Goodbye

Boys over Towers

 

“Baekhyun… Marry me.”

Baekhyun stood there, his forehead leaning against Chanyeol’s chest. He could feel Chanyeol’s heartbeat grow faster as he said it, and felt himself doing the same too. “What?” Baekhyun said, eyes wide as he stared up at the giant’s eyes.

“I said, marry me.” He had a serious face, the kind of face he makes when he plays Mario kart, trying his best to beat Jongin. Baekhuyn could only stare in reply, him unable to say anything at the sudden proposal. He could only feel the heart flare up in his cheeks, as Chanyeol wouldn’t let go of him.

“I-I…” Baekhyun bit his lip. If I were to say yes, would he stay? Baekhyun immediately shrugged the idea off. Of course not. If I do marry him, I’m going to hold him back. Baekhyun was looking down at his feet, his shoes all worn out from wearing it everyday.

“I can’t.” Baekhyun blatantly said, lowering his head to best hide his frown. He pushed back his tears, not wanting to let go of Chanyeol. He had missed his skin brushing against him that he was selfish enough to want to keep it to himself. “I-I can’t now.” He added

Chanyeol’s expression twisted from sadness to a grin. Baekhyun looked up, hoping he wasn’t angry. He was greeted by the dependable close-mouthed smile Chanyeol, the smile he hadn’t really preferred. He put up his hands and pulled Chanyeol’s lips apart, making him show his teeth. “This is the smile I prefer, the stupid, toothy, twitchy one.” He said as he gave one himself, unable to tear his gaze from Chanyeol.

Chanyeol had the urge to scoop the boy in his arms and bring him to America with him, but he knew that it would be unfair. He knew how much he’d taken from Baekhyun’s time to prepare for college exams, and he felt horrible. But he knew he was selfish if he said that he’d take care of Baekhyun for the rest of his life, as long as he stays by his side. He knew that this wasn’t the life Baekhyun wanted, and knew he had better things ahead of him.

“Alright.” He lifted a hand and moved the hair from his forehead, giving it a light kiss. “I love you Byun Baekhyun, and I’ll come back for you. For now, don’t go around cheating on me! You’re mine!” A helicopter ladder appeared from behind Chanyeol, him immediately clinging unto it and letting it carry him along with it.

Baekhyun stood there in amazement, a wide grin spreading across his face. “What if I fall in love with someone else?” He put his cupped hands to his mouth and shouted. “Then you’re dead!”

The helicopter had flown towards the direction of the airport, and Baekhyun knew that he’d see Chanyeol again. For now, he’s going to do his best for the upcoming exams, get into a good college, and meet Chanyeol once again, better and wiser than he was before.

-------------

“Byun Baekhyun! Get down here! You’ll be late for school!” Baekhyun groggily opened his eyes, scratching them to attempt to further wake himself up. He walked towards the closet, revealing a new uniform hanging in amongst his clothes. He quickly took it out, slipping the pair of pants, the shirt, and the blazer. He fixed his hair in the mirror, grabbed his backpack and ran downstairs.

“Baekhyun! It’s already been 3 months since you’ve gotten into Hanyang, and you’re still getting up late!” His mother said as she held the plates and laid them on the table. “Oh, no, I’m sorry. I was talking to my son. Yes, I can make it in today.” She said to the phone that was resting in between her head and her right shoulder.

Baekhyun shrugged and grabbed a piece of toast, pulled his mother’s arm and kissed her cheek, nodded to his dad and made a run for it. “Yah, Byun Baekhyun! Have a proper meal!”

He was sprinting, making his way to the bus stop before he was left behind. When he got there, the bus still wasn’t present. He found himself looking up at the sky, smiling as he did. “Yah, Park Chanyeol. I got into Hanyang University, full scholarship. I wonder how you’re doing?” He said to himself, chuckling at his words.

He got into the bus when it arrived, and saw Sehun sprinting for it. He thought Sehun wouldn’t make it, but miraculously made it before the doors shut. “Safe.” He said as he exhaled loudly, looking around if Baekhyun made it too. Baekhyun waved and Sehun immediately saw the boy amongst the rowdy bus goers, squeezing in between them to make his way beside Baekhyun.

“You know, I kind of feel without a wig now.” He said smiling, looking up at his forehead. “And skirts are definitely better than pants.” Baekhyun found himself smiling at the boy’s remarks.

“Be careful, I don’t want to be best friends with a permanent crossdresser.” Baekhyun chuckled, eyeing Sehun from top to bottom. “Hey, sorry, but I don’t swing that way.” He said as he brought out his phone, hearing it ring in his pocket.

“Yeah, right, ‘you don’t swing that way.’” He mocked. It was undeniably a text from Luhan, who had briefly returned to China after graduation. It was painfully sappy, Sehun unable to let go of Luhan as he clung to him in the airport, tears in his eyes. He kept saying “Sehun… Sehun… I don’t want to leave you… Come with me…” It was awkward for everyone, especially because Luhan’s parents were present too.

To everyone’s surprise, Luhan’s parents seemed to be treating Sehun as family. Like Luhan and him were already mentally married. He eventually left, promising to keep in touch and to return soon. Sehun couldn’t get over it; he was depressed for the first month, even after he got the acceptance letter to the same university as Baekhyun.

“Shut up.” Sehun said jokingly as he dialed Luhan’s number. “Yeah? Did you just wake up?” He was smiling through the whole conversation, making Baekhyun feel a bit envious. He hadn’t received a call from Chanyeol at all, and they never really promised to all and text each other everyday. He sighed, kind of hoping that Chanyeol would surprise him one of these days, sweep him off his feet and live happily ever after.

Jongin had gotten into a dance academy, much to his parent’s dismay. They went on and on about how dance wasn’t a career choice for someone as wealthy as him, but he ignored them. He said he’d take over the business when he’s done, making his parents get over it. He and Kyungsoo started dating again, Kyungsoo attending Seoul National University.

Tao took over his father’s business, returning to China along with Luhan. Kris wasn’t in favor of it, but he too had to return to Canada to attend the university his father forced him into. In the end, these two are still very complicated, and seem to be contacting each other regularly.

A lot happened, Suho got into Harvard (gasp?), Yixing had already taken over his father business, Minseok and Jongdae are both attending College. Baekhyun one-sidedly promised Chanyeol that he’d graduate and find him soon, hoping that he could see that big idiot’s face one more time. 

FIN.

------------------

Hi hello yeah uh this is very awkward since I suddenly ended a story I thought i'd stretch to as far as chapter 50. But i really find the studying part of my life as the boring part of my life (my peronsal opinion lol) so I really want to start writing something where they're out of school and about and hotter than they were in school like yo whaddup predebut days

I really appreciate the people who had read it from start to finish and the people who were around since the start and were commenting leaving really lovely ones at that. I am very grateful that you gave my (y) story a try, subscribed, and upvoted! I really like some stories in AFF, and didn't really expect at least 100 subs and 20 upvotes and 4000 reads and other stuff and yeah lol

I'll start getting on to BOT2 and start uploading as soon as I can. So if you like BOT, I'm going to make BOT2 better than BOT, make the chapters longer and less shallow and something worthwhile, please look forward to it!

Thank you and see you all!!!!!! BOT Signing off xoxo 

MY SEQUEL IS UP!!!!!!!!! HERE HEHE BOYS OVER TOWERS 2