Slap

Boys over Towers

          By the time the two had arrived, the campus was awfully empty. “Where is everyone?” Sehun asked, looking around as they passed the front gates.

          The wandered into the building, still confused of the lack of students gracing the hallways. They decided to shrug it off and walked into the hallways.

          From afar they could see a clump of students gathered at the entrance of the cafeteria.

          “What are they all doing there?” Baekhyun asked, squinting to get a clearer look at what they were all looking at.

          As they made it to the entrance of the cafeteria, as if scripted, the heads of the students turned to them in unison. They all had disgusted looks on their faces, as if they’ve seen two cockroaches at a safe distance.

          Confused, the two had walked closer towards the entrance. The group of students split into two groups, creating a small path for the two to walk through. Their faces remained disgusted, which slowly put shame on Baekhyun’s shoulders. He didn’t really know what he should be ashamed of, though.

          As they reached deeper into the cafeteria, they saw the MK sitting on one of the cafeteria benches while the others were pushed to the side.

          “Ah, here are our main characters.” Kris said as he clasped his hands together. “We’ve been suspecting you.”

          Confused expressions were seen on both Sehun and Baekhyun. “Excuse me?” Sehun managed to say.

          “Well, for your behavior yesterday, we decided to delay it for the rest of the day yesterday, since you are girls. Since our grace period is over, it’s time for punishment.” A mischievous grin spread across Yixing’s face as he announced the fate of the two. “You two will be shunned for the rest of your life here in EXO High.”

          Baekhyun felt his jaw drop after the public announcement. He just started school and he’s already being publicly shunned! He could feel his cheeks flush as he stared at the head down, expressionless Chanyeol.

          “What was that-“ Sehun stepped up, only to be stopped by Baekhyun’s arm.

          “Who gave you any right to tell other people to shun someone just because they sat at your lunch table?!” Baekhyun shouted. This was the first time he shouted in school, he was usually the quiet, fidgety one with Sehun defending himself and Baekhyun.

          Baekhyun walked over to the group of boys, making loud stomps as he neared the table. His head was going dizzy, what was he doing? He couldn’t stop his anger and then it came—he had slapped Chanyeol clean across the face.

          He didn’t understand why he had slapped Chanyeol, why it was Chanyeol he slapped, and how he had the courage in his knees to remain standing.           His knees would have collapsed from underneath him now if he wasn’t so angry. He looked up to see Chanyeol clutching the right side of his face, a surprised expression on his face.

          All the boys, students and even Sehun stared at Baekhyun. Silence fell in the room and a smile slowly crept on Luhan’s face.

          “Pay up!” he said as he extended his arm from behind him, not removing Baekhyun from his range of sight.

          Jongin, Yixing, and Tao sighed, each handing Luhan $40.

          Baekhyun stood there awkwardly, the whole student body staring into his body. He felt shivers down his pine, he felt . After the impact of what he had just done sunk in, he quickly apologized. “I-I’m sorry!” he bowed towards Chanyeol’s direction.

          This was the first time Baekhyun had hurt someone intentionally and physically (aside from Sehun) and he didn’t feel good about it, at all. Especially when he saw Chanyeol’s face. He couldn’t quite make out what expression he was making. It was between awe-struck, confusion and maybe a hint of why the did you just hit me.

          But Baekhyun knew he couldn’t turn back now. There was no way on rewinding he just did. He knew he was dead, and he deserved to be shunned.

          He closed his eyes shut. I was going to do my best at this school. He thought to himself.  I was going to make my parents proud, not proud of the fact that their son got into an expensive school without needing to pay (since he got in by chance and connections) but because he graduated this school.

          After a while of self-loathing, he could hear the school bell ring, ding-dong, ding-dong. “To all students, please return to your classrooms. This is an order from your Student Council President.” The PA blared.

          After hearing the voice, the students began to disperse as if nothing had happened. The MK remained seated, their surprised turned to bored ones. Baekhyun felt his heart sink; this student council president was his savior. He made a mental note to look for him and thank him, even if he didn’t know what he was being thanked for.

          He slowly backed away from the group, avoiding Chanyeol’s gaze. Once he had fully turned around, he grabbed Sehun’s wrist and left the cafeteria.

---------------

          “What was that?” Sehun said, happily trailing by Baekhyun’s side. They were being stared to the marrow by the students in the classroom, but Baekhyun didn’t care anymore. He had done this himself, and he practically couldn’t care less if the students didn’t want to make friends with him.

          “I… Don’t know.” He hastily shrugged and stormed through the corridor towards his homeroom. “It just happened.”

          “That doesn’t ‘just happen’! Did you see the look on that guy’s face? It was hilarious!” He looked happy. “But why didn’t you do it to that guy with the surfboard eyebrows, that, uh… Kris?” He said as he tried to recall the name. “Or that boy that feels like he’s so pretty.” Sehun puffed his cheeks and hissed the name ‘Luhan.’

          He could hear Sehun’s manly voice returning and he quickly put a finger against Sehun’s mouth. “You’re guy voice is showing.” He whispered. They were trying their best to keep their voices girly, but Sehun was too engrossed in victory that he had slowly lost his cover.

          The thing with Sehun and Baekhyun is that they were slender and prettier than any girl that no one would suspect they were guys. Baekhyun was rather short for a guy too, so it made him look more feminine that he already was.

          “I’m sorry but what you did in there was really daebak. I didn’t know you had it in you, bro.” He said whilst nudging Baekhyun a bit too hard, sending him crashing into the wall. He let out a small sigh and continued towards his classroom.

---------------

          The day went on normally, there was no other announcement from the MK or the student council, and the teachers cared the least about what was going on in the school.

          The clock hit 3 and the bell rang. Baekhyun exhaled like he’d been holding his breath for the whole day, which kind of felt that way. He though he’d be dead by the end of the day, in the hands of some girl’s newly nail-filed claws or beat to death by a bunch of guys.

          He quickly grabbed his notebooks and pencil case, stuffing them into his bag. “Sehun, let’s go.” He said as he turned to the boy who was supposed to be sitting beside him, but to his surprise, he had disappeared.

          That ing jerk left me again. He thought to himself. How many times will you do this to me, ?! He angrily kicked the leg of his table and exited the room.

----------------

          “Woah, I can’t believe someone actually slapped one of us in the face.” Luhan was still laughing his off at the lounge (which was for the whole student body to use that MK claimed.) “And it was Chanyeol too!!” He was grinning into the money in his hands.

          “Ugh, she had to slap the one that cost the most.” Jongin angrily said as he bounced the ball against the wall.

          “When she went towards the table, I swore she was going to slap Kris. My heartbeat kind of increased there! Kris was only worth 5 bucks.” Luhan was congratulating him in his victory.

          “Why am I only worth 5 bucks?” Kris said as he turned his head from the sofa towards Luhan’s direction.

          “You are the leader, most people would hate you the most. And Chanyeol over there is the most innocent looking, and probably the nicest one out of all of us.” Luhan chuckled while pointing towards Chanyeol with his thumb.

          “I was worth $30, Yixing and Tao were both 25$ and Jongin was $20.” He added.

          Chanyeol was sitting in an upright position, his hand still over the spot he was slapped. He was grinning to himself, a little too much.

          “Oh my god Chanyeol, are you a masochist?” Luhan said as he laid belly down on the sofa Chanyeol was sitting on.

          “I’m not…” Chanyeol was in a daze. He was never slapped before. He never felt this much pain since his parents would always baby him. “That was the first time I was slapped, ever.” He was still grinning.

          “Yep, you’re definitely a masochist.” Luhan remarked. “But, are you serious? This is a girl. A girl, Chanyeol.” Chanyeol never usually went for girls, but he wasn’t fully gay either. “I don’t know, I’m finding myself kind of attracted to her.” Chanyeol said as he re-imagined Baekhyun’s face in his mind.

          “Well, you’re going to have to let go of that face.” Yixing said as he hopped off the table he was lying on. “Kris isn’t too happy about that girl. Neither am I. No one has had the guts to even look at us, let alone slap one of us.” Yixing chuckled while ruffling his hair.

          “Oh well, whatever. It’s probably going to go away, anyway.” Chanyeol said as he slowly brought his hand down. He was unsure if he actually liked this girl, maybe because she was girl, that’s why he believed his feelings could easily disappear.

          “But really, why did she slap you Chanyeol? Did you do anything to her? Gasp! Maybe she likes you and was mad because you weren’t standing up for her… or something like that?” Luhan was silently trying to suppress his laughter. He had only ever seen scenes like that in dramas, and he found them utterly ridiculous.

          “Alright, enough of this talk.” Kris said, standing up from the sofa. “Oh, jealous, are we Kris?” Luhan jeered.

          Tao had looked up at Kris. Maybe he was jealous of that girl, jealous of the amount of attention Chanyeol was giving her. Tao immediately shrugged this off and returned to reading the book he had in hand, still disturbed by his thoughts.

          “Why don’t we go to class?” everyone stared at Kris as if they thought he was joking. Kris returned their gazes with an utterly serious one. “Oh, you’re serious?” Jongin said, surprised at Kris’ expression.

          “Of course I’m serious. Jongin, Tao, aren’t you classmates with our new friends? Let’s play this game a little further, shall we?”

          In unison, the ends of the mouths of the boys slowly rose and they had all mischievous smiles playing on their faces.

          “You can’t run.” 

------------------

I really appreciate those who subscribed and commented hehe thank you thank you i'll try my best to update as soon as I can. :D

I had written this story for a while so the first three chapters were already done and just needed editing, so they're up as soon as I publish.

The other chapters, on the other hand, are going to have to wait OTL writer's block!!!

alright thank you again!