Worries

One Shot, One Chance

Yongguk came back with tired eyes and drooped shoulders, looking as if he had taken on the weight of the sky. Youngjae and Himchan followed behind him quietly, looking grim and having nothing to say to the other members staring at them in curiousity.

Yongguk shut himself up in his little room again. Zelo scurried over to Himchan and asked, "What happened? Why did you guys run out so fast?"

"They threatened us...made a small visit to the hospital where Yongmi was and smashed her flower vase as a warning. They want us to pay up sooner," Himchan explained, rubbing his eyes tiredly.

Zelo's eyes widened in shock, stammering, "B-But - how? We can't! There's not enough time - "

"Which is why Yongguk is being like that," Himchan interrupted, laying his head on the kitchen table, sighing. "He's under so much stress right now that he doesn't even know what to do with himself anymore.

"Can't we possibly move Yongmi to a different hospital? Maybe send her overseas to America or something for her safety?" you piped up, hoping that was a helpful suggestion, but Youngjae shook his head gravely.

"We can't do that - she needs to be under careful watch. She can't be on a long flight on a plane without machines helping her stay alive," he said.

You bit your bottom lip, starting to feel very worried. *So this is what it's like to worry over a sibling...I've never had one so I never knew how it felt...*

Jongup furrowed his brows and spat, "Those s. Why did they have to choose us  out of all the greater theives out there? Why?!"

Himchan sighed again, shaking his head at Jongup's language use. You realized that this was the first time you've seen Himchan so serious and tired looking - he suddenly looked like he aged ten years, the eye bags more visible now.

"Let's all get to bed early tonight - we'll think about this more tomorrow," Youngjae suggested, standing up and stretching out his aching legs and arms.

The other members silently agreed, starting to shift in their chairs and go to the kitchen to wash up. Only Daehyun stayed behind, his dark eyes staring at the opposite wall.

*What is he thinking about?* you wondered, tilting your head curiously at him.

You shrugged and left the room as well, leaving him alone. Daehyun was brooding over this complicated situation - Yongmi felt like a real sister to him, and he couldn't stand there just watching  her be threatened by dangerous men.

*Especially after what happened to...Baekhyun hyung...* he thought, closing his eyes.

"Hyung! Hyung!" Daehyun cried out, reaching out his small hands to his brother, bleeding severely from his forehead as he was being punched and kicked over and over by the four thugs. Baekhyun's eyes were half closed, a look of sadness and worry in his eyes, as if they were saying to Daehyun, 'Daehyun...I'm sorry I can't...protect you...'

"Baekhyun hyung! Stop hurting my hyung! Stop it, please! He's bleeding everywhere!" he cried, tears waterfalling from his blurry eyes.

The last thing Daehyun saw before passing out from exhaustion as a twelve year old child was one of the thugs giving a final crashing blow to Baekhyun's back, and Baekhyun's head hitting the floor with a low thud, unmoving.

"Daehyun hyung? Wake up! Daehyunnie hyung!" a male voice called from a far distance.

Daehyun snapped open his eyes, drenched in sweat. *Did I fall asleep?* he wondered, looking around and seeing Zelo's worried face in front of him.

"Hyung, if you'd like to sleep, then sleep on the bed, not in a chair. You'll get neck pains again," Zelo said, tugging at Daehyun's sleeve.

"Okay, okay, I'll go," Daehyun muttered, standing up slowly, his legs feeling like jelly after that horrible nightmare.

Zelo observed his face closely, trying to detect something strange coming from Daehyun. "Hyung, are you all right, though? Before you were muttering 'hyung, hyung' in your sleep."

Daehyun looked into Zelo's eyes, seeing the same look that he used to give Baekhyun. He looked away and said in a quiet tone, "I'm fine. Don't worry about me, sport." He ruffled Zelo's head gently and left, leaving Zelo still worried and confused.

--------------------------------------

 

Yongguk stared at the book in his hands, again rubbing his thumb over the worn cover of the lists of thefts B.A.P had done so far and how many more to go.

His thoughts were focused on his sister only, still traumatized by his experience at the hospital today.

*They really could've done worse than breaking her vase...* Yongguk thought, his hands starting to tremble.

He took deep breaths, trying to calm himself down. He wasn't going to let the Dragon Ring hurt his sister or s. Or you.

*Bokyung has been a really big help to us...I don't know how to thank her for taking care of the members so much...* he pondered.

Now that he thought about it, he didn't know your background - how you did in school, who was in your family, what your status was, or if you left behind a boyfriend...

He suddenly felt a burning sensation in his gut, a feeling of sudden hatred and jealousy. *Why am I feeling this way? Why should I care if she has a boyfriend or not?* Yongguk asked himself, slapping his face to get ahold of himself.

Yongguk carefully put the book back on its shelf and his hand brushed over the picture of Yongmi. He picked it up and stared at his sister's bright expression and happy smile.

"I hope I'll be able to protect you, Yongmi-ah. As an older brother, I don't want to fail you...Please stay alive and don't be hurt because of me...I don't want you to be in danger because of who I am..." Yongguk whispered, choking up. His throat closed and his eyes stung with tears, a searing pain in his heart.

He silently cried tears of pain and remorse, feeling the coldness of being alone in his sea of worries.

-------------------------

You woke up in the middle of the night, your throat dying of thirst. *I need water...* you thought, sleepily walking to the kitchen.

When you walked in, you saw the flickering of a large candle. You squinted your eyes in the dark, trying to see the silouette in the shadows. You almost screamed when you realized there was a person sitting at the table in front of the candle, but you stopped yourself when you realized again that Zelo was sleeping there with his chin touching his chest.

*What's he doing here?* you wondered, tiptoeing over to his sleeping figure.

You saw that he was shivering a little bit from the low temperature of the hideout. You crept back to the bedroom and brought out a warm wool blanket, spreading it over his body and putting a neck pillow around his neck to prevent any neck pains in the morning.

You smiled a little bit at how cute he looked when he was sleeping, but you quickly made yourself frown, realizing that you were having strange not-friend-like thoughts about him.You quickly drank your glass of water and went back to your corner of the bed, making sure Himchan wasn't going to do what he did last time.

In the other room, the corner of Zelo's lips curled up into a timid smile. *Caring for me this much - it touches me, Bokyung-ah. I hope to do these things for you, too...*

---------------------------

"Hey, Zelo, what were you doing sleeping in a chair? Didn't you tell me not to do that? Hypocrite," Daehyun said, kicking the chair Zelo was still sleeping in. Zelo was jarred out of his sleep, looking around wildly.

"What's going on?!" he asked.

"Why were you sleeping in here, Zelo-ah?" Youngjae asked gently while helping you make breakfast.

Zelo rubbed his eyes sleepily and replied, "Oh, I was just doing some thinking...I guess I fell asleep."

"Tsk tsk tsk, maknae. You can really fall asleep anywhere," Jongup joked, rubbing Zelo's hair messily.

Zelo scrunched up his nose and swatted at Jongup's hand. "That's mean, hyung - I don't fall asleep anywhere."

"Oh really? You dozed off while jumping off that plane in Thailand last year, remember? While Youngjae was holding onto you, screaming like a girl thinking that we all were going to die," Yongguk said, making a sudden appearance in the kitchen. His eyes were a bit bloodshot, but other than that, he looked like his old self.

Your eyes widened at Zelo. "Seriously? How do you fall asleep doing that?"

Zelo whined, "Hyungs, stop! At least it was a safe landing - kinda..."

"Yeah, using me as the cushion when we fell onto those trees - totally a safe landing," Youngjae said sarcastically, rolling his eyes. He then turned to Yongguk and snapped, "I was not screaming like a girl, hyung!"

"Oh yes you were. Don't deny it a bit, Yoo Youngjae," Jongup snorted. Daehyun smirked in agreement.

Blushing a fiery red, Youngjae threw up his hands and said, "I don't care anymore. You all try to eat a decent meal without my cooking skills."

"We've got Bokyung - she's plenty enough skill without you," Himchan chuckled, grinning at the younger.

You laughed at this comical scene. *I wish every morning is like this...Everyone laughing and teasing each other...*