Chapter 12

[PG-13] LIFE

Chapter 12

6 of us were inside the van, on our way to airport.

‘Luggage checked, passport checked, identity card checked. Min Ho-a, are we going to collect our air flight tickets now?’ Key was making sure that everything was done before we leave Korea. 

‘Dae. Manager Hyung told me to collect it later at the counter. 6 business class flight to Philippines.’ Min Ho replied.

‘Why are we going to Philippines? I thought that we are going to Indonesia? We going to Bali, right?’ Jong Hyun interrupted.

‘Ya. Bali is at Indonesia, right?’ 

‘Min Ho-a!!! Bali is at Indonesia, not Philippines!! Did you fail your geography?
’ Onew corrected Min Ho. 

‘But Tae Min told me at Bali is at Philippines! Right, Tae Min?’ 

‘Since when I said that?’
 Tae Min trying to push the blame.

‘That day when we were talking? You said Philippines, Bali Beach.’ 

‘At first I said Philippines, but I changed to Bali beach then.’ 

‘I thought that Bali is at Philippines. Omo. I bought wrong tickets. What should we do?’

‘No choice. Let’s go Philippines then.’ I said. 


At the airport

‘WHAT??? Min Ho!! What happened to you?? We thought that we are going to Philippines and you bought wrong tickets again??’ Jong Hyun scolded.

‘Cannot be! I told Hyung that I want 6 tickets to Philippines.’



*flashback*

First call

Yeoboseyo.’ Min Ho called the manager. 

‘Hyung, I want 6 tickets to Philippines from Tuesday till Friday. Flying tomorrow evening. We are going to Philippines to have trip with Jae Yung.’ 

‘Okay. I’ll get back to you later.’


Second call

‘Min Ho-a, I bought ticket for you guys already.’ The manager informed Min Ho. 

Dae. Gumawo Hyung.’

‘But there is no straight flight to Philippines these few days. You need to transit to Malaysia first and will have to fly to Philippines the next day. I’ve bought the tickets.’ 


[While the manager hyung was telling Min Ho, Tae Min came to disturb Min Ho and thus, Min Ho was not able to listen to Manager’s word.]

2Min moment

‘Min Ho Hyung, can help me to pack my clothes please?’ Tae Min with his cute puppy little eyes.

Tae Min, stop doing your aegyo. You knew that it won’t work on me. Can’t you see I’m on the phone? Put in my room first. I’ll help you to pack in a moment.’

‘Hyung, I LOVE YOU!!’ 

‘You only love me when you need my help. I’m on the phone don’t disturb me.’

‘Hehehe. It’s okay. Key Hyung is free. I’ll ask help from him.’


-End of 2Min- 

‘Yoboseyo. Min Ho-a, Min Ho-a’ The manager tried to capture Min Ho’s attention. 

‘Hyung. Bianhe. Tae Min was disturbing me.’

‘isit okay with you guys?’ 
[So basically, Min Ho didn’t hear the last line that what the manager said. He had no idea that they have to fly to Malaysia first]

‘Yup. We are okay with it.’

‘Collect your ticket at the counter. I’ve informed the security at airport. Be careful and take a good rest. Have fun!’
 


*end of flashback*


‘What should we do now? Are we still going to Malaysia then?’ Tae Min asked innocently. 

‘OBVIOUSLY! Since we had bought those tickets already.’ 5 of us said. 

‘But what are we going to do there?' Onew asked. 

‘Err-I know some people in Malaysia. I used to travel to Malaysia for diving with my brother. Let’s go to Tenggol Island. The beach is comparable to Hawaii beach and the beach is not commercialized yet. So, it would be better for five of you too.’ I said. 

***


So, our destination changed from Indonesia to Philippines and finally we board on plane and reached Malaysia. 

When we were on the way to Malaysia, there were so much of complains especially Key because of the hectic and non-prepared travelling schedule. To cut the story short, we were able to reach the beach after 5 hours of travelling and 2 hours in the speedboat. Key was complaining all the time, but believe me, more complains about to come. 

‘FINALLY WE REACHED!’ Onew stretched his body. 

‘Isn’t the beach is wonderful?’ I asked. 

‘This place is a paradise. The water is crystal clear; the sand is white in colour. I could even see though fishes in the water. It is even prettier than Hawaii beach!!’ Tae Min agreed with my words.

‘Really? I’m glad that you like it.’

‘Tae Min-a, you have been to Hawaii? Don’t over exaggerate, okay? It is just another normal beach.’
 Key commented and rolled his eyes. 

‘Guys, let’s check in. I’ve called my Uncle and he said that the rooms are ready. We are pretty luckily because we came during off peak season. I doubt that people recognised you guys. You guys just pretend that you guys are visitors from Korea.’ I told them.


At the lobby

‘WHAT THE F-. ARE YOU FREAKING SERIOUS????’ Key shouted at me. 

‘Yes.’ I replied.

I WANT TO GO BACK TO KOREA NOW.’

‘Calm down Hyung. It is not that bad right?’
 Min Ho was trying to comfort Key. 

‘How do you want me to calm down? This place is without hot water, no electricity from 8am till 6pm, and I’m disconnected with the outside world. The worst thing is there are monkeys and insects running outside my room. What type of stupid place is this? I want to go back to Korea now.’

See, I told ya! He just can’t stop complaining. Urghh!! 

‘We will be here just for 3 days only. Bear with it!’ Min Ho said.

‘I want to go back Korea now!!’

‘You won’t die without all those things, okay? Malaysia is too hot for you to use hot water, Key. And you are on an island; obviously there will be insects and monkey running around!’
 Min Ho replied again. 

‘Look, we are here now. If you insist you want back to go back to Korea, you shall go back yourself and I will stay here with the boys. But, I just want to tell you that you will have to sit the speedboat for 2 hours back to jetty, take a bus to town, and find a taxi that is willing to send you to airport in Kuala Lumpur. And then, you can buy your tickets back to Korea. Ahjushii, will only come back to pick us up on coming Friday.’ he really got my nerves on. None of the boys could calm him down. 

‘What the-‘

‘I’ve never see such a guy like you before. You complained about every single little thing that happened on earth and you are scared of this and that. Why can’t you just be like other members, bare with it and follow the flow? For a moment I thought that you’ve changed but you are just the same old Key that I knew since the first day. If you really want to leave, go ahead. The speedboat will be leaving in half an hour time.’
 I commented again. 

‘And if any of you guys want to go back with him, go ahead. I’ll be staying here. Min Ho oppa, let’s go.’ I left the place with my room key. I could not tolerate with such diva attitude of his, complaining about everything that he found since yesterday evening. Aishh.. 

***


KEY POV

What the f-. This is the first time I got scolded by people in my whole entire life. And who is she to scold me? I mean, come on! We are people that are living in 21st century and how could we survive without hot water, no electricity and disconnected with the world. I need to update me2day!

Hyung, are you okay?’ Tae Min asked. 

‘Aishh. I don’t know.’

‘Don’t angry with Jae Yung ok? I mean, be more understanding, she brought us here and you have been complaining since yesterday night. Put yourself in her shoes, I guess you would be mad too right? It is not easy to arrange everything within 8 hours before we even board our plane. Let just make another memorable trip than a bad trip where all of us ended up with bad mood back to Korea.’ 
Onew was trying to pull back the situation.

And Malaysia is a nice country. I still want to come back to Malaysia for fansmeeting or having a concert here.’ 

‘Yeah. Believe me, SHINee is going to rock this island during this 3 days 2 night trip. It is going to be fun. Let just stay here.’ 

‘I don’t think I still have a choice right? Let’s go to room now.’

‘Okay. Tae Min and I will share a room, Min Ho and Jae Yung while Jong Hyun and Key will be another room. Is everyone okay with it? Go back and change now. Let’s meet at the beach in 1 hour time.’ 



Jae Yung’s POV

‘Oppa, I’m done already. I’m going out to beach first. See you in a while.’

‘Okay. Be careful.’


I was taking a stroll at the beach, plugging on my iPod and went for a jog. The wind was blowing softly, trying to appreciate and enjoy every minute I’m on this island. You will never ever get to have such clean fresh air at anywhere. I missed the beach. I missed the memories that kept on this island between my brother and I. One of the main reasons, I chose this place was to recall my memory. I remembered how both of us track all the way up hill just to watch sunset, collecting sea shell, sleeping by the seaside, camp at the beach, jungle tracking, enjoy the stars at night and last but not least snorkeling and diving at different spots.

I remembered how my brother saved me when both of us came here for just for diving last year. We went into as deep as 250 meter above sea and I was so impressed with the beauty of the Mother Nature below sea until I didn’t realized that my oxygen gas was almost finish. My brother knew something was wrong and pulled me up right away. When we were swimming up to the sea, my oxygen gas had finished. Both of us were struggling due to sharing a tank of oxygen gas. But luckily, everything was okay when another diver found us and helped us. My brother was really my life saver. I missed him.


When I was walking by the beach side, Jong Hyun was alone by the beach side. He was looking down, worried perhaps. He didn’t carry his smile that moment. What happened to him, I thought.

‘Jong Hyun oppa.’ I called and he looked at me, giving me a smile.

‘Are you okay? What’s wrong?’ I concerned.

‘Nothing, best friend. I’m fine.’

‘You are not happy sharing a room with Key oppa? Do you want to switch with Tae Min or Onew oppa?’

‘Anni anni. Not because of that. I’m fine. Don’t worry.’

‘Your answer is not convincing enough.’

‘Okay, fine. I knew that I can never hide this thing from you.’

‘Just spill it. You will feel better. Tust me.’ 
I padded his back. 

‘Remember the underground girl that I’m going out with? She is angry with me.’

‘Uh huh. Why?’

‘Because I told her very last minute that I’m going to Malaysia. I told her that we are going to Bali, then suddenly changed from Bali to Philippines and now we ended up at Malaysia. She thinks that I’m lying to her. And now even worst, this place is without connection.’

‘Oh okay. I’m sorry.’

‘Why are you saying sorry, silly? It has got nothing to do with you.’

‘Because I suggested such place and everyone is unhappy about this place. I’m sorry.’

‘Don’t say sorry my dear. It is not your fault. I knew that you want us to have a great holiday.’ 

‘Hmm. Oppa, why not you try to use your blackberry to go online? Although this is there is no phone line connection, perhaps you still can BBM or go online to leave her a message? I guess there is still connection somehow. You get what I mean?’ 

‘Oh. Perhaps that works! Thank you darling!’ 
Jong Hyun gave me a big hug as a thank you.

‘You are welcome, oppa. You are always welcome to find me if you have any problem.’

‘You are really very special, my dear. Thanks for everything. And you really can read my mind. I can never hide things from you.



‘Dupshhhhhh’ A punch landed on Jong Hyun’s face.

-END OF CHAPTER 12 PART 1-


Author’s note: Ahhhh CLIFFHANGER! Give a guess, who punched on Jong Hyun’s face!! I guess the answer is pretty obvious right? LOL! 

Actually is not Min Ho’s failed his geography but I’m the one that failed. I just realized that Bali is not in Philippines when I was reading a comment from SFI. Thanks dear. So I have to push my mistake to Min Ho! Haha. Bianhe Min Ho dongsaeng! 

Btw, I’m sorry that I need to tell my readers that I will be updating in a slower pace now because my assignments, presentation and test are piling up. I have my finals after 2 months. I hope that my readers still will support me. I hope that I can update at least a chapter during a fortnight. Thanks for reading.