In a cent

Boys over Towers

 

        Baekhyun was walking down the hallway, clearly annoyed by his friend. “Why the hell do you have leave me though, our houses are in the same direction!” he shouted to himself.

        Obviously, the scandal did not die down. As he stomped the hallways, he could feel the cold, icy glares from the students in the classrooms. For some odd reason, he felt like he deserved these glares, and easily returned them with a smile.

        He had reached the front of the gate, which was blocked by a car stretching far across each side. It had a slick black color but still shone rather bright against the sun.

        He decided to shrug it off and walked towards the right road, the way to his house. He was unsure but he felt the car make small advances from behind him.

        He hastily turned around to confirm if his hunch was true and noticed that the car had moved quite a bit from its original place.

        He shrugged it off again, quickening his pace. Once he got pretty far into the road, he decided to turn around.

        He didn’t see the car in sight. He exhaled loudly and quickly turned back to the road he was on. As he turned, he had collided with a figure—a familiar feeling trickle against his skin.

        Oh . He said mentally. I hit another stranger, which never ends up good. He was nervous, especially after experiencing this several times before. Due to his small stature and constant nervous fidgeting, people would take advantage of him, mug him, or beat him senseless.

        It hadn’t happened in a while but he was still nervous around people he didn’t know, especially strangers from the street.

        “Um?” The person in front of him said. All Baekhyun could see was the really expensive brown shoes the person was wearing and khaki brown pants that went just right above his ankles.

        Quickly recognizing the voice, Baekhyun lifted his head. His expression turned from scared to absolutely terrified. “P-Park Chanyeol…”

        “Hey, Baeyii~” Even if he was showing his toothy, stupid-looking smile, Baekhyun couldn’t help but think of it as captivating as his charming one. He highly preferred the charming one more, though.

        “U-uh…” He couldn’t believe that he had coincidentally bumped into Park Chanyeol, twice. “I-I really have to go.” He finally said as he swiftly stepped to his right, avoiding the hindrance to the path.

        “W-wait!” Chanyeol had caught up even with Baekhyun walking as fast as he could. Damn, that guy’s limbs are long, he thought to himself.

        Baekhyun turned his head to see Chanyeol on his trail. He stopped briskly walking, breaking into a run.

---------------

        Chanyeol had seen Baekhyun make a run for it and decided to run after him. “Why are you running?” Chanyeol shouted, enough for Baekhyun to hear.

        His voice echoed in the street. He hadn’t noticed but they’ve got pretty deep into the town. He saw Baekhyun slip into a small space, leading into a cramped road. Baekhyun had easily made his way through due to his small figure, but Chanyeol knew if he even set a foot inside, he’d be as good as stuck.

        He had backed up a few steps to clarify his place. “Where is this place?” he asked, genuinely curious. He decided to let go of Baekhyun for today. He wanted to confirm for himself if he actually liked this girl, but it seems she wont let him today.

        He shrugged and headed back to the direction of his car.

----------------

        “Tao, Jongin, did you get him?” the boys had gathered at the lounge (again, the one the claimed as theirs) and were comfortably sitting in their preferred sports.

        Luhan bore his teeth, as if he was ready to feast on his prey. “Ah, great, you did!” He was a bit to happy for comfort.

        Sehun stood there, arms both reprimanded with Jongin and Tao on each side. Tao was sporting his usual intimidating look and Jongin look bored. “Here you go. You haven’t told us what you want with him, though.” Jongin said as he threw Sehun to the ground in front of Luhan.

        “And I thought you didn’t like the direct attack, Luhan. Shouldn’t we be doing this to the other girl?” Yixing said as he looked at Sehun’s face closer.

        “Ohhhhh, you are pretty.” He added whilst his lips. “What were you going to do to her?” He turned his head to Luhan.

        He couldn’t quite make out what kind of expression Luhan was making, but it was something between get the away from her and you’re not allowed to touch her.

        “Ok, ok, alright. He’s all yours.” Yixing said as he put his arms in the air. “Don’t tell me your crushing on a girl this time, like Chanyeol over there.” He dumped his thumb towards the mess that was Chanyeol.

        He was sitting on the sofa, randomly changing his expressions from smiling to a straight face, to a dazed one, over and over again.

        “Nope, not into girls.” Luhan said as he turned back to Sehun who had already picked himself up. “I want to talk to this one.” He said. “In private. Come along now.”

        He held Luhan by the arm and dragged him into the room next to the lounge. “Don’t try on eavesdropping, ya hear?!” he finally said as he closed the door from behind him.

        There was a moment of silence between the two. Luhan had folded his arms and was staring intently at Sehun.

        Sehun couldn’t tear his gaze from the smaller, prettier boy in front of him. “You’re really pretty…” he accidentally thought out loud.

        “Excuse me?” he replied, looking a bit annoyed. Sehun couldn’t quite see it in the dark, but he was sure he could make out a light blush of pink across the boy’s cheek.

        “Ok, spill.” The smaller boy said, breaking the silence. “You’re not a girl, am I correct?”

        Sehun froze in his place, he felt like one of the students when the MK would come out and they had formed their own little ice wall across the halls. “What are you saying?”

        “Look, I know a guy when I see one.” He had lifted his arm and was examining his nails. As he looked down, the outlines of his eyelashes were more evident. They were a bit too long for a guy, but Sehun immediately shrugged the idea off.

“So, you’re a guy aren’t you?” he demanded. “Aren’t you?” he asked again, growing more impatient with the boy’s silence.

        Sehun didn’t know what he should reply. If he were to reply yes, he knew the MK would slaughter him and Baekhyun. If he said no, Luhan would just continue to pester him. He gulped down, knowing what he should do. He should say no, and suffer the consequences of being questioned.

        “Yes.” He hadn’t realized that he had answered wrong. “I mean, no.” he immediately said again. “C-can’t you see that I’m a girl?” he awkwardly lifted his hair and twirled it in his hand. This was obviously a bad idea, since he had forgotten that this was a wig. The strands of his wig tangled in his hand and easily ut slipped off.

        There was an awkward silence between the two. “Oh, you’re a girl alright. A dumb one!” Luhan started cracking up.

------------

        Back in the bigger room, the boys could hear Luhan laugh. “What’s happening in there?” Kris said as curiosity got the best of him.  He slowly walked towards the door, with the other boys closely looking as he tried to open the door.

        Chanyeol had left earlier, claiming that he had to “confirm his feelings.”

        As Kris managed to open the door, Sehun had already put his wig back in place and Luhan was clearing a tear out of his eye. “What’re you guys doing?”

        Luhan was looking at Kris, a hand over his stomach. “Oh, Se Kyung just said the funniest joke ever.” He covered.

        All the boys brought their attention to Sehun, and everyone was rather confused on the overly friendly situation in front of them. “Oh, do tell.” Tao said as he nestled his arm against and arm rest.

        There was complete silence, and Sehun started to break into a cold sweat. “U-uh… W-who was the least guilty US president?” he somehow managed to squeak.

        “Who?” Jongin asked, looking more interested than he usually was. All the boys were patiently waiting until Sehun had spoken up. “Lincoln.” Sehun felt more comfortable now.

        “Why?” Yixing said, a confused look on his face.

        “Because… he was in a cent.” Sehun remarked

        There was slight tension in the room. Yixing, Tao and Jongin quietly laughed, but not to an extent of cracking up. There was only one laugh that was painfully loud that it echoed throughout the whole school, Kris.

        “Jesus, In a cent! That is hilarious!” Kris was now on the floor, tears in his eyes. Everyone watched in amazement. Sehun felt proud knowing he made the leader of the MK drop dead.

        This went on for several minutes and Tao had to drag Kris unto the sofa so as to not ruin his uniform.

        “Ok Kris, you can stop now.” Luhan said, annoyance echoing in his voice. “Does this happen a lot?” Sehun asked, slowly exiting the room they were in.

        “Only if it is a really good joke. It’s been months since someone made him laugh. One time, he was so bored he had the whole student body gather at the gym, asking the bravest people to come up and tell a joke. If you weren’t able to make him laugh, you’re out of the school.” Tao explained.

        “Damn.” Sehun said, slowly backing away from Kris. “He can do that?”

        “Only if the student council isn’t around. They listen more to the student council than us, and they only appeared like 3 months ago.” Jongin sighed. “God damn Joon Myun.”

        After a while, Kris stopped laughing and stared into Sehun’s eyes. “I like you.” He remarked.

        “What?!” Luhan shouted. “That’s unfair, Kris! I was first!” he added as he blocked Kris’ sight from Sehun.

        “Oh come on, Luhan. We know you’re never serious with anyone.” Kris said whilst shaking his head in disapproval. “Besides, I don’t like her that way. I just mean she’s gotten on my good side.”

        Both Luhan and Tao had exhaled lightly. Tao immediately realized what he was thinking and coughed awkwardly.

        “But that girl, on the other hand, is still not.” He added. Sehun had gulped when Kris’ expression turned back into a serious one. “What I’m saying is, would you like to be part of the MK, leave the other girl, and live the rest of your highschool life in peace?”

        Sehun’s jaw dropped, this is not going to look good.