Chapter 2

[PG-13] LIFE

 

I was walking down a steep road with my heavy bags, thinking to find a place to rest after I had been walking for a few hours. The bell jingled, ‘ting ting ting’ reminds me that there was an ice-cream man ahead of me. When I stood in front of the ice-cream man, I was reminiscing how my brother used to buy me an ice-cream when I’m sad. The old good time. I’ve lost my smile since the day I lost my brother.

After I bought a scoop of peppermint ice-cream, I did not eat it. I still remembered how much he loves peppermint ice-cream. He will not eat other flavor but only peppermint. I looked at how the ice-cream dissolved into a liquid form. Tears dripped down, drop by drop. When I was walking while concentrating on my ice-cream, I knocked on someone’s shoulder. My peppermint ice-cream spilled on his white colour t-shirt. I did not care about him and walked away.

‘YAAA…’ He shouted at me but I ignored him as if I was deaf.

‘YAAA… Stand there!!!!’ He continued.
 

I continued walking without taking any glance at him. Suddenly, I felt a force pulled my left arms. I turned behind. I was staring at him, biting my lips. I realized that he was tall and thin. He has small eyes and face, a sharp nose and a very beautiful skin. He really looked like an anime that popped out from manga. But my eyes were full with anger as if he did something really bad to me. I was clenching my fist and it seems like I was going to give him a punch on his face. I could tell that he was pretty shocked when he looked into my eyes. He took a step back. I used my right hand and pushed his grip away. I turned away and walked off again. And again, he pulled my arm and started shouting at me.

‘Yaaa… Are you deaf? I’m calling you! You dirty my shirt! Do you know how expensive my shirt is?????’

 ‘Do you know that you dropped my ice-cream? Do you know how much is it? DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH THIS ICE-CREAM COST ME??’ I shouted back to him.

I guess he was really surprise when I shouted at him. However, due to his egoism, he yelled back at me. ‘What is so important about the ice-cream?? I’ll buy you another one and I want you to apologize to me NOW!!’

Buy back?? Do you know that there is something that cannot be purchased by money?? Do you know how precious is the ice-cream to me???’

‘YAAA… is just an ice-cream! Why are you shouting as if I’ve killed any of your family members?? Where are your manners?’

He said something that was so sensitive to me. His words reminded me how I’ve killed my brother indirectly. I could not hold my tears anymore and tears started streaming down like waterfall. Pedestrians were looking at both of us and people started to take out their cell phones to take pictures. He was trying to cover his face with his jacket and pulled me off to somewhere that was lesser people.

‘YAA… stop crying! I surrender. I’m sorry okay? Stop crying! Where do you live? Where are your parents? I’ll send you home.’

‘Go away. Leave me alone. I do not have a home. I’m a homeless kid.’

‘How can I leave you like this?? Give me your identity card.’

I handover my identity card to him. He was really surprised when he saw my address.

Jung Jae Yung. Gwangju. Wow! You really stay far away,’ He read it out loud while looking at me. I nodded my head.

‘You came here alone yourself or with your family? Why are you carrying your bags and luggage? Where are you going to sleep tonight? It is getting dark now.’

‘I don’t know.’

 ‘Have you eaten?’

‘I don’t know.’

‘Then do you know me?’

‘I don’t know.’

 ‘Ya.. You don’t know who am I??? You know SHINee? Ring Ding Dong?’

‘I don’t know.’

‘ Julliette? JoJo? Amigo?’

‘I don’t know.’

‘Can you stop saying ‘I don’t know’ these three words???’

‘I said, I don’t know. I don’t know and I don’t know. I really don’t know!!!!!!’

‘Since you don’t know anything and I cannot leave you here, why not you follow me?’

‘Mworago?? Follow you??? I don’t even know who you are!! Leave me alone! I’ll take care of myself! Leave!’

‘I told you I cannot leave you here! You are following me back to my dorm! Let’s go.’

He dragged me without allowing me to have a chance to say ‘no’. I have no choice but to follow him because I need a place to stay tonight. But several questions came into my mind. Who is he? Why must I know who is he? SHINee? Ring Ding Dong? Juliette? JoJo?? What on earth he is talking about?????????? He must be talking in some alien language.

 

Ki Bum’s POV

I do not know why but my heart told me not to leave this girl here. I mean leaving her alone on the street with her big bags during winter. I really do not what to do and where to locate her except bringing her back into the dorm. It is getting darker and colder now!  What if the pictures that the fans took just now were revealed on the Internet?  What if the netizens and the public knew that this girl is staying with us? What will happen to SHINee? I know I’m risking SHINee’s reputation but do I look like I have a choice? Although she asked me to leave, although she is a little bit ego, although I don’t really like her attitude, how can I leave her on the street?? As a moralized person, I cannot leave young girl on the street and she just came from a far city all alone. And one more thing, she doesn’t even know who SHINee is. I doubt that she is some stalker of fan of our group, it would probably be safer? I know that I might make the stupidest mistake ever in my life by bringing her back but I’ve got to say that, I really do not choice.

 

- END OF CHAPTER 2 -