Chapter 7 Part 2

[PG-13] LIFE

Chapter 7 part 2

As we were walking back to dorm, we talked a lot. Jong Hyun was the first guy that I’ve really spoke to a lot among the other SHINee members. We exchanged topics including our dirty little secrets to increase our level of intimacy. We gossiped and talked everything under the sky and moon, the sea and sun. But we talked more about his singer career and I told him a little about my past, why I’m here. 

As we walked into the dorm, we were laughing hard at a old lame joke of his, how he embarrassed himself on the stage during Inkigayo performance. The boys were staring at us blankly, thinking why both of us were so close all of sudden. 

‘You are back? Are you okay?’ Tae Min ran towards me, pulled me off from Jong Hyun hand as my right hand was on top of his shoulder, helping me to walk easily.

‘Did he do anything to you? Did he took advantage on you? Tae Min asked.

‘Huh? What are you talking about?’ I asked Tae Min, thinking curiously.

‘Ya… You better be careful your words Tae Min!’ Jong Hyun warned. 

‘You don’t know? Jong Hyun hyung is a F- ‘ Before Tae Min finished his words, Jong Hyun ran to him and covered his mouth.

‘Let me finish for you!’ Min Ho suddenly joined the conversation. ‘Jong Hyun is a huge FLIRT! HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH!’ Everyone in the room burst out into laughter.

‘Yaaaa !!!’ Jong Hyun shouted, sound irritated after the boys make fun of him.

He came to me and put his hands over my shoulder, ‘ya! Don’t spoil my friendship with my new best friend okay? She is my new best friend!’, then he used two of his fingers and touch my chin.

I chuckled happily. 

‘Best friends?’ The other four boys looked at us. 

‘Anni anni. I’m not gonna let you to go near Jong Hyun Hyung’. Once again, Tae Min was being over exaggerated and pushed his hands off my shoulder. 

‘Yaaaaa!! You.. you.. you… better watch out you little mushroom head!’

‘ahahaa.. Min Ho oppa, you are back?’
 I asked, looking at Min Ho.

‘Yup. Just finish recording and back home.’ He replied. 

‘Wait… What did you just call him?’ Tae Min asked.

Errrrrrr…. Min Ho oppa?’ 

‘Then what about me?
’ Tae Min asked.

‘Tae Min oppa.’

‘Omg.. She called me Tae Min oppa! I’m so happy! Hahaha.’ 
Tae Min was jumping up and down with joy like a small kindergarten kid after being praised by their teacher. 

‘Wow ! Hyung, you really changed this rebellious kid to another girl just within 2 hours. Great job!’ Key came out and padded on Jong Hyun’s shoulder.

‘Rebellious kid? Me?’

‘Yes. You are. Admit it!!’ 

‘What??’


Both of us started bickering while all of them started laughing. 


‘Okay okay.. Playing time is over. Let’s get work done.’ An unfamiliar voice was heard. A man dressed in a dark blue polo t-shirt paired with a jeans was sitting on the sofa. He was buff and tall, with wide but sharp nose, double eye lid with hazel eye ball with his hair spike on. I didn’t know SHINee is a band of 6 person, I thought. 

‘Bianhe Hyung. Jae Yung, meet our manager, Kim Soo Joon. This is Jae Yung.’ Onew introduced me to him. I bowed.

‘Okay. The reason why we are having a meeting now is because of all these pictures were up on the net. We need to know what happened previously. Netizens are making such a big fuss now, saying that Key is bullying a fan by the road side and made her cry. Is it true?’ The manager asked.

The truth was not the same like what was assumed by the netizens. Both Key and I told the truth of what happened the other day. 

‘Hmmm……. Why not let just released the news about Min Ho and Jae Yung are cousins?’ manager continued.

‘Huh? What do you mean by releasing news about Jae Yung and I are cousins?’ Min Ho asked.

‘Crazy! If netizens found out that we are lying, we are really doomed.’ Key voiced out.

‘I doubt that all of you know don’t know something including both of you (referring to Min Ho and I). Min Ho and Jae Yung are really cousins. But they are just very far related cousins which both their families are not much connected.’

‘What?’ 
Six pairs of eyes looked at the manager. 

‘And your parent owns a very big firm in Gwangju and you ran away from home after your brother’s death, right? Your parents are finding for you. I guess we need to send you back.’ Manager continued.

‘What??’ Onew, Key and Tae Min were shocked after listening to my background story while Min Ho and Jong Hyun actually knew a little background of mine.

‘You did an investigation on me?’

‘It is a courtesy for me to do so.’

‘I don’t want to go back! Please do not bring me back. Pleasee!!’ 
I was begging. I didn’t want to go back because I was afraid to see my parents again.

‘Sorry. We can’t do that.’

‘If you insist to bring me back to my parents, I will run away. I promise you that I will run away.
’ I stood up with a little high tone.

‘Then what do you want to do here? You can’t be following the boys in your whole life.’

‘I don’t know. I just don’t want to go home.’ 


There was complete silence. Noone dare to say anything. Once I said that I don’t want to go home, I really mean it.

‘Why not we put Jae Jung into the next SM Audition?’ Jong Hyun broke the silence.

‘Hyung, stop talking nonsense, okay? This is not a time to joke around.’ Min Ho was serious.

‘I’m not talking nonsense. Since she so young and she cannot find a job, why not just put her in some training? She has years of dancing experience. And she loves singing. She is not even interested in studies. There’s no point sending her back and let her to do something that she doesn’t like, right??’ Jong Hyun explained.

‘But this is very inappropriate, you know?’ Onew joined the conversation.

‘If we haven’t tried, we will not know. So why not give it a shot? Who knows she will be the next Lee Hyo Ri-shii or BoA-shhi right??’

‘She is only 15 (Korea age is 16) now. She goes audition and IF she gets in, she will go under training for 2 years. By the time, she come out or debut as a singer, she is only 17. All she has is time!’ 
Jong Hyun continued. 

All of them kept quiet, thinking at the suggestion that Jong Hyun said.

Jong Hyun turned around and asked me, ‘Do you want to give it a shot? Or do you want to go back home? But this road is not easy. Once you start, you cannot stop as you like.’

I just kept quiet. I really did not know what to say that moment. Everything just happened suddenly. I think to use my brain to digest everything.

Suddenly, Tae Min stood up. ‘I agree with Hyung. I don’t want you to leave. I will be helping you. I’ll teach you how to dance. Jong Hyun Hyung will help right?’

‘Yes. I’ll teach you with singing. I’m the most powerful vocalist in SHINee. I believe in you. You can do it well.’ 
Jong Hyun continued.

‘Yup! I can teach you how to rap too! I’m the rapper. I believe in you too! I’ll support you, my far far far FAR related cousin!’ Min Ho tapped my shoulder and gave me a wide smile.

‘Since three of you agree, as the leader, I will help too. I will teach you with voice too. I have a sweet, sweet voice that can melt many girls out there. Not to forget, I’m the handsome plus capable leader! Hehehe.’ Onew and his never ending self praise.

All of us looked at Key because he kept didn’t say anything. The boys were expecting him to say some encouragement words to me. 

‘Ya.. Don’t look at me like that. Okay fine, I’ll help. I can rap, I can dance, I can sing. I can play music instruments. I’m also the KING of girl group dance! But if you want anything else besides that I can help you to solve because I’m the almighty KEY!’

‘A key that can do anything and solve everything.’ 
The four boys . 

‘But wait, I tot the application had closed already? The audition is in two weeks time right?’ Onew voiced out. 

‘Errrrr.. If she agrees to go for the audition, leave the rest to me.’

‘We believe in you. And believe in us. We know that you can do it.
’ Onew said.

Everyone looked at me with high expectation, waiting for my answer to say a yes after listening all their offers and words of encouragement. I was touched with their words. I was looking into their eyes, getting assurance from them again that I can do it. Everyone nodded their head and I nodded in the end! 

‘Okies. So, now I need Min Ho to write a message on SM homepage, stating that the girl is your cousin and she lost herself in the city. Key went all over places and found her. Key, I need you to post an apology message on SM homepage, arrasso?’

‘Yes sir! Note taken’ 
Min Ho and Key replied.

This is a road not taken. A road that I do not know what my future will be. A road that I’ve not tried or think before in my life. A road that I do not know will lead me to what in my future. This is not an easy life or an easy task.

‘But first, we need to do something to your look. Hyung, call our secret agent now.’ 


- END OF CHAPTER 7 PART 2-