Ray & Yongguk

Blockbuster

Ray woke up to the smell of pancakes, pulling the covers off she dragged her body into the kitchen. The carpet hugging her toes Ray was to groggy to notice the couch, stubbing her toe in the process.

"!" she screamed sitting down at the kitchen table and inspecting her pinky toe, which was already swelling.

"Here, looks like you need this," a tall man with a deep voice appeared in front of Ray. She took the first aid kit from him and began to wrap her toe. "Youngjae was right, she is rude," the man mumbled to himself.

Ray shut the first aid kit and glared at the man who was muttering to himslef, "You know I can understand you, right?" The man simply shrugged his shoulders as he continued to cook over the stove. Ray picked up the first aid kid and placed it next to the sink.

"Thanks," she muttered.

The man gave her a curt nod as he placed a full plate of pancakes on the kitchen table, "You must be hungry."

Ray shook her head, "No I'm okay." Reaching into her bag she pulled out a blunt and placed it between her lips while she searched her bag for a lighter.

The man quickly went and took the blunt from her and threw it down the kitchen drain, "My name is Yongguk, I'm Youngjae's brother. Oh and none of that is allowed in the house." Ray rolled her eyes in response. "You know it's for your own good."

"Whatever."

"As for a job. I've already found a place for you. Youngjae says that you like to go to clubs." Ray nodded. "Well, I have a friend who needs help with his club, and he was nice enough to hire you as a waitress." 

Ray felt her eyes roll once more, "You know I can find my own job."

"I would rather find you a job instead of finding you on the streets selling drugs."

"You really think that low of me?" Ray shot back.

"No, but my first impression of you isn't a clean one."

Youngjae emerged from his room with a swollenface and disoriented eyes. "Oh hyung," he bowed to his brother as he took a seat at the table and began to serve himself pancakes. "Morning Ray," he said with a full mouth.

"Yeah, morning," replied Ray as she reached for an empty plate and began to serve herself.

"Youngjae, don't forget." At his brother's statement Youngjae immediately stood up and went to the cabinet pulling out a bottle of pills, he took three pills and swallowed them down. Ray grew curious and was about to ask when Yonggul cut her off, "Don't even think about it, the last thing I need is for you to sell his medication."

"Hyung she won't."

"I was just-"

"Don't worry about it Ray, they are just vitamins that help make my bones stronger," Youngjae quickly said trying to drop the subject. Yongguk sent a look to Youngjae, which Ray chose to ignore.

"Hurry up and finish ating I have to take Ray to the club today to et her new boss!" Yongguk said as he clapped his hands together.

After breakfast Youngjae went to work and Ray and Yongguk found themselves in the streets of Itaewon. The streets weren't as crowded as they were at night. The pari walked up to a neon sigh that read "1004" and began their decent into the underground club.

"I'm sorry we don't open until six- OH Youngguk!" A man with a sharp nose and a strong jawline turned to them and went straight to Yongguk pulling him into a brotherly hug. "What brings you here?"

Yongguk stepped aside to reveal Ray who was lookig around the club. "I hae our new waitress ready to start tonight."

The man circled her and then returned to Yongguk whispering, "Can she even speak Korean?"

"I can understand you." Ray said giving him a cold glare.

"She has a mouth on her," warned Yongguk.

Extending his hand to her the man bowed and said, "Hello, my name is Himchan and I'm the owner of 1004."

"Like I couldn't tell." Ray turned away from him and rolled her eyes as she picked up an apron that was laying across a bar stool and tied it around her waist. 

"Ray he's your boss," said Yongguk with a warning tone.

"Your point, I used to be a waitress in the States. I know what I am doing."

Himchan went towards her and leaned against the bar, "You start tonight, so be ready we get pretty busy."

"Whatever."

Himchan turned and went back to Yongguk as they began discussing other matters. Ray could hear faint whispers of, "Is he doing better?" and  "Has it gotten worse?" but she chose to avoid their conversation; it wasn't any of her business anyways. She sat down on one of the couces and buried her face into her hands taking a deep breath. "You've really gotten yourself into some sit this time haven't you Ray?"

 

AN:

Hey guys I am so sorry that I have been MIA recently. I had exams and since I am transferring Universities school has been the main priority. But I promise now that I am on summer break I will be updating more often, and when I am not working I will be working on other upcoming fics! So look out! Once again thank you for supporting me and my story!