Smile

Boys over Towers

 

          They were making so much noise in the cafeteria that they hadn’t noticed a bunch of guys enter the room. “Ehem.”

          The student council had stopped right in front of the rowdy table. “It seems like you guys are having fun.” Suho said as he folded his arms on top of his chest.

          Baekhyun had totally forgotten the deal he had made with the student council. He tried to avoid Suho’s gaze, even if he knew that he was staring right at him. “H-hi.” He managed to let out.

          “What are you guys doing here?” Jongin said, his eyes slanted in disapproval. “Shouldn’t you be off somewhere ‘spreading goodness’?”

          “We are, in fact, ‘spreading goodness’” Do Kyungsoo had said from behind Suho.

          “Oh, you’re out of the hospital!” Jongin was now smiling as he looked at the petrified boy. “I’m glad you managed.” Jongin looked genuinely pleased with Kyungsoo’s recovery, even if he knew that it wasn’t their fault he had been confined to a hospital bed for a month.

          “Your face doesn’t look that bad.” Yixing had slightly stood up and put his face an inch away from Kyungsoo. “Hey!” Jongnin shouted as he pulled the boy’s shirt down back to his seat.

          “What are you doing?!” Yixing was surprised of the sudden impact to the chair, the pang of the metal sending pain down his spine. “Don’t… touch him.” Jongin grumbled, making sure it wasn’t that loud for everyone else to hear.

          “Ehem.” Suho had cleared his throat, breaking the silence that had befallen. “We’re here to talk to Bae Song-ssi.”

          All of the boys eyed him at the same time, confused and annoyed looks on their faces. “What do you want with Baek?” Chanyeol said as he swiftly grabbed Baekhyun from behind and dragged Baekhyun’s chair in between his long legs.

          “Oh, we’re just clarifying a few things.” A boy, who had barely spoken up at all, said as he showed his teeth. He had chubbier cheeks than the rest of the boys. Kim Minseok, secretary, Baekhyun thought to himself. He tried to get a little familiar with the student council when he was in the student council room, but theyw ere never around.

          “What things?” It was Kris who had spoken up, his eyebrows forming “V” shape across his forehead. Even Luhan was glaring at the 4 boys, like a rabid dog who had encountered the mailman on his morning walk.

          “It is none of your business.” Kim Jong Dae, treasurer. “Now, Bae Song-ssi, a word with you.” Suho had spoken up rather impatiently.

          Baekhyun knew what they were going to talk about, and he felt a lump in his throat. What was he going to say to them? That he’s going to have to refuse his offer because he’s finally made friends out of this rich bast- people?

          Baekhyun had swallowed hard and stood up out of Chanyeol’s reach. Everyone eyed him curiously, but he brushed them off and said, “It’s alright, I just have something to talk to them about. You go on to class if I’m late, Jongin and Tao, I’m watching you guys!”

          They stopped at one of the empty classrooms in the building since the council room was too far away and there were only 15 minutes left of lunch. Baekhyun awkwardly followed the boys into the classroom, bracing himself for what the council had to say.

          “So, it seems you’ve gotten really close with the MK now, haven’t you?” Suho was showing his usual genuine smile (no question mark this time, he thinks he really means it.)

          “Y-yeah.” Baekhyun tried to sound confident, but his voice stuttered and he could feel fear rise up in his body. All the boys were eyeing him everywhere, making him feel rather .

          “You’re still going as planned… Am I correct?” Suho sat at the teacher’s ledge and was directly in front of Beakhyun, obviously expecting an immediate “Yes.”

          But Baekhyun thought otherwise. He knows he’d gone through a lot for the past days, but it seemed like a better life with the MK. They weren’t a bunch of rich bastards (well they were rich.) They were a bunch of rich kids who just like messing around (which isn’t a really good description either…)

          “N-no, I’m not going as planned anymore.” He squeaked. It seemed as if Jongdae could hear it for he was giggling.

          “Oh? You’re not?” Suho’s smile turned into a menacing one, a smile that Baekhyun had never seen. “Yes, I’m not. I really like the MK, and would prefer to keep peace in this school rather than to bring them down.”

          Suho’s smile had fully turned into a angry, icy glare. He never even thought the Suho could make a negative expression, with his constant smiles wherever he went (he still preferred Chanyeol’s though.)

          “Well, I guess we’re going to have to bring you back into the shunning list then.” He had a wild look in his eyes, the look of a maniac right before he was to kill a man. “If you don’t go as planned, you’re going to have to suffer the consequences.”

          “I don’t think that’s necessary.” Baekhyun heard a familiar voice from the door behind him. “Baekhyun’s on our side now.”

          The boys in the room had turned their attention to the voice at the door, surprised. It was Kris who had opened it and spoke up, with a worried Chanyeol behind him.

          “Oh, you were listening in to our conversation? That’s rude.” Minseok spat.

          “It seemed like the perfect conversation to listen into, since it was one of a student who finally chose the MK over you sick bastards.” Luhan had crept from behind Kris and was stealing glances at Baekhyun.

          “We know it was you guys who spread those rumors about Do Kyungsoo and Baekhyun.” He sneered as he glared at Kyungsoo who had this expression of guilt across his face. “Frankly, we don’t care. It made the students fear us, and it doesn’t really matter if they like us or not.” Luhan lifted his shoulders, face twisting into a shrugging motion.

          Suho could feel heat rise in his cheeks. He couldn’t say anything; his glare just sent shivers down Baekhyun’s spine. “Now if you’ll excuse us, we have History next, and I don’t think Baekhyun would want to miss that.” Tao had entered the room and grabbed Baekhyun’s arm, dragging him out through the back door.

          Baekhyun had looked back for one last time and could see, not an angry expression on Suho’s face, but a creepy, menacing smile.

--------------

          They didn’t head back to the classroom, but to the lounge instead (much to Baekhyun’s annoyance.) Tao had dumped Baekhyun on the sofa and sat beside the chair on Kris’ left.

          There was silence in the room, and Baekhyun had felt guilty. He was twiddling with his fingers and biting his lower lip. They heard, Baekhyun told to himself. They’ll know you sold them for your freedom.

          “Woah Baekiee, you were so cool back there!” It was Chanyeol who had broken the silence. Baekhyun immediately put his head up and saw that they all had smiles across their faces.

          “You guys aren’t… mad?” he had to clarify this for himself. “I-I sold you off!”

          “Well, you probably did when we were still in conflict.” Luhan was sitting on a very exhausted Sehun’s lap (which made Baekhuyn flinch.) “But you had the courage to actually speak up against that robot that I was convinced otherwise.”

          “Convinced of?” Baekhyun asked, still looking at the slumped-to-the-sofa Sehun.

          “Convinced of the fact that you’re not going to choose the council over us ever again.” It felt like he was being demanded to not have anything to do with the student council.

          “Yeah, I wont.” Baekhyun didn’t felt his voice stammer, because he was highly sure of his decision. “I like you guys.”

          His smile sent warmth through the bodies of every single boy of the room, even Sehun. “Ah, stop doing that.” Yixing pouted.

          “Stop doing what?” Baekhyun said with a surprised face. “I’m not doing anything.” He shrugged.

          “Yes you are, that smile of yours! It’s annoying.” Yixing was rubbing his temples and slumped against the sofa beside Jongin.

          “Don’t mind him, Baekieee.” Chanyeol had wrapped himself around Baekhyun, who felt incredibly uncomfortable with the boy’s limbs puncturing some parts of his body.

          “Ouch, that hurts! Get off me!”

------------------

Ok I may have made a few promises of Taoris and Kaisoo in the next chapter but I had to clear up things with the student council. I promise the next chapter is going to be centralized on Taoris, and probably the next one for Kaisoo.

I'm really sorry about this huhu I'm going to make sure the rest of the story is purely shipping and not angst and not Baekhyun arguing with the boys anymore

Thank you for your lovely comments and the lovely subs! <3

Also, Thanks for reading!