I've got you!

Boys over Towers

 

          “Did you see how terrified that girl looked!” Luhan was cracking up. “New students or not, they really should know their place.”

          “I don't know, that girl was really pretty.” Bird’s nest boy, or, Chanyeol said as he sip from his drink.

         “Ohhhhh, what’s this? Is Park Chanyeol finally interested in a girl?” Luhan teased. “Poor Kris, he’s finally out of your sights, huh?”

         “Excuse me, Kris was never in my sights.” Chanyeol sighed. “Kris is a ing , that’s why.” He said while pointing a slice of the peeled tangerine towards Kris’ direction.

         “I’m right here, you jerk.” Kris replied while smacking Chanyeol in the head with a book. “Whatever. Those girls don’t know what they’re in for. Do they think we’d let them off just like that?” he added, flipping through the pages of the book.

         “Ohhhhhhhh, are we going to mess them up too?” Luhan said, his tongue sticking out as if thirsting for a new target. Kris had lightly nodded with a grin without turning his gaze towards Luhan.

         “When, when, when?” Luhan hopped like a crazy hyena. Kris shrugged and stood from his seat. “In due time.”

--------------

         “Ugh, those s!” Sehun and Baekhyun had made their way to their classrooms for the next period. “Just because they’re filthy ing rich bastards, doesn’t mean they can do whatever they want!” He shouted at the top of his lungs.

         “Sehun, I think you shouldn’t shout, we’re attracting attention…” and attracting attention they were. The students in the hallways were giving them dirty looks, and getting on MK’s bad side, Baekhyun they weren’t exactly a positive topic for gossip.

         After Sehun had calmed down, they entered the classroom. Earlier, Baekhyun was praying to the heavens (he wasn’t actually religious or anything) that he wouldn’t be in the same class as any of those boys from earlier, especially the boy who had given him a creepy look earlier. Alas, it seems his prayers weren’t answered.

         “Good Morning class. These are our new students. Yeah, that’s it.” The teacher said, looking rather bored. “Go ahead and introduce yourself.”

         “I-I’m Byun Baek- ah, Bae Song.” Baekhyun said gingerly as he bowed 90 degrees. “Oh Sehun.” Sehun said annoyed. He was too busy looking at the 2 boys sitting at the back of the classroom, obviously not paying attention to their introduction.

         “Why are we in the same class?!” Sehun mumbled. Sehun sat on the empty chair on the fourth row right in front of Jongin, with Baekyun following on the seat beside it, right in front of Tao.

         “We’d like to ask the same thing.” Tao had his hands in his pocket and was boring holes into the back of Baekhyun’s skull. Baekhyun shivered, slowly turning his head to the right.

         “Don’t think we’ve left you off the hook, girls.” Jongin whispered into Sehun’s ear from behind, causing Sehun to flinch.

         Sehun moved his seat a bit forward, slowly colliding with the one in front of him. He let out a small ‘sorry’ and clenched his knuckles. “I already regret this.”

--------------

         The day went on and Sehun and Baekhyun finally made it to their last class, still miraculously in one piece. It was History and slowly Baekhyun found his eyelids closing shut.

         By the time Baekhyun had woken up, he was alone in the classroom. “S-Sehun?” Baekhyun said horrified. He had looked up to look at the watch hanging on the blackboard, it read 6:00 pm. 6:00 PM?! Baekhyun hurridly stood up and ran for the door.

         The hallways were lightless, making Baekhyun stop in his tracks. “I-I’m fine. I’m not afraid of the dark. You can do this, Baekiiee!”

         He walked the corridors slowly, clutching the wall as he passed. Questions rose in his mind along with you Sehun, you!!!!

         From the end of the hallway Baekhyun could hear a moan. “Uhhhhhhhh….” It echoed, making him weak in the knees.

         “W-who’s there?” He stuttered. Should he be really asking who was there? Should he want to know? Shouldn’t he be running for his life?

         “N-nevermind, please continue what you’re doing.” He may be curious, but he was polite. He his heel and walked towards the other way.

         Right as he turned, he had collided with a dark figure. Horrified, he stood frozen. He and the shady figure stood still there for at least a minute. Slowly, Baekhyun lifted his head to look up. Once he saw it was too dark to see, he quickly bowed his head once again.

         The figure was tall, he thought to himself. If he were to be chased by it after he made a run for it, he’d definitely catch up. If he were to kick it anywhere it would hurt, he might’ve hurt an innocent person. What if it eats him? What if he murders him and buries his body some place where no one can find him?

         The time went on, Baekhyun silently thinking of how the person/thing in front of him would kill him and erase his existence on the planet.

         “Um… Excuse me?” the person finally said. Baekhyun slowly lifted his head. This is it, he thought, I’m going to die. I’m sorry mom, I’m sorry dad. I’m such a bad son!!

         “Hey… If you’re just going to stand there, terrified, I suggest you get out of the building. It’s incredibly dark.” The person spoke up again. Baekhyun’s heart rate slowed and he let out an exasperated sigh.

         “U-um, I’m sorry.” He coughed awkwardly. “I fell asleep during class and no one bothered to wake me up-“ Baekhyun stopped as he now clearly saw the figure in front of him. The moon was fully out and the moonlight shone on the figure’s body. He had a long limbs, strong looking shoulders, and a familiar smile that looked so reassuring that you’d immediately calm down after looking at him.

         “Oh, cafeteria!” the boy remarked, his charming smile turning into a stupid looking one. “Y-you’re…!”

         It was Park Chanyeol, the boy who had shot him creepy smiles back at the cafeteria, someone from the MK.

         “P-Park Chanyeol…” Baekhyun said as he felt more terrified of the boy than the darkness and what hides within it.

         “Oh, you remember me!!” His smile growing even wider and stupider. “But, why are you still here? It’s 6 pm. Students don’t really like hanging around school past 4, especially not girls.” As he spoke, his eye twitched. He looked like someone who was ready to kill a person at any moment.

         “I-I… fell asleep… and… Se Kyung didn’t… wake me up…” Baekhyun was backing away slowly due to Chanyeol’s small space advances.

         “Why are you backing away, Baeyii?” Chanyeol said as he moved in closer until Baekhyun hit the wall, putting his backing away to a halt.

         “Uh… Uh… Bye!!!!!!!” Baekhyun made a run for it. He headed for the main exit of the school and ran through the gate, ultimately confusing the guards. He had stopped to catch his breath and fix his almost-falling-off wig when he had reached the street and turned to look if Park Chanyeol followed him.

         When he saw he was alone, he sighed and walked towards the direction of his house.

-------------

         “OH SEHUN!” Baekhyun was standing in front of Sehun’s door, slamming into the wood. Sehun’s parents were never home so he couldn’t care less about disturbing anyone early in the morning—aside from Sehun that is.

         The door had opened up at Baekhyun’s 4th shout, revealing a groggy and half asleep Sehun. “What…” he said whilst scratching his right eyes.

         “You ! You left me in school yesterday! I thought we were friends! How could you leave me like that! You could have at least woken me up!” Baekhyun exploded. Sehun flinched and quickly grabbed Baekhyun, pulling him into his house.

         “A-are you an idiot?! You’ll wake the neighbors!” Sehun said as he cupped Baekhyun’s mouth with his. “Mfmfmmmfmfm!!!!!” Baekhyun said from under Sehun’s hand.

          “And I didn’t leave you! I was going to wake you up when one of the girls had blocked my way. They said they’d be the one to wake you up because they wanted help with the lesson earlier. I thought it was a way for you to make more friends, so I just let it go and went on home.” He said as he slowly removed his hand from Baekhyun’s mouth.

         “W-what? No one woke me up! By the time I woke up, it was ing 6 pm!” He started bursting again, making Sehun cover his mouth once more.

         “Shhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! I’ve already made the neighbors call on the police the last time I had a party when my parents weren’t home because I made too much noise!” he begged.

         “Ok, alright, fine.” Baekhyun said as he lifted his arms in the air. “I’m just saying that you shouldn’t leave me with a bunch of unknown girls, especially when we’re at the bottom of the social classes right now.” He sighed.

         “What do you mean, bottom of the social classes?” Sehun asked, eyebrow raised.

         “I mean, we got on “the MK’s” bad side by sitting on their table yesterday and judging by the glares from the other students, we wont be making any friends until this scandal dies down!” Baekhyun exclaimed.

         “Oh, that.” Sehun’s facial expression turned into a bored one. “I don’t really care about them, and I don’t really want to make friends at the moment either. I just want to graduate this school. When I told my parents I got in, they couldn’t stop smiling, over the phone that is.”

         Baekhyun didn’t know how people smile over the phone, but this was the first time he saw Sehun look like he wanted to do something for a change. He sighed and let his anger disappear.

         “Ok whatever. Let’s get to school. Go get dressed.” Baekhyun said as he headed for the mirror to fix his wig that was horribly messed up in his anger.