Hostage

One Shot, One Chance

*Yongguk's POV*

I watched as the Dragon Ring took the unconscious Yoon Bokyung away from us, taking off into the shocked public crowd.

I knew we ourselves had to get out of there, but I was too shocked and outraged to even lift a finger or a fist.

"Come on...Let's go," I muttered, running in the opposite direction.

I was carrying Daehyun in my arms, feeling his warm wet blood dripping down my arm and hand. We had to get him fixed up as soon as possible.

Zelo was white as a sheet, pale from losing so much blood and energy.

At that moment, I felt like a terrible, irresponsible leader. I was the oldest, the one the others looked up to and got orders from. I screwed up this time, getting two of my brother-like members wounded and a special person ripped away from me...

I knew I had to realize and accept it - that I had fallen in love with Yoon Bokyung. I have always questioned whether these strong feelings for her was because she was like a sister to me or just a stranger who I've picked up from the streets, but the way she was always on my mind, the way she smiled, laughed, cried...It all made sense. My heart was tugging for her, longing her, loving her this whole time...

I grit my teeth and charged down the street, leading the others to an old abandoned building. I had no time to block the door with anything - my only focus was on getting these two boys fixed up.

Jongup and Youngjae imediately got to work in silence. Youngjae was working on Zelo while Jongup was taking care of the more serious case. I couldn't bear to watch - I walked away from the scene, folding my two hands together around my cross around my neck, my eyes closed.

My breath was bottled up in my throat in anxiousness until Jongup finally called me over, "It's done, hyung. They'll be okay."

I let out my air and quickly approached them, looking over the two sleeping boys with concern etched into my eyes.

Jongup noticed and put a comforting hand on my shoulder. He smiled weakly and said, "They'll be fine. They need sleep and rest right now. We should get moving by tomorrow morning."

Suddenly, I heard someone let out a sob and then a fist slamming into the wall, the sound echoing throughout the warehouse-like building.

I turned around and saw Himchan clenching his teeth, tears running down his face. His now bloodied fist was still in contact with the wall, a small dent in it.

"I can't believe...We let this happen..." Himchan growled, breathing hard and fast.

I was a bit afraid to approach this angry friend of mine. His eyes said "kill", and his body was shaking.

"Himchan, it wasn't in our control. We weren't prepared for it," Jongup said, his tone of voice grave.

Himchan spun around and looked straight at him, shouting, "We're ALWAYS prepared for EVERYTHING! Why couldn't we be prepared this time?? If we were, we'd at least still have Bokyung here with us!"

There was absolute silence following his cutting words. My heart felt like it was being ripped apart piece by piece, but I brought myself together and said to him firmly, "No, Jongup is right. We weren't ready for the attack. Even though we've been in some stickier situations than this before and got away with no sweat, this one was different. It was more - "

"I DON'T WANT AN EXCUSE!" Himchan exploded. "I'D LIKE TO KNOW IF BOKYUNG IS EVEN ALIVE RIGHT NOW!"

"Himchan hyung, please calm down! Freaking out isn't going to help us here," Youngjae pleaded desperately, his eyes turning watery.

He didn't listen and went on, "WE SHOULD'VE HAD SOME KIND OF PLAN! WHY DIDN'T WE DO ANYTHING TO STOP THEM?"

Himchan turned to me, pointing an accusing finger, "YOU! WHY DIDN'T YOU THINK OF ANYTHING, LEADER? AREN'T YOU SUPPOSED TO BE THE ONE WHO HAS ALL THE ANSWERS? AREN'T YOU - "

"SHUT UP, HIMCHAN!" I screamed back at him. Himchan froze, staring at me in surprise. I ignored that and continued screaming, "I know you're frustrated! We all are! I don't want to be in this situation either, but we are! You think I'm okay and calm right now about Bokyung being held hostage? I'm worried sick and I want her back just as much as you do! I love her!"

Youngjae and Jongup gasped. I stopped and could've almost face-palmed myself for blurting that out.

"Hyung...What do you mean by that?" Youngjae whispered.

I shook my head quickly, my face turning red, "U- Uh, I meant that in a sister brother way. I don't love-love her. S - So, don't get anything weird stuck in your heads, got it?"

I knew they wouldn't buy that explanation, but I tried anyway, right?

 

-------------------------------------

*Bokyung (You) POV*

You opened your eyes slowly, only to see complete darkness. You tried to move around, but you felt ropes binding your wrists together behind your back and ropes around your ankles. You realized there was a blindfold tied over your eyes, and a cloth gagging your mouth.

You tried screaming, but it was no use. Suddenly, you felt someone kick you hard in the leg. You yelped in pain, trying to move away from wherever it came from.

"Shut up, girl. No one can come help you anyway," a deep voice snarled.

"Hey, hey, don't be so harsh on her...She's useful to us," another voice said, chuckling quietly.

*Where the heck am I??* you wondered in panic. *Where's B.A.P? Is Daehyun okay? And Zelo?*

"If you're wondering where you are, you're not going to get an answer," the same voice told you. "So don't even try."

*Um...I have a gag in my mouth so as if I can actually talk...* you thought sarcastically, rolling your eyes.

You heard footsteps coming your way. You couldn't tell from which direction it was coming from, so you just stiffly sat there on the cold hard floor.

A gloved hand touched your chin gently, tilting your head up. He took off your blindfold. Your eyes adjusted to the dim light in the room. It was cement on every side of the room, with one open-air window with iron bars. You were sitting by a small wooden table with a chair, and the same man who had led the Dragon Ring into cornering B.A.P was holding your face now. Another gruff looking man was sitting with his buff arms crossed over his chest, leaning back in the chair.

The man grinned, showing his gold teeth. He spoke softly, "My...You have a lovely, sweet looking face..." You felt like throwing up right then.

He straightened up and turned to the man sitting behind him. He motioned out the door, "Come on. Let's go now. We have a great surprise waiting for the B.A.P members to prepare for," he said with a mean smile.

He looked back at you once before slamming the metal door shut, locking it.

You closed your eyes, fear beginning to cripple your hopes of B.A.P finding and saving you.

 

--------------------------------

 

Daehyun stirred, feeling something warm and wet being pressed lightly against his forehead. His eyes fluttered open and found Jongup hovering over him, pressing a damp cloth onto Daehyun's forehead. Jongup's eyes widened and he put down the cloth.

"Daehyun! Are you alright? Does it hurt anywhere?" he asked with concern.

Yongguk, Himchan, and Youngjae hurried over when they heard Jongup talking to Daehyun.

Daehyun looked at his surroundings - he was bundled up in a thin blanket, lying down on the floor with a backpack being used as a pillow. Zelo was lying beside him, still sleeping.

"How...How long was I out?" Daehyun croaked.

Jongup quickly poured a cup of water and held it up to Daehyun's dry and cracked lips. He gratefully drank the whole cup, his moistened lips.

"You were sleeping for about five hours now...Are you feeling better?" Youngjae answered for Jongup.

Daehyun nodded slowly, but he still felt like the world was spinning. He lied, "Yeah, I feel fine. What about Zelo?"

Yongguk glanced over at Zelo and said, "He's sleeping like a baby. He just has a deep bullet wound in his lower back, but Jongup and Youngjae got it out and patched him up. He'll be healed and back up on his feet in no time. But you..."  Yongguk shook his head. "You took a huge blow before...Are you sure your head's okay?"

Daehyun nodded, "Yeah, I'm fine. I'm not dead yet, so I'll be fine." He grinned and slapped Yongguk's arm playfully, trying to get him to stop worrying. It worked a little bit on Yongguk, who cracked a small smile and sighed. "We have to leave as soon as Zelo recovers, too. We need to get Bokyung back."

Daehyun suddenly, frowned, remembering that Bokyung was still a hostage. He remembered only up to when his arms gave out and he dropped her, but he didn't see anything after that.

"Do you know hwere she is?" Daehyun asked.

"I think I do, but I'm not sure if that's where they took her," Yongguk answered, his brows scrunched together.

"Where's that?" Himchan inquired, rubbing his  hair.

"A car auto shop in the farthest section of town. I figured that they would take her to the same place where I was held hostage that first time we met the Dragon Ring...It makes it obvious for us, but I have a bad feeling that they'll be surprising us with something..."

"Something pretty awful," Jongup added, his eyes narrowing.

Yongguk nodded, "Yup. So we need to get our asses up and ready soon. Or we'll be too late to see what their little surprise is."