Why did you do it?

One Shot, One Chance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9gS4DMnrH8

("Spring Rain" by Baek Ji Young, Gu Family Book OST)

-----------------------------------------------------------

 

You expected to feel pain. You expected to feel warm blood ooze out of the bullet wound and soak your dress. But you didn't feel anything. At all.

Your closed eyes opened slowly, afraid to see why it was so quiet all of a sudden. Then you saw a person with his back to you, his arms spread out. He was breathing pained breaths, blood dripping to the floor.

You gasped, horrified that someone had just jumped in front of you, saving your life.

The man collapsed onto his knees, his arms falling limply to his sides. You quickly knelt to the ground and caught his head before he could hit the ground. You were even more shocked to see the man's lifeless face.

"...K-Kai? Why would you? Where did you come from?" you stuttered, tears forming in your eyes.

He smiled weakly but then coughed a fit, finding it hard to breathe and talk properly. "I could't let you die. Not in front of my eyes. So I just jumped in front of the bullet...You don't have to pay me back," he joked.

"Stupid," you cried softly, the tears finally streaming down your face. "So, so, stupid."

Daehyun was only a foot away from you, in disbelief that Kai had taken his life away to save you. He felt thankful, but also somewhat jealous. *I could've been the hero instead of that punk...* he thought to himself.

In your scene with Kai, the subleader didn't waste any time reloading his gun. He pointed the barrel at Yongguk again. When you heard the click, you looked up and saw the gun. You were about to scream again, but another gun shot was fired. The subleader's eyes widened. He coughed up blood, the red liquid pouring over his lips and down his front. His eyes rolled back and he fell backwards.

The rest of the group seemed shocked for a moment that their subleader was dead, but they quickly got out their guns as well. The general gave the signal and his soldiers lined up in front of B.A.P, their guns pointed at the men. Realizing that it would be pointless to fight, they lowered their weapons and dropped them. Their hands rose in surrender.

You let your attention drop back to the dying Kai in your arms. The light in his eyes were already fading, and you knew you couldn't hold on to him much longer.

"Bokyung..." Kai whispered. "I never really got to tell you this...but I fell in love with you from the first time I've met you at the restaurant...I'm sorry that I couldn't tell you this earlier - it was my fault for being such a coward..." Kai coughed again, this time more severely.

"Kai, don't say that. We're going to get you help. You're going to stay alive, and we can talk about this later. Just save you breath," you pleaded, your tears dripping onto Kai's face.

He blinked and smiled that mischievous smile he always did when he looked at you.

"There were lots of secrets I was hiding from you...That I was a soldier in the army, that I'm an only child with no parents...But I hope that you can forgive me..." Kai murmured.

His eyes started to close slowly, but you shook him, trying to keep him awake. "No...no! Kai, please don't! Don't die!" you cried.

He  gestured weakly for you to come closer to him. You did, and he whispered in your ear. "Just promise me one thing...Stay away from those B.A.P members...They're not going to make you happy...They're convicts - they'll have to pay for what they do later on, and you'll be in trouble with them. Okay?"

You looked at him in confusion, unsure of how to answer that. He gave you a meaningful look. "You promise?"

You hesitated before whispering, "I...I don't know, Kai. They're all I have right now..."

Kai looked a bit hurt, but he shook his head a little. "I guess I can't change your mind on that, huh?"

You bit your lip, shaking your head slowly.

"Oh, well...I hope they'll make you happy and keep you safe, Bokyung..." Kai trailed off, and his head finally went slack. His eyes closed, and he departed.

You bowed your head, trying to keep in the sorrowful tears, but it was useless. This guy who saved you by taking a bullet...the guy who lived in pain all alone because you didn't love him back in that way... You felt terrible and sad that you couldn't do more for him. A sob escaped your throat, and you cried continuously.

Daehyun looked from afar, also bowing his head. *Kai...Maybe he wasn't such a bad guy after all...*

Yongguk's gun hand was still raised in the air, pointing at the spot where the subleader was standing before. After he had shot that bullet at him, he felt years worth of stress and burden lift off his shoulders, but he didn't feel satisfied. He wanted to shoot that dead body over and over until he felt that Kai's death was avenged. But he couldn't do anything now...

He lowered the gun and slipped it back into his weapon belt. He glanced over at the other members, who were mourning for Kai.

Yongguk looked down and remembered his gun wound in his leg. When he tried to take a step forward, the pain came back in strong waves up his leg and he crashed down, wincing. The members quickly ran up to him, helping him up. 

You looked up in alarm at the wounded Yongguk, and you stood up as well. 

"Are you okay? You need to get that bullet out as soon as possible!" you worried, but Yongguk shook his head. 

"Let's worry about me later. Zelo, please carry Kai's body. We're heading back to Korea," Yongguk ordered.

Zelo nodded without a word and made his way over to where Kai lay.

"Is there anything left to do? The Dragon Ring?" you asked.

Himchan shook his head. "The leader's still in prison, the subleader's dead, and I'm pretty sure the General has everything under control from here."

Suddenly, Youngjae asked, "Yongmi?"

Yongguk snapped his head up, a look of realization coming over his face. ". I need to check on her to see if she's okay. C'mon, let's move."

The General had his soldiers wrap up the remaining men of the Dragon Ring and felt a bit more satisfied than he had expected. He then remembered that B.A.P was still left to deal with since they were still criminals. He turned around but saw that no one was there. They were all gone, even Kai's body.

"Drat," he cursed, marching over to the spot where they were just a few moments ago.

He looked down at the floor, and saw that famous rabbit symbol spray painted under his feet. The General couldn't help but feel admiration for those famous criminals. *Slipped away...again.* he thought, smiling a little to himself.

 

----------------------------------------------

 

You glanced over at Daehyun and Zelo, who were wrapping Kai's body carefully in a clean linen sheet. You sighed and closed your eyes.

Jongup and Youngjae were in a seperate room on the stolen jet plane, performing a surgery on Yongguk's leg. It didn't take long to knock him out, but it was definitely taking a while for the surgery.

Himchan was sitting next to you in the driver's seat in the cockpit, driving the plane in silence. He seemed troubled by something, but you were a bit afraid to ask.

"You have a question?" Himchan suddenly inquired.

You jumped a little in your seat. You hesitated before asking, "Um...Is there something on your mind that's bothering you, Himchan?"

He was quiet for a while, but he said, "Not really. It's just that...it's hard to believe that all of this is over...After years of being bullied around by the Dragon Ring, it's finally over with. I hope."

You nodded, "Yeah, it must feel refreshing..."

Himchang added jokingly, "I saw what Yongguk mouthed to you before he was planning to take the bullet."

Your face flushed in embarrassment, "W-What? You did?"

He laughed. You felt happy that Himchan was finally acting like his old self again. "Yup. What was this 'I love you' nonsense that he said to you?"

"Why, i-is that unusual for Y-Yongguk to say?" you stuttered.

"As a matter of fact, yes. Yongguk isn't like me - all emotional and squishy and lovey dovey. He rarely shows his emotions to us since he's the leader and he has to have everything in control. So I was quite surprised that he would show his feelings for you directly," Himchan explained.

You've always known that Yongguk was pretty much an emotionless rock, but you never knew he was always like that to s, too.

"So. Are you going to accept his feelings?" he asked.

You were a bit taken aback by his sudden question but answered, "...I really don't know yet...I mean...Okay, Himchan? You're the only person I'm telling this to, but...Actually, Zelo and Youngjae and kind-of Jongup confessed their feelings to me..."

Himchan didn't seem to be surprised by that at all. "Have you accepted their feelings yet?"

"Well...not really? Not exactly? I don't know, my heart is telling me that I love all of you guys but it's so weird! No one can be love with more than one person!" you said, feeling exasperated and confused.

"Can I befuddle your brain a little more?" Himchan asked.

You looked up at him, "What? How?"

He turned his head and said firmly, "I'm in love with you too, Bokyung. Just to let you know." He finished off with a flirtatious wink.

Your cheeks were red as tomatoes. You stood up abruptly and quickly left the cockpit, unable to stay in there after that.

*Is is playing around with me or something? Was that a joke?* you wondered, steaming.

Himchan laughed, but he felt a bit confused as well. *I really do like her though...I have genuine feelings for her...Did she take my confession as a joke?*

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hey guys! :D

thank y'all for commenting and being so enthusiastic about the last couple of updates! ^^

Thank you guys once again for subscribing and enjoying this fanfic! Please keep supporting me! :D

-supergirl14