Threats

One Shot, One Chance

Kai looked equally shocked to see you in front of him.

"What...Why are you here?" you asked, looking him over up and down.

His mouth opened and closed, no words coming out of his mouth. He tried to look for a simple explanation, but he gave up. He sighed and put on his serious face. "I should be asking you that. Why are you in Hong Kong? And why are you in this hotel?"

It was your turn to be taken aback by the questions. You stammered, "I - I'm...uh...I have a relative here that I came to visit."

Kai's eyes narrowed a bit, clear that he wasn't believing your story. "Why do I not believe that?"

In the inside, you were shocked by Kai's change in personality. He was talking to you with a sharp voice, suspicious and unfriendly. Before at the restaurant where you two worked closely together, he was the kind, handsome guy that you liked being with. The Kai in front of you now was a completely different person.

"I...I don't know. That's your problem," you huffed, crossing your arms and trying to look tough, but you were shaking with fear that you might get caught.

Kai sighed and looked around, checking if anyone was listening to the conversation. He leaned forward and whispered in a warning, "You'd better get out of here. If I'm seen talking to you here, you and I can both get into some major trouble."

He turned around to go back up the stairs, but you stopped him. "Wait! You never told me your explanation! Why are you wearing a soldier's uniform? Why are you here?"

Kai stopped abruptly in his tracks, hesitating before he answered, "That...it's just a short-term job. Don't stress over it. Just get out of here."

He quickly left you standing in the dark stairwell. You stared after him, feeling very confused and shaken up from the spontaneous encounter.

You didn't exactly believe Kai's explanation either, but that couldn't be helped. You had to get out of here.

As you were about to go up the steps, a deafening screech of an alarm sounded in the hotel, red lights flicking on and off. You jumped in surprise, looking around in panic.

You ran up the stairs as fast as you could, heading for the lobby. There was confusion and chaos everywhere - the regular hotel people rushed out of their rooms, talking and screaming over the sirens, running around the lobby. You pushed past them, trying to spot any of the B.A.P members. You couldn't find any of them in this mess.

Starting to feel desperate, you reached the glass doors of the front entrance, where soldiers clad in identical uniforms came in, guns of all sizes attached to their belts.

You tripped and fell to the floor, covering your head with your arms to protect yourself from the soldiers marching past you.

You suddenly felt a strong hand grab your arm and lift you up onto your feet. You looked up and was relieved to see Yongguk there, his grim expression covered by the mask over his nose and mouth.

He ran out of the hotel with you, your feet hardly keeping up with his inhuman pace.

"Where is everybody?" you shouted over the city noise, weaving in and out of the people walking on the streets.

"They left when the security system was breached again somehow! You sure you turned it off when you went into the room before?" Yongguk yelled back.

"Yeah, I did! i saw with my own two eyes!" you insisted.

"Whatever! We need to get as far away as we can from here!" he said.

When you were starting to lose energy and almost fell, Yongguk took you up into his arms, running at an even faster pace.

He finally arrived at a deserted alleyway. He let you down, and you saw the five B.A.P members huddled in the shadows of the building, looking worried.

They immediately came over to you.

"Did you get the key?" Jongup asked eagarly.

You nodded and took off the chain around your neck, glad to see that the key was still there. You handed it over to Jongup, who took it into his hands carefully and examined it. He nodded and said, "Yup, this is it. The key to the prison cell."

"We only have to hand it over to the Dragon Ring guys, right? We don't have to actually go all the way there to free this leader guy, right?" you asked with uncertainty.

Zelo shook his head, "No, our only orders were to fetch this key. No further instructions. But who knows - they might threaten us again."

"Which is highly likely. So we need to make some sort of deal or threat to make sure our side is safe," Himchan added, sighing a little.

"We'll hope for the best," Yongguk said quietly, brooding over something but not saying it out loud.

"I'll keep this in a safe place," Jongup said, slipping the key into his jacket pocket, zipping it up all the way.

"Okay, we gotta get out of here. Once the security cameras reveal which way we've gone, there will be no way out of it," Yongguk warned.

They all ran down the street, dodging people and the carts that came across their paths.

Suddenly, a gun shot sounded and a few people screamed.

Your heart skipped a beat. You quickly turned your head to where the sound came from, and you saw a few men wearing all black running behind you.

Zelo, the one holding you, ran even faster, the other members getting the message and speeding ahead.

Just then, Zelo cried out in pain and stumbled, letting go of you. You screamed and fell, tumbling across the road. The dress you wore ripped a little at the skirt. You looked back at Zelo, who was on the floor, trying to get up. The men were coming up right behind him.

"Zelo, look out!" you screamed as one of the men pointed the barrel of a handgun at Zelo's head.

Youngjae flew in out of nowhere, kicking the man to the side with incredible force. Yongguk came from behind and tackled the other two men behind Youngjae, knocking them out. Once the men were down, Youngjae quickly kneeled to the ground and checked Zelo over.

"Zelo, are you okay? Answer me!" Youngjae said urgently.

Zelo groaned in pain, his brows scrunching together. His face twisted in agony as Youngjae carefully flipped Zelo onto his stomach. You gasped when you saw blood soaked at his lower back, a small sharp knife sticking out of the wound.

Youngjae pulled it out, Zelo yelping in pain.

"Who are they?" you asked, looking over at the unconscious men in black.

Yongguk went over to one of them and pulled up the sleeve of the jacket. He looked back at you and the rest of the group with a solemn look. "Just as I suspected. They're from the Dragon Ring."

"They have a dragon circle tatoo on their wrist?" Daehyun asked, and Yongguk nodded. "They do. That means they were sent after us. By why did they attack Zelo first? Himchan was much closer to their line of fire, but they specifically aimed the gun at Zelo..." Yongguk pondered.

Youngjae was busy getting out a medical kit and tending Zelo's knife wound. Zelo squeezed his eyes shut, biting his lip to keep from screaming.

You felt so sorry for Zelo that your eyes were wet with tears.

"Why are they trying to kill us when we're doing what they told us to do?" Jongup wondered aloud, scratching his head.

"That's what I'd like to know. And why they hit Zelo...it doesn't make any sense," Yongguk added.

"Whatever. We should seriously try to book it while we can. They could be sending more guys out after us for whatever reason," Zelo muttered.

They continued on, Daehyun holding you now and Yongguk carrying the youngest male.

They reached an intersection where there were many people moving around.

"Stick close guys!" Yongguk shouted above the noise.

Daehyun moved quickly with the group, always looking around left and right, looking for any more of those men.

Suddenly, Daehyun dodged something by moving back his head. You felt something small and fast whiz by right in front of your nose.

You gasped, freezing up. Right then, about a dozen men wearing the same black clothes appeared, surrounding B.A.P.

A few people watching this sensed the danger and ran away, screaming. The members gathered closer, their backs at each other, facing the circle of men.

One of them stepped forward while the others broke into a fighting stance, guns held up and ready. He pulled down his mask and grinned. You were horrified by the red scar running down his face through his mouth.

"Hand over the key," he said in a raspy voice.

"Why the hell are you attacking us? We're doing what you want us to do!" Yongguk called over to him, glaring.

The man tsked, shaking his head but smiling. "Tsk tsk tsk...So many questions, so few answers. Just hand over the key and you'll be on your way."

"No. Where's the promise about leaving my sister alone?" Yongguk said back.

The man sighed and pretended to ponder about it, looking up and scratching his chin. "Hmm...Oh, that promise! Well, I guess we'll have to keep our side of the deal. But freeing our leader from prison is much more urgent and important than keeping a measly, weak human being alive, don't you think?"

Yongguk was shaking with anger by now, his fists tight and ready to punch the guy's face, but he stood his ground and cooly responded, "Okay. But if you break your side of the deal, I guess we also have no choice but to come over for a visit and kill all of you."

The man suddenly laughed, "Ha! How threatening! So you guys really do have one heck of a scary leader." He held out an opened hand, palm faced up. "Now. The key?"

Jongup glanced over at Yongguk, unsure of what to do. Yongguk just grimly nodded.

Jongup reached into his pocket and slowly pulled out the key. The man came over and plucked the key from Jongup's hand, chuckling evily as he held it up into the air, observing it carefully.

He then put the chain around his neck, putting it under his shirt. He held his hands together behind his back and walked slowly away from B.A.P, but suddenly swiveled around on his heel, his eyes boring through yours.

You stiffened, shrinking into Daehyun's arms.

"Well, well. I didn't know such dangerous criminals carried stowaways. Especially pretty girls like this one," the man crooned, walking over to you and Daehyun.

"Keep away, scumbag," Daehyun growled, tensing his muscles for an attack. But the man just continued over, as if he was just going to hold a simple conversation.

"She's awfully pretty. I wonder what you grown men do to girls like her," he murmured, now standing right in front of Daehyun. He lifted a dirty calloused finger and gently brushed it down your jaw line, making you shiver in fear.

"Stop touching her!" Youngjae snarled, about to tackle the man, but the man took his hand away from you and lifted them high in the air. "Oh my! So protective! Seems like she's important to you, too?"

He looked back at the men and curtly nodded his head once. They immediately closed in on B.A.P, not giving them a chance to get away, and a few of them each held onto a member, preventing them from escaping. Zelo was also held down. Daehyun put up a little bit of a fight, but one of the men hit the back of Daehyun's head, knocking him out. You fell out of his arms, screaming in fear as he fell to the ground, unconscious.

"NO! WHAT ARE YOU DOING??" you screamed, holding Daehyun's head, tears bursting out of your eyes.

The men dragged him away from you. Another held your arms behind you. You tried to struggle against his grip, but it was much too strong for you to battle. The man turned to the struggling B.A.P members. Yongguk screamed, "LET US GO, YOU PIECE OF GARBAGE!"

The man laughed, "Ahh, this is much too interesting to let go! Your reactions are priceless!"

He turned to you. "Now, where's the fun in this if there isn't another price is hung over their heads, eh?"

He came closer to you, a pocket knife suddenly pulled out of nowhere. He pressed the flat part of the blade against your throat, his hot disgusting breath on you.

He called in a loud voice for B.A.P to hear, "If you come find us, then we'll have her all safe and sound for you. But if you don't make it by tomorrow at sundown, then she becomes permanently ours. Or even better - she dies in a painful way that you can never imagine." He finished off with an evil laugh.

Your knees grew weak, your head feeling dizzy. The last thing you heard before your eyes closed and you were unconscious was the sound of angry yells and outraged screams from the B.A.P members' throats.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

DAYUM this was WAYYYYY too intense for me to type up >< LOL

now it's getting a lot more serious and intense :O

I hope you guys are still really liking this story! Please stay with me till the end! ^^

-supergirl 14