Chapter 9 Part 1

[PG-13] LIFE

Chapter 9 part 1

I ran out the dorm, went up the rooftop. The sky was gloomy and dark, reflecting my current feeling. The sky seems to know my disappointed, sad and broken heart. Everything seems so blur, hazy and dim to me. The sky hinted me that there was going to be a heavy downpour soon. Claps of thunder trying to tell me to get out from that place. But the next second, it started to rain cats and dogs. Thunder kept roaring loudly in aggravation. 

I dropped on my knees, crying like a woman that just lost their child just in one night. I asked God, why is He being so cruel to me? He had taken my brother away and now He took the last thing that my brother gave me. WHAT ELSE DO YOU WANT????, I shouted in frustration. The rain got heavier, answering my question in annoyed manner. Rainwater ran though from my head till my last toe, washing my all tears, making it was hard to differentiate whether it was my tears or rain water. 

A pair of legs stood right in front of me when I looking down on the floor. He was in jeans and sneakers. He squad down and looked at me, padding my back to comfort me. The person was Tae Min. He sat next to me, grabbing my shoulder and placed my head on his shoulder. He was soaked with rainwater, flattened his hair that was spiked up before he was suppose to go out.

Cry. Just cry. You will feel better after crying.’


Tae Min’s POV

When I rushed up, she had already knelt down, crying badly. I’ve never seen her crying so badly before. She was heartbroken. She was sad. Every tear that dropped down from her eyes was like a cut to me inside my heart. At that moment, I wanted to tell her that I will not let her cry anymore in the future. I wanted to tell her that I will not let anyone to bully her anymore. I wanted to tell her to pass her life to me, I will take care of the rest.

A mix feeling hits me. I wish this moment could freeze forever, I’m by her side and her head is lying on my shoulder. But I hate myself. I hate that my stupid selfish attitude of mine. I hate the fact that I have this idiotic thought in my mind now when she is sad, crying badly. I knew that this will only happen if she is sad and heartbroken unless she is mine. But I still hope that she will be by my side like how she is lying on my shoulder in the future, but definitely not with this feeling. 


We sat there for 20 minutes. The heavy downpour was just left with little drizzles and sun started to appear in the middle of dark sky, pushing the gloomy clouds away. She dozed off after crying for quite some time. Is time for us to go back, I thought.

I carried her up gently; make sure that she didn’t wake up from her sleep. I looked at the sky and noted that there is a beautiful rainbow formed after the rain.

‘Tomorrow will be a better day.’ I put a smile on my face, blissfully.

I carried her back to my room, putting her on my bed. 

‘Is she okay?’ Jong Hyun came in suddenly.

I put a finger on lips, trying to tell him to keep quiet and shooed him out from the room. When Jong Hyun went off, I make sure that everything was okay before I left. Unknowingly, I gave a soft kiss on her forehead before I wanted to leave but I could feel the heat on her forehead. It was hot. I ran towards to kitchen to get some medicine and water. She must have caught some cold.

‘Wae?’ Jong Hyun asked.

‘I think Jae Yung caught on a fever. I’m getting her medicine.’ 

I went into her room; she was sleeping silently like a pretty baby. Jong Hyun and Key that were inside the house rushed into the room. 

‘Ask her to change to dry clothes. She can’t be in her wet clothes.’ Key told me while he went over to Jae Yung’s cupboard to take her clothes out.

I nudge her softly but there was no answer at all. She continued sleeping peacefully. I’ve never seen her pale white face before. Three of us began to gather around the bed, trying not to think unnecessary things to worsen the situation. I lifted her up from the bed with all my strength, knowing that she did not put any energy to push herself up to seat on the bed. And, her left hand slipped down helplessly, with a deep cut and blood had not stopped flowing yet. 

I began to give her a heavier shake, patting her face and calling ‘ Jae Yung-a, Jae Yung-a’, but there was no response at all. Three of us looked at each other blankly. 

‘Send her to hospital now.’ Key commanded. 


We rushed her to our private doctor to examine her. She was sent to Emergency Room. Before we left, Key wrapped her wound with bandage to stop from bleeding. Onew and Min Ho rushed over once they knew about this news. All of us are waiting anxiously outside the waiting room. 

Silence. It was complete silence. Five of us were standing outside the emergency room, waiting anxiously for emergency room light to turn off. I hate the feeling of waiting outside emergency room. I hate to recall how I waited outside the surgery room when my mother was inside, doing a tumor surgery when I was 7 years old. I was afraid to lose someone that I care, someone that I love. But the only thing that I could do was just waiting patiently outside. Every minute that spent outside waiting equivalent an hour for me. ‘She will be okay. She will be fine. She MUST be fine!’ I mumbled.

After 15 minutes, 

‘Is she okay Min Joo noona?’ I asked. 

‘Yes. She fainted when was brought into the hospital. There is nothing much now. She is just having fever.’

‘Really? Do she need to admit into the hospital?’

‘Nahh.. She can go back now. She is fine. Ki Bum-a, make sure you make something healthy for her and boys, don’t allow her to do heavy and tiring stuffs. You know what I mean, right?’

‘Arrasso noona.’ 
Key replied.

‘I just stood there and watch. I can’t be helping because I’m just a trainee here. And, this is just a very minor sickness, so don’t worry. But something caught my concern, who is she? She had made my five boys to go out of your mind. Har har har.. tell me, whose girlfriend is it? I will not tell out.’ Seo Mi grinned evilly. 

‘Hahaha. Noona, you got it wrongly. She is a very close friend of ours and she is Min Ho’s cousin. She is staying with us now. We have to take care of her.’ Jong Hyun said. 

‘Ic ic. Well, I shall see you guys soon! Not here but outside! Remember you still owe me a dinner!’ 

After listening to what Min Joo noona said, my heartbeat slow down and my breath was able to inhale better. 

Phewwwww~ That’s all I can say. 



-SHINEE DISCUSSION-

‘What are we going to do now? Jae Yung is sick and we can’t proceed with what we’ve planned.’ Jong Hyun started the conversation.

‘What happened to Jae Yung? She was fine this morning right?’ Onew and Min Ho started to ask and Jong Hyun roughly told them what happened.

‘Well. Key, I don’t know should we put the blame on you or not.’ Min Ho said.

‘I think it was my fault. If I were more careful. But believe me; I didn’t do it on purpose. I’ll do something about it.’ Key said.

‘I guess we will need to wait for her to recover before we proceed with teaching. For this time being, we should concentrate on our new album. 6 more weeks will be our comeback.’ Onew commanded.

‘I will take care of her until she recovers. I’ll monitor her.’ Tae Min voiced out and everyone agreed.

Key POV

I know I’m at fault this round. But I really didn’t mean it. I knew that the cup is something very valuable to her and yet I’ve broken it up but I didn’t do it on purpose. I wanted to apologize to her but her condition doesn’t allow me to do so. And I guess…….. she doesn’t even want to see me. Perhaps, the only ways that I can help is just by cooking for her and lend a helping hand to Tae Min if he needs any.

‘Ki Bum-a, what are you doing outside Jae Yung’s room?’ Min Ho asked.

‘Errr…. Nothing… Nothing...’ I replied, walked away trying to act nothing happen although Min Ho’s eyes was full with suspicious.

 

-END OF CHAPTER 9 PART 1-