Alliances

Boys over Towers

              Baekhyun had made it to the front of his house and quickly changed into the male uniform. He didn’t tell his parents that he had to dress up as a girl to get into the school, and he was sure as hell wont tell them in the near future. 

           “Mom, Dad, I’m home.” He shouted as he removed his shoes. He ruffled his hair after a long day of wearing a wig. Man, he never felt so relieved in his life.

           “Oh, honey, you’re home.” His mother was sitting at the dining table, holding a cup of coffee while his dad was on the other side, flipping through the channels of the TV. “How was school?” His dad asked after turning down the volume.

           “It was ok, I guess.” He tried to recall any of the events that had happened in the past two days, not recalling anything “ok.”

           “Good.” His mom had replied, sipping coffee from her light blue mug. “Did you make new friends? Aside from Sehun, that is.” She smiled and slowly eyed the bulky bag in Baekhyun’s hand.

           “U-um…” he didn’t want to disappoint his mom on not making any friends. “Yeah.” He smiled, reassuring his mom. “He’s a guy named Park Chanyeol, and Kris, and Luhan…” he was lying. He knew well enough that these guys hated his guts. “Oh, that’s good! You should invite them over one day.”

           “Y-yeah.” Baekhyun returned the smile. “I’m going to go on up, just call me if it’s time for dinner, or if you need any help.” He said as he headed for the stairs.

           Baekhyun had his way to his bed and flopped face down. It was a long day, and he didn’t want to do anything anymore. He slowly drifted into sleep.

-------------

           The next morning, Baekhyun had quickly woken up and left his house. Once he was out, he slipped on his wig and changed to the girl uniform. Within 3 minutes, he was fully transformed into a girl.

           Sehun wasn’t there to greet him and walk with him to school. In fact, he hadn’t seen Sehun since last period yesterday, after he had left ahead of him. “What an .” He mumbled to himself as he headed towards school.

           To Baekhyun’s surprise, Sehun was nowhere to be seen the whole day. “What happened to that guy?” Baekhyun silently asked himself. Even the MK were nowhere to be found. This ended up as a boring day.

           Ding-dong, ding-dong. The PA blared through the whole school. “To Byun Bae Song, your presence is requested at the student council room immediately.” Ding-dong, ding-dong.

           Baekhyun stood there, a bit startled. The voice was recognizable though. It was the Student Council president’s voice. Baekhyun shrugged and headed for the student council room, he wanted to thank President anyway.

           He had finally reached the student council room after 15 minutes. He was panting since it was on the other side of the school. “Why the hell would you place the student council room out of the student’s reach?!” he shouted as he turned the knob.

           The sunlight had blinded him as he opened the door. Once he got a clearer view of everything, it was a rather large room, probably about 4 times the size of the regular classrooms. In the middle of the room was a desk made out of varnished wood, the top covered with several disorderly papers. In front of the table was two sofas placed vertically, and all around the room was paintings and pictures of the past presidents.

           “Bae Song-ssi, good, you’ve come.” The president, Joon Myun, or Suho, was sitting behind the desk filled with papers. The stack of papers was too tall that Baekhyun had to get on his tiptoes to see Suho’s face.

           Suho noticed the struggle in Baekhyun’s face, slowly stood up and walked to the front of the table. For 7 idle minutes, they just stood there. Suho maintained his smile as Baekhyun gave him a puzzled look.

           “Did you… need me?” Baekhyun asked, a bit unsure. “Oh yes, I did.” The older boy said as he kept on smiling. Man, this guy smiles a lot.

           “So, I heard you went against the MK.” He said as he brought out something in his hand. It was Baekhyun’s students profile.

           “U-uh… I’m sorry.” Baekhyun said in panic that he might get kicked out for going against the Mk, or that the Student council was actually on the MK’s side.

           “No, you don’t need to be sorry! I’ve been studying in this school for 3 years, and from those 3 years, we had lost the student council system. It was only 3 months ago that I revived it… and long story short, I’m here now. If I were to say so myself, the student council is way stronger than the MK.”

           Baekhyun couldn’t tell if he was bragging, or something? He was still confused on why he was called. “Why am I here then?” he tried to suppress his impatience.

           “WELL,” Suho suddenly made his voice louder, making Baekhyun flinch. “I’m offering you a job. An unpaid one, of course. Our school forbids any money transactions.” He said as liked his lips.

           “If you’re offering me an unpaid job, how on earth do you believe I would accept?” Baekhyun was human too, and he could say no if he wanted to. “Oh, there’s something in it for you, or course.” He wasn’t looking at Baekhyun but was randomly flipping through his profile.

           “You are to get rid of the MK, and in return, I will personally revoke your public shunning.” He had finally turned to look at Baekhyun.

           “What makes you so sure that it’d be revoked?” He knew the MK’s power over the student body. Maybe if the MK asked one of the students to go jump off a cliff, they would.

           “Oh, trust me.” He then walked to the PA mic and pressed the on air button. Ding- dong, ding-dong. “This is an announcement from your Student Council President.” Baekhyun could see from outside the window, every single student stopped in their tracks. They all just stood there, waiting for the announcement, like, they seriously looked like statues to Baekhyun.

           Suho momentarily cupped the mic and turned to Baekhyun. “So, are you doing it?” he smiled at him, he couldn’t tell if it was genuine or not.

           “A-alright.” Baekhyun hesitated, but he believed in the power of the president. He at least wanted to live a peaceful life, and blame him for wanting friends!
         Suho gave an even bigger, bigger smile and returned to the mic. “This is to publicly announce that I am personally lifting and or revoking any punishment that had been donned on Byun Bae Song from 3-A. This student is to be treated like every other student. The student council will not tolerate any further negative advances on said student. Thank you for your cooperation.” Ding-dong, ding-dong.

           Just like time started again, everyone returned to what they were doing. This school is unbelievable! What are they, god damn robots?! Baekhyun thought to himself whilst looking at the students who were cleaning in the garden, looking totally unfazed about the announcement.

           “With this, I assure you will live normally.” Suho had put down the mic and walk directly in front of Baekhyun. He had extended a hand and patiently waited for Baekhyun to shake it.

           “Do we have a deal?” He said. Baekhyun already got what he wanted, so they shook on it.

--------------

           Thank you for your cooperation. Kris’ Melon milk carton had been completely crushed, forming several wrinkles on the paper.

           “God damn student council, always ruining the fun.” Luhan puffed his cheeks. They had spent the whole day back in the lounge. Sehun had agreed to be part of the MK, and was already sitting in a corner, a dazed expression across his face.

           “What are we going to do now? The students would probably listen to the student council.” Jongin looked even more bored that he looked, sitting rather in an uncomfortable position on the couch.

           “Whatever, we’re still going on as planned.” Kris said as he opened a new carton of Melon milk (well, Tao was the one who had opened it, and given it to Kris.)

           “Are we really?” Yixing saw the motivation in Kris’ face, and it easily answered his question. “Wow, first time we’re going against the student council’s wishes.” He chuckled.

           “We’re still the kings of this school, and we’re not letting some 3-month old organization ruin our streak.” He combed his fingers through his hair. Sehun was watching the scene unfold in front of him and mumbled a small “sorry” in Baekhyun direction. This was going to get ugly. 

-------------------

[04.10.13] Hi hello hehe thank you so much for the new subscribers and those who commented I really appreciate you guys reading this (even if I just randomly type words into a blank document, which i find way more interesting than actually planning stories.)

I'm going to keep this one up since I'm actually having fun writing it, especially because it's a make of my two favorite drama (Boys over flowers and Hana Kimi, if you haven't watched any of these two, I suggest you do.)

Thank you again and I'll update again as soon as I can! :-)