Sacrifice

One Shot, One Chance

You arrived just as the scene was starting. You looked inside the front entrance and saw Yongguk, Himchan, Youngjae, and the rest of the members crouching a little as they slowly walked into the shop, all with pistols in their hands.

"Where are you? Come out and act like the tough gang that you guys are!" Yongguk yelled in a deep voice, his eyes darting from one side of the room to the other.

Out of the corner of your eye, you saw a shadow from the upper floor move. "Look out!" you screamed.

A gun fired somewhere among the B.A.P members, but they all managed to dodge the bullet. Youngjae found you standing at the doorway. His eyes were panicked and dark. "What are you doing here? Didn't Daehyun and Zelo tell you to get away?"

He lunged forward and grabbed your wrist, jerking you behind him. The other members backed up and formed a tight circle around you. You held onto Youngjae's shirt, your hand shaking.

"Oh look! They managed to save their little princess from the dungeon!" a male voice said.

You looked all around you, but you couldn't see the man anywhere. When you looked up, you finally saw the subleader. He was leaning forward on the railing, his elbow propped up on it and his chin resting lazily on his gloved hand. He smirked and rolled his eyes. "So predictable, but what can I do?"

Yongguk pointed his gun up at him, shouting, "You better come down here and face us like a man! Not like a terrified rat that you are!"

The look in the subleader's eyes changed. His smirk flipped upside down and he scowled. "Stop trying to act so tough. You're a big softie youself, Yongguk. I can just tell by the way you always sacrifice things for your precious little sister."

Yongguk stiffened in front of you, his shoulders tense. *Yongguk, don't let his words get into your head! Be strong!* you pleaded.

"Shut up. Stop making small talk," Yongguk said through clenched teeth.

The subleader slowly made his way to the spiraling metal staircase without any rush, his hands in his pockets. He clucked his tongue, "My, my. So rude at another person's place. Maybe a little threat will show you to behave." Then he snapped his fingers and a small group of around 10 men came forward from the shadows, all holding dangerous looking guns in their hands. They held up the barrels in unison, pointing them at B.A.P.

Your heart rate suddenly sped up, feeling nervous and scared beyond imagination. They could all die here, with no one to know and Yongmi alone in the world.

"Yeah, sure, you guys have slipped away from crime scenes in the most stickiest situations. But this time - I don't think you can get out of this one. Especially since this is most likely the only time we'll be able to have you all as guests," the subleader said slyly, grinning.

"We're planning to finish it here with you. I don't plan on having you as our overlords," Yongguk growled, glaring hard at him.

The man laughed, the sound echoing through the room. "Don't count on it buddy. Like I said, you're not getting away this time."

He held up his hand and one of the men with bald hair and sunglasses shot the gun at Yongguk's leg. He collapsed to he ground, holding his gushing leg, his face twisted in agony. The other members gasped and couldn't believe what they were seeing.

"Yongguk! Oh my gosh!" you screamed, kneeling down next to him. Tears were burning in your eyes and blurring your vision.

"Ha! Let's say that was just a minor 'miss'. They really should've went straight through his heart," the subleader cackled, demonstrating by making a hand gun with his fingers and pretending to shoot at his own heart.

You looked up at him and glared. "You're being terribly pathetic and cowardly right now!"

He stopped laughing and looked at you, a bit surprised that you were talking to him. "Oh, really? I'm the one being pathetic and cowardly? Well I'll show you - "

Before he could aim his gun at you, the doors of the entrance burst open, and soldiers wearing matching black uniforms streamed in. You looked around in bewilderment, and saw that the B.A.P members were confused as well.

A tall man was at the head, wearing a hat low over his eyes. He came in front of the B.A.P members and stood firmly. He looked up and narrowed his eyes at the subleader, who was still in shock of what was happening.

"Are you the subleader of the Dragon Ring? Well, I'd would like to congratulate you - you and your gang members are under lifetime arrest for illegal drug trading and murder of innocent lives," the man said in a deep, formal tone.

You got a glimpse of him - he seemed like he was in his fourties- wrinkles lining his face and radiating power and solid confidence. You guessed that he was the general that you had stolen the key from.

The subleader finally came back to his senses and laughed, still somehow with confidence. "Me? Under arrest? You must be fooling around with me, General. Gangs like us never get arrested. Ever."

The general tilted his chin up higher. "Well, that's going to change as of now. If you want to come along peacefully, I will appreciate it. But if you shoot one of those guns, I can assure you that it won't be pretty."

The look in the subleader's eyes changed a little - a flash of fear and intimidation crossed his face, but he tried hard to maintain his haughty defense.

Suddenly, the lights shut off, leaving everyone in pitch black darkness. You jumped a little, starting to feel anxious.

"What's going on? Turn the lights back on!" the general spoke loudly.

You felt a large hand suddenly clamp over your mouth and grab your torso. You started to scream for help, but whoever was holding you took off, away from B.A.P and the soldiers.

The person stopped at a certain spot in the room and gripped your body with one strong arm. You were breathing heavily, about to scream again, but you froze as soon as you heard a small click near your head. You felt something cold and hard pressing against your temple. You gulped, your legs shaking and threatening to collapse under you. *This is it...This is how I die...* you thought, wanting to cry.

The lights suddenly turned back on, nearly blinding you. You found yourself facing B.A.P and the general. Their faces showed shock and horror, seeing you being held hostage by the subleader.

The subleader chuckled, "Oh, how nice is it to turn the events around, isn't it?"

"How...How did he..." Zelo stammered, unsure of how that just happened.

"Let the girl go!" the general ordered, his tall, sturdy stance not so strong looking anymore.

The subleader laughed evilly, cooing, "Aw, look how wimpy and terrified you all are now! As soon as I have a vulnerable little girl in my arms, everyone is so afraid!"

Daehyun was staring right at you, looking into your eyes. You couldn't read what his eyes were trying to express - pain? Terror? A mix of both? Tears slowly welled in your eyes, a lump forming in your throat.

The soldiers suddenly pointed their guns at the subleader, unsure of the general's sudden order.

The subleader noticed and he pushed the barrel harder against your head. You winced in pain. "If you even think about trying to shoot at me, remember that this one dies first."

Yongguk unfroze and went over to the general, saying in a desperate voice, "What do you think you're doing? Tell your men to put their guns down!"

The general said in a monotonous voice, "We can't do anything about it. We've been trying to trace this gang for over ten years, and we finally have them in our sight. We can't let this opportunity to escape."

"So you don't care if a person's innocent life is at stake here?" Yongguk said in a shrill tone. "You don't care if she dies in the process?"

The general didn't answer or even look at Yongguk.

"Actually, how about this? One person dies at my gun, but it's either the girl or you, Yonggukie. You choose," the subleader spoke up. Yongguk looked straight at him, a look of disbelief in his eyes.

"Yongguk! No, don't do it!" you screamed. "Don't be stupid and protect your members!"

Yongguk hesitated a bit before saying in a low voice, "All right. Let her go first. Then you can have me."

"NO!" you shrieked, trying to struggle against the subleader's grip.

"Hey now, if you struggle, who knows what will happen when I accidentally pull the trigger? Walk slowly over to your little Yongguk and don't pull anything funny," he whispered in your ear, sending chills down your spine.

He let go of you, and you did as he told. You walked one foot in front of the other, towards B.A.P. Their eyes were all on you, relief flooding their faces but still tense, looking at the subleader's gun.

Once you got to the other side, the subleader held up a hand and waved him over. "C'mon now, let's not take all day."

"Yongguk - " the general started to say, but Yongguk held up a hand and shook his head. "No. This was our business from the start and I'll end it with our business. You can do whatever you want after this."

He stepped forward and took a shaky breath. He looked back at you and the members. He gave you a weak smile and mouthed something to you. Tears burst out of your eyes as the subleader cocked his gun and pointed it at Yongguk.

"NO!" you screamed, and you ran in front of him, the B.A.P members unable to stop you.

Zelo's eyes widened, his mouth opening to yell for you to stop. Himchan and Jongup's jaws dropped, reaching out to grab you. Youngjae's eyes were tearing and his face showed complete shock at your rash action.

Daehyun's eyes widened as well, and without thinking he ran right behind you. *No, don't do this to yourself! You can't die like this! Not while I'm still alive and while I still love you!* he thought, a desperate look on his face.

The subleader smirked and fired the gun, the gun shot ringing in your ears, with dead silence following afterward.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

GUYSSSSS PLZ COMMENT WHEN YOU READ THE UPDATES TT.TT I need feedback... :3

Anyway, I'd like to say THANK YOU SO MUCH for supporting "One Shot, One Chance"! It was an experimental fanfic for me since I only know how to write cute fanfics (ugh don't even get me started on angst - HATE angst :/)

Please upvote if you haven't yet and please subscribe if you're new to this story! ^^ ~

I love you all! You guys are the best! :P

-supergirl14

p.s.- who do you think dies? :O

Find out in the NEXT UPDATE~~~~~