Wondering

One Shot, One Chance

You walked out of the hideout, wearing the same black mourning dress again. It had already been one full day since the mini funeral for Kai, and today was Yongmi's funeral.

Jongup, Himchan, and Zelo had picked up the body from the funeral home and brought it back to the hideout after Kai's funeral the other day. You had looked into the coffin and burst into tears. With all the makeup, hair, and nice clothes on, she almost looked as if she was just taking a nap. A healthy little girl sleeping in a dark, haunted coffin.

Yongguk had stayed up all night in his little room, doing whatever he was doing to cope with his little sister's death. You and the other B.A.P members couldn't sleep that well, either.

You sighed and shivered a little against the cold air. Suddenly, a puffy jacket was hung over your shoulders. You turned your head and saw Zelo standing there, smiling a little at you. He held out his hand. "Let's go."

You took it gratefully and you walked with him to the nearby cemetery. All of the B.A.P members had masks on just in case someone was passing by and happened to see the small group. You bought a hat with a black net draping over your face, keeping it well hidden from any suspicious eyes.

When the both of you arrived, you saw that Yongguk and Youngjae were already there, standing in front of the grave. Daehyun stood a foot behind them, his head bowed and his hands in his pockets.

He looked up when he heard the crunching of dry grass as you and Zelo came over. He eyed your hand that was joined with Zelo's but he didn't say anything.

Zelo let go of your hand and went over to Yongguk's side. Yongguk was holding onto Youngjae a bit to keep the weight off his injured leg. He turned his head slightly to look at Zelo and looked back to the ground again. Zelo murmured something to Yongguk and patted his shoulder. Yongguk's shoulders began to shake, and tears began to drip from his red eyes.

You looked on with sadness and pain, understanding him completely and feeling the same emotions he was feeling. Tears welled up in your eyes too, but you quietly stood there, wiping them away with the back of your hand.

Daehyun put an arm around your shoulders and pulled you close to him, staying silent.

Jongup and Himchan appeared, Himchan holding white flowers. Himchan glanced at you before making his way over to Yongguk. Jongup stayed behind with you and Daehyun. Jongup quietly reached over for your hand and held it lightly. You squeezed his hand with reassurance.

Himchan gave the flowers to Yongguk, who was still crying. Yongguk took the flowers and slowly laid them down on the grave, whispering something that no one else could hear but Yongmi. Then he stood back up with some difficulty and paused. He reached into his pocket and brought out a chain necklace with a gold cross hanging from it. You've seen it a lot before - Yongguk always had that around his neck, and he always kissed it whenever he was troubled.

Yongguk placed the necklace next to Yongmi's tombstone and stared at it for a very long time.

"That necklace...It's the most important item to Yongguk hyung," Jongup whispered. You looked up at him. "Why is it so special to him?"

"It was the only thing that he had from his parents...When he first came to the orphanage, I remember he had that heavy thing around his neck, and he would never take it off except for when he showered. Someone tried to take it from him as a joke, but he reacted so violently to it - he ended up break the kid's arm and got in huge trouble," Jongup explained, his lips quirking upwards at the memory. "And he hasn't changed his attitude towards the necklace since then. I myself almost got my neck snapped for trying to fix the broken chain without asking him first what my purpose was."

Daehyun smirked, "Yeah, I remember that. Yongguk hyung's tough, but I've noticed over the years what a soft-hearted baby he is on the inside."

You looked at Yongguk's back view and took in the tall stature, the broad back and shoulders, and the short black hair on his head. He definitely looked like a real criminal, but once you looked into his eyes, you saw a small, fierce child inside that huge body, full of sensitive feelings.

Youngjae touched Yongguk's arm and murmured, "Let's go now. We can't stay out in public for too long. I'm sorry, hyung."

"Don't be..." Yongguk muttered, sniffling. He smiled weakly at Youngjae and let him lead Yongguk away.

You broke away from Daehyun and Jongup and jogged to catch up with Yongguk. You sided up next to him and touched him arm. "Yongguk?"

Yongguk looked down at you with those sad eyes and said monotonously, "What?"

"I...I hope you know that I'm always going to be here for you, and the members are always going to have you back, too, so please don't...please don't be so upset, okay?" you said, smiling a little.

Yongguk seemed a bit surprised for a second but nodded subtly, muttering, "Okay."

You smiled more widely and held his big hand, squeezing it tightly, trying to send your support to him through the skin contact. *Don't be so down, Yongguk oppa...You still have six people here who aren't planning to leave your side, and these people are going to try to fill up the gap that Yongmi left in your heart!*

 

--------------------------------

 

Once you got back to the hideout with the others, you changed out of your dress and wore your old clothes. As you opened your small drawer of clothes to put the dress away, you paused when you saw your school uniform skirt. The thought of school flashed through your head, making you feel a bit nostalgic.

*School...It's been a while since I've been there...* you thought, hastily putting the dress into the drawer and closing it quickly.

"Is something wrong?" a voice said behind you.

You jumped a little and whipped around, seeing Zelo standing behind you, blinking at you with curious eyes.

You shook your head and smiled, "No, nothing's wrong. I just came across my school uniform and a few thoughts ran through my head, that's all."

Zelo frowned a bit, "School? Oh yeah, you haven't gone in a few months...But people are looking for you anyway so you can't exactly go anymore...Are you...okay with that?"

You sighed, "To be honest, I don't really know. I would like to see my friends and teacher again, but that's all part of the old life now...I want to live and be part of the new life that I'm in right now."

Zelo's face lit up in happiness and pulled you in for a sudden hug. "You...really mean that, right?"

Feeling a bit flustered, you blushed and nodded, "Yes, of course I mean it. My home is here now, and I don't want to be anywhere else except here with you all."

"Aw, our Bokyung is so cute!" a loud voice sounded.

Himchan burst into the room and made a bee-line for you, his arms stretched out at his sides and a big grin on his face. Your eyes widened when he shoved Zelo to the side and took his place, giving you a tight bear hug. Your face was squished against Himchan's chest and his cheek rubbed against the top of your head.

"Eck - Himchan, I'm suff-o-c-cating!" you squeaked, slapping his arm repeatedly.

Out of nowhere, Yongguk grabbed the scruff of Himchan's neck and pulled him forcefully off of you, giving him a death glare. "You idiot. Touching Bokyung when she doesn't want to be touched, fooling around when you're the second oldest of the group. I ought to throw you out into the streets and - "

You held onto Yongguk's arm and pleaded in alarm, "Woah, wait, Yongguk! He wasn't doing anything bad, honest! Just please - let him go, carefully now."

Yongguk glanced down at you and his lips formed a tight line, his eyes narrowing at Himchan. Himchan smiled tentatively and giggled, "Heh heh...Listen to Bokyung, now Yongguk. Don't want to make her beg, do ya?"

Yongguk rolled his eyes and shoved Himchan away. Himchan rammed into Zelo and they both fell onto the bed behind them, letting out a loud "OOF!"

You sighed with relief and chuckled, "Oh, Yongguk, you're very overprotective. They're just horsing around!"

Yongguk glared at the two boys and shook his head, "Huh. I don't think so." With that he left the room. You shrugged your shoulders and turned to Himchan and Zelo. "Are you guys okay?"

Himchan nodded, dusting off his sleeves, "Yeah, but jeez~ that Yongguk...You're going to be receiving the treatment that he gave Yongmi, but ten times worse. Especially because he loves y - "

Yongguk stuck his head back into the room and stared lasers at Himchan. Himchan stopped talked and sat back down on the bed, looking away nervously. "N - Never mind..." he muttered.

You laughed. *Oh man, I'm glad I landed here...This is really where I was meant to be.*