R.I.P.

One Shot, One Chance

You woke up to see Daehyun getting a bag down from the shelf compartment from above the seats. He lowered the bag and set it down on the seat he was sitting on and craned his neck down so he could look at you. He smiled and shouldered the bag, "We've landed. We need to leave."

You rubbed your sleepy eyes and let out a yawn. "How is Yongguk? Is he okay?"

Daehyun nodded, "Yeah, he woke up about an hour ago, but he's not well enough to walk on that leg of his."

"Oh...I see," you said, a small frown forming on your face.

Daehyun noticed and asked, a little miffed, "What? You're that worried?"

You scoffed, "Then why do you think I was asking? He's one of your closest hyungs and it's only natural that I'm worried! Plus, he technically took the bullet for me with that leg, for your information!"

Daehyun rolled his eyes, "Please. Don't try to deny it. I thought you liked me only?"

You smirked a little, a bit pleased that Daehyun was looking at you with jealous eyes. "When did you start thinking that way, you weirdo?"

His left eye twitched and his complexion darkened. He turned around and muttered sulkily under his breath, "God, she's so frustrating at times, too..."

Youngjae and Himchan stepped out of the cockpit with backpacks on their backs as well. They stopped at the spot Daehyun was standing. Himchan noticed the dark cloud hanging over Daehyun's head and raised an eyebrow. He leaned over the seat to you and whispered, "Psst. What's with him?"

You shrugged, trying hard not to smile, "Isn't he always like that?"

You could almost imagine steam coming out of Daehyun's ears as he whipped back around, pointing an accusing finger at you, red in the face, "You - You - UGH! What have I ever done to you to make me deserve this??"

Youngjae jumped a little, startled by Daehyun's outburst, but he waved his hands up and down, trying to calm him down, "Hey, hey, let's not have tantrums on the plane, eh? And don't yell at Bokyung- you're the guy, so be a gentleman."

Daehyun gave Youngjae a sideways glare, his eyes glinting with annoyance. Youngjae twitched a little but put his serious side back on. "Anyway, we have to leave right now. Zelo and Jongup are already moving Yongguk off the plane, which only leaves us. Get your things and lets go home." With that, he gave you a little smile and left, Himchan trailing after him.

Daehyun escorted you off the plane, jumping out first. He caught you as you fell in his arms and gently set you down. You looked for Yongguk. Zelo and Himchan were on either side of them, his arms around each boy's necks. His face looked pale and a bit sickly, a cast wrapped around his leg.

Jongup sided up next to you and said, "Don't worry. They're just his temporary crutches until we get back to the hideout. Yongguk hyung is gonna have to replace that cast and get him a stronger one. He broke a bone, so he won't be able to walk around for a while."

You looked up at him in admiration, "You're so good at everything, Jongup."

He blushed and avoided your eyes, scratching the back of his head in embarrassment, "Nah, I'm not. I just had the time and determination to learn all these skills to help contribute to the group's success. But...it seems like we won't exactly be needing those skills that much anymore..."

"What do you...oh," you realized. Now that the Dragon Ring won't be bothering them anymore, there was nothing to steal for them. All that was left was to hide for the rest of their lives until they eventually pass away.

As the group walked to the airport terminal, you went to Yongguk's side, wanting to support him. You caught the movement of his dry lips, muttering something under his breath. His eyes were closed, his dark circles looking even more darker in the light.

You moved your ear closer to his mouth and heard what he was saying. "Yongmi...Yongmi..."

"Who's going to visit the hospital?" you spoke up.

Zelo answered, "Himchan and I are going after we drop off everyone else. Wanna come?"

You nodded eagarly, "Yeah, I'd like to. She's okay, right?"

"She probably is since the Dragon Ring members are taken care of. She's out of harms way," Youngjae said.

You breathed a sigh of relief, "That's good to hear..."

 

--------------------------------------------------

 

You held the flowers tightly against your chest, feeling nervous and eagar to see Yongmi once again. It was cold today, and dark clouds were blocking out the sun from shining its warmth down on you. It gave you the chills, the bad signs of rain, but you forced yourself to stop thinking negatively and keep walking with Zelo and Himchan.

Zelo noticed that you were shivering a little, so he put an arm around your shoulders, pulling you tightly against his warm body. You looked up at him. He smiled down at you and squeezed your arm reassuringly. You blushed and kept your eyes to the ground, unsure if this was okay or not. *I've already committed myself to Daehyun...is it okay to be like this with Zelo?*

You soon reached the hospital. Putting on a bright big smile, you opened the door of her room and burst in, cheering, "Hey, Yongmi! Your cool unnie is back - "

You stopped, looking around the hospital room. The bed that usually contained Yongmi was empty, its sheet smoothed out and white flowers placed on the bedside table. Zelo and Himchan went next to you, staring at the bed as well. There was only silence, just the sound of the wind blowing the bare branched trees outside into the windows.

"Where's...Yongmi?" you whispered in a weak voice, trembling.

Suddenly, you heard the door open behind you. You turned around and saw a nurse walk in with a cardboard box. She seemed a bit surprised to see the three of you there, but she smiled a little and said, "Hello, who are you?"

Zelo spoke up, "We're Yongmi's family. Do you know where she went?"

The nurse realized and frowned sadly. Your heart stopped. *No...No way. She didn't...*

"I'm very sorry to break the news to you all myself. The doctors were trying to contact you but there seemed to be no possible way of doing that so...It's been a full day since Yongmi has passed away. She died overnight from the lack of oxygen in her blood...We still don't know exactly how that happened since we had an oxygen tank strapped to her, but the doctors are trying to figure that out at the moment - Oh!" The nurse's eyes widened and she dropped the box when you fell to your knees and you passed out.

Equally surprised, Zelo and Youngjae immediately knelt down next to you and held you up, shaking you. "Bokyung! Yah, Yoon Bokyung! Wake up!" Zelo cried.

Youngjae looked up at the still shocked nurse and ordered, "What are you doing? Get a doctor here right away!"

The nurse nodded and bolted out of the room, the door slamming behind her. Youngjae looked down at your pale face, biting his lower lip in worry. *This isn't good...Yoon Bokyung, why did you have to be so shocked?*

 

-----------------------------------------

 

Your eyes opened slowly, finding yourself staring at the flourescent lights on the ceiling. You squinted a bit, but a shadow covered your face when Zelo leaned over. His eyes widened when he saw that you were awake and turned back around, yelling, "Youngjae hyung! She's awake!"

Youngjae rushed over, leaning over you as well with worried eyes. "Bokyung-ah! Do you feel okay?"

"What...What happened?" you croaked, your lips and throat completely dry.

"Here, water," Zelo said, helping you sit up in the hospital bed and holding the cup of water to your lips. You gratefully drank it all, feeling much better afterwards.

"You fainted," Yongjae said, frowning. "You were out for about an hour. The doctors came up and put you in bed, telling us to watch over you."

You sat there quietly, remembering it all - the news of Yongmi's death still rung in your ears. You pulled your legs up and laid your head in your arms, unable to take in the unbearable news just yet.

Zelo put a hand on your shoulder and said pleadingly, "Yoon Bokyung, don't take this too harshly. We all knew she wasn't going to make it until she was old with that disease - even Yongguk, as much as he didn't want to believe it. Her body was too weak to handle it, even with all the medical help. So don't feel so defeated, okay?"

You raised your head and tears were flowing down your face. You snapped back," Yeah, well that's no excuse for her! She should've been more strong-willed! She should've at least waited until we got back and have her last moment with us before she died! She should've...She should've waited for me to come back so that we could actually become close before she left!" The tears were flowing faster now, the hard lump in your throat more painful by the minute.

Zelo seemed a bit shocked, but he let you continue, knowing that stopping you wouldn't help. Youngjae let himself fall against the wall, hanging his head and stand there weakly.

You wiped the hot tears away with the back of your hand and said quietly, "Did you tell Yongguk?"

Youngjae nodded slowly, "Yeah, we did while you were unconscious. He took the news pretty well. The funeral's going to be the day after tomorrow. We personally requested to have a private funeral with only the seven of us - not anyone else."

"Why the day after tomorrow? Why can't we have it tomorrow?" you asked.

Zelo eyed you, "You don't want to visit Kai's grave? That's what we were planning to do."

"Oh...oh yeah..." you said under your breath, the reminder of Kai's death weighing down your heart even more.

Someone opened the door and you looked in that direction. It was a female doctor with a tight bun on her head and and long white doctor's coat. She was very pretty and looked sharp. She smiled at you at first but started to frown when she saw the dried tears and red eyes.

"What is the meaning of this? Don't treat a patient so roughly, especially after she woke up from fainting!" she exclaimed, rushing over to you and checking you over.

"It's fine...They weren't doing anything," you muttered, sniffling and turning your head away from her.

The doctor sighed and turned to the boys. "We've confirmed that Yongmi's death was from the lack of oxygen in her blood. We've sent her to a funeral home so you can pick her up tomorrow night. You've requested to have a private funeral, am I correct?"

Zelo nodded, "Yes, that's what we've decided on."

"I see...Yongmi was a very sweet and cute little girl...She liked to watch TV a lot, but she also kept a diary with her and wrote in it everyday. I had a nurse put all of her belongings in a cardboard box for you take with you. It should be at the front desk in the lobby on your way out. I'm very sorry for your loss. I know if I lost my daughter to a disease, I would be very devastated as you all are right now," the doctor said, giving a small smile before leaving.

No words were spoken and no one moved. You refused to believe all of this, that this was all a dream and Yongmi was still alive and well. But the reality was sinking in and there was no way out of it. There was no choice but to accept it - that all your loved ones were leaving you permanently.

You sighed and spoke first, "I'm feeling stronger now, so let's head home. It's getting dark." You tried to get off the bed and stand, but your weak legs buckled under you. Zelo quickly caught you. He said sternly, "No. We won't leave until you're fully charged up. Don't rush yourself."

You looked him in the eye and said firmly back, "Well, I want to go back to the hideout. The others are probably wondering what's taking us so long, and they'll get worried and go out to look for us. What if they get caught? What if we get caught? No, I'm not going to take that chance. Let's go down and pick up the box. Then we'll go back to the hideout quickly. Please?"

Zelo sighed and looked at the older hyung standing by the wall. Youngjae hesitated but sighed in defeat. "Fine. Let's go then. But I'll be carrying you there so don't complain."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

:( sadness and tears...boohoo >< 

So Yongmi died after a long fight with her body...RIP Yongmi! B.A.P and Bokyung unnie love you! :D (BTW this yongmi character IS NOT real, so please don't misunderstand ^^;)

please subscribe and comment if you haven't yet! Thank you and I love you all~~~~

-supergirl14