meeting her gaze with theirs, "Do you know where I can find the main office?" Ray asked in English as she looked at Youngjae.

Youngjae opened his mouth to respond, but his mouth went dry. Ray crossed her arms in annoyance, "No?" She turned to Daehyun looking him over before meeting his gaze, "I know you from somewhere..."

Daehyun cleared his throat, "Uh, last night," he stuttered in broken English.

Ray clapped her hand on Daehyun's shoulder smirking, "Ah! That's it!" There was a moment of silence before she asked again stepping closure to Daehyun this time, "So can you show me?" 

Daehyun could feel her breath on his lips, he stood there dumbfounded trying to comprehend her English. Ray raised her eyebrow impatiently waiting, she chuckled to herself before she turned and walked into the school.

Daehyun felt a sharp pain in the back of his head as Youngjae's hand made contact. "YAH! What do you think you're doing?!" shouted Youngjae.

"I...I..," stuttered Daehyun.

"Aish, sometimes I wonder how you got Yumi, Jung Daehyun." Daehyun hung his head and followed Youngjae into the school.

Yumi? Oh, Kwon Yumi my 'girlfriend' right. 

Youngjae and Daehyun walked into their class and took their seats. Eager to find out more Youngjae turned towards Daehyun, "Soooo, you met her last night?"

Daehyun shrugged, "I was on my way home from Yumi's when I bumped into her."

"Well you must have left an impression," responded Youngjae as he wiggled his eyebrows.

Daehyun was about to respond when the teacher walked in demanding the class's attention, "Yah pay attention. Today we have a new student joining us."

The whole class broke out in whispers; the girls wishing for a new attractive guy and the guys hoping for a new thing to look at. The teacher tapped her pen on the desk gathering the attention of the class once more. The teacher motioned the new student to come into the classroom. Ray stepped into the classing feeling everyone's stares shift from the teacher to her. Whispers broke out in the room once more, Ray scanned the room as she watched guys look at her lustfully. 

"Introduce yourself," the teacher instructed Ray in English.

"Anneyonghaseo, I'm Ray. Please treat me well." The class sat in shock as they listened to her speak in perfect Korean.

"Thank you Ray, now you can take the seat next to L.Joe in the corner." 

Ray removed the smile from her face as she met eyes with L. Joe. He leaned forward in his seat smiling slyly at her. Ray looked down and smirked, This is going to be fun. 

Ray began her way down the desks when the teacher called to her, "Oh and Ray. Please wear your uniform correctly tomorrow." Ray bowed to the teacher and continued onto her seat dragging her hand over the desks she passed by causing the guys in the class to lean in closer, but she fixated her stare on L. Joe. 

Daehyun shifted uncomfortably in his seat as he watched the silent interaction between L. Joe and Ray. Ray finally took her seat flipping her curly hair to one side showing off her bare neck. L. Joe stared his lips as Ray looked at him through hooded eyes, she smirked before focusing her attention on the teacher once more.

-----

"Okay, go ahead and take a break," the teacher said as she gathered her materials and left for her office. Students turned to each other gossiping about Ray or talking about the latest drama. 

"Aish! Jung Daehyun!" Youngjae said as he slammed his hand on Daehyun's desk getting his attention. Daehyun blinked and peered at Youngjae, Youngjae nodded to Ray, "You have been staring at the new girl the whole lecture. Is someone forgetting about Yumi?"

Daehyun sighed, he loved Yumi they had been together for the past three years. Their relationship was normal, no big deal really. Daehyun never had to deal with any drama and they treated each other well. That was how it was supposed to be, right?

"I don't blame you though, she's hot..." Youngjae said as he examined Ray. Ray felt a pair of eyes on her and met Youngjae's eyes and winked at him. In an instant Youngjae averted his gaze as blood rushed to his cheeks. 

Ray smiled to herself as she grabbed her bag and rummaged for her lighter and cigarettes. She quickly put them in her pocket making sure no one saw and stood up from her seat leaving the classroom. 

I wonder where she is going...aish Daehyun, Daehyun shook his head trying to rid himself of thoughts about Ray. Daehyun watched as L. Joe stood up from his seat and followed Ray out of the classroom.

"Great, now L. Joe is moving in on her," muttered Youngjae.

"She doesn't seem like the type to be played with though," responded Daehyun.

Youngjae opened the book in front of him and skimmed it before replying to Daehyun, "Well, let's hope he doesn't cheat her out like all the others." 

Daehyun watched the door of the classroom hoping Ray would return any second. She can't like a guy like L. Joe.

 

 

 

Author's Note: Thank you for those who are reading! I will be updating soon I already have some of the next chapter written out, so please anticipate it! Thank you for supporting me!