Running out of time

One Shot, One Chance

Zelo was well enough to follow Yongguk out of their temporary hideout and went into the neighborhood of the car auto shop. They both held cameras in their hands, ready to take pictures of the different exits and escape routes after they get you back.

Yongguk scratched his head and looked over the map of the auto place and its secret underground network that he had made a sketch of. It was a few years old, but he was sure that the drawings were pretty accurate.

After a while, Yongguk looked back at the maknae and nodded. "Okay, we're good. Let's head back."

 

------------------------------------------------

 

"There's an underground room right here," Yongguk said, pointing at the square box on the map. "There's a small open window with metal bars. If they're keeping Bokyung in there, we should check see if she's there."

"Can we bust the bars and pull her out through the window?" Jongup asked, looking up at the leader.

Yongguk shook his head, "No, the space is way too small for her. We'll use our comms and communicate. Zelo and Youngjae - you guys check for her at that window. If she's there, tell us and we'll get in. Meet us inside."

Yongguk then started to point, "Daehyun, Himchan, Jongup, and I will burst in with a surprise attack. Make sure your guns are locked and loaded before going in. Have a supply of ammo in your pockets."

He looked around at s one last time, making eye contact with every single one of them. Yongguk knew his team was going to work like a well oiled machine, since they've done things like this millions of times. Except, there never was a rescue mission involved. He breathed out slowly, trying to calm his nervous, racing heart.

"Okay. Let's go. Don't get yourselves killed or else I'll kill your dead body again."

 

-----------------------------------------------

 

You sat in the cell, extremely hungry and thirsty. The men didn't give you anything to eat or drink, and the only thing you had eaten was the kimbap from forever ago.

You sighed and tried a weak attempt to struggle against the ropes binding your wrists. No use - they were tied too tightly for you to even move. You were starting to get rope burn and made your wrists feel like they were on fire.

Suddenly, you jerked your head up, eyes wide. You remembered - Jongup had given you a small pocket knife right before you went into the hotel.

If you're ever in a jam, remember that you have this. I'm not exactly allowed to give you anything dangerous that can potentially kill, but this will be enough to help you in sticky situations.

*Thank you, Jongup!* you silently thought in your head, feeling hope bubble up inside your chest.

No one was in the room with you, so you were free to do anything without getting caught.

You painfully twisted your arms around to the pocket in your dress, trying to reach for the knife.

Your arms were way too short - you couldn't even put your fingers inside the pocket.

Breathing hard and feeling desperate, you tried again, reaching with all your might, feeling sweat breaking on your forehead and back.

You continued trying over and over, about to give up, but you finally grabbed the handle of the knife with your forefinger and middle finger, pulling it out.

You leaned over to your right and grabbed the knife in your right hand. You carefully slipped the sharp blade between your hands and began to saw away at the thick rope.

*This is going to take me forever,* you complained inside, but you kept giong, scared that one of the men would come in and see you trying to escape.

After ten minutes or so, the rope was finally thin enough to be ripped apart with your own strength. Holding back a yell of success, you quickly brought your wrists in front of you and examined them. They were red and raw, too painful to even touch. You ignored the prickly pain and got to work on your ankles. It was much easier this time since the ropes were right in front of you.

*B.A.P...I hope you hurry up. I don't know when those guys will come back for me,* you thought, biting your bottom lip in worry.

 

---------------------------------------------------

 

Daehyun was sweating like crazy, even though he usually never sweat at all, even in hot sweltering weather.

He ran like the wind, passing by the strangers on the streets, running with the members beside him.

All he could think of was you. How you were coping, what you were thinking, what was happening to you right that second...

Soon he found himself hiding behind another building across the street of the car auto shop. The place seemed empty, the doors closed and the shades pulled down over the windows. Nothing around it moved and no sound came from there.

Yongguk gave them the signal to get in position.

Daehyun followed behind Himchan as Zelo and Youngjae scurried over around the building, looking for the barred opening.

Daehyun quickly scanned his eyes at the edges where the building and grass met. Zelo was doing the same, breathing heavily beside him.

He came to the corner of the shop. Confused, he ran back along the wall. *Did I miss it?* he wondered.

"Hyung, is it really on this side? Yongguk hyung could've gotten the sides mixed up," Zelo asked, voicing Daehyun's thoughts.

Daehyun straightened up, feeling the sun beat down on his head and bake his scalp through his hair. A drop of salty sweat slid into his mouth, and he spin into the grass, feeling frustrated. He finally shook his head, "No, Yongguk hyung never makes mistakes like that. We're definitely missing something."

Zelo sighed and put his hands on his hips, "We don't have much time left! Yongguk and the others are waiting for us to find the opening!"

Turned his head to the side. Something caught his eye. "Daehyun hyung, look! I think I've found it!" Zelo said excitedly, rushing over to the wall.

Daehyun hurried over next to him, watching as Zelo moved the tall blades of grass away and revealed a small window with rusting bars blocking anything big from leaving or entering.

Daehyun peered inside, trying to see anything inside the small cell. Something shifted underneath the window, and he suddenly found himself face to face with you.

Daehyun screamed and jumped back, his heart pounding from the sudden surprise. Zelo laughed, but he looked at your face with concern.

"Bokyung? Are you okay in there?" Zelo asked.

You nodded, but your eyes were urgent. "Yeah, but you guys gotta get me out of here quick. The Dragon Ring set up a trap for the others! You have to get there and make sure they're okay!"

Zelo immediately got to work on the three iron bars, pulling out a rigid blade and sawing away. Daehyun continued talking to you, "Do you know what kind of trap?"

"I don't know...but I'm guessing it's not too good," you said worriedly, biting your bottom lip.

Zelo sped up his sawing, going through each bar from top to bottom and chucking them away behind him into the grass. Finally, the window was open. Daehyun and Zelo spread open their arms and grabbed your wrists.

"Okay, we'll pull you out and you try climbing up the wall with your feet," Zelo ordered.

You nodded, and on the count of three, Daehyun and Zelo hauled you out fairly easily. After you were out, Daehyun realized how battered and tired you looked. Your hair was messed up and had bits of dirt in it, your face was sweaty and dirty, your wrists and ankles had angry red blisters, and your dress was torn.

"God, you look terrible," Zelo commented, smiling a bit.

"Wow, thanks," you said back, responding with a small smile.

"Okay, we have to go now! Bokyung, you have to run away from here as far as you can. Don't look back - just keep running. Stay somewhere safe and I promise we'll come back to get you, okay?" Daehyun said, putting his hands around your face, looking you in the eye.

"You promise?" you said hesitantly, glancing over at Zelo, who had a grim expression on his face.

"Promise," Daehyun said softly. He planted a quick kiss on your forehead and bolted away. You stood there, dazed at his kiss, your face reddening.

Zelo was shocked himself after seeing the normally serious and unemotional Daehyun kiss you and leave. Not wanting to fall behind, Zelo faced you and smirked. "Well, hope that we come back in one piece." He leaned forward and kissed your cheek, winking before disappearing after Daehyun.

Your face turned even redder, unable to believe that you've just received two pecks from two B.A.P boys.

*All right, I shouldn't be blushing right now...I need to see if they're going to be okay...* you thought, unsure of whether to follow after them or to listen to Daehyun's instructions.

After a minute of indecisiveness, you sighed and ran to the scene of the surprise.