Neglect

I'll Play Your Game [Age Is But A Number]

Hyemi got to school that day, only to realize that it's been more quiet than usual. She had realized in homeroom that Daehyun hadn't said a word to her or even followed his routine of walking up to her and slamming his hands on her desk to say hi. Everytime that Hyemi tried to talk to him, he wouldn't look at her or hear her. Hyemi wasn't sure if he genuinely did not hear her or he was ignoring her for some reason.

But what? I didn't do anything to him. Maybe something happened at home.

Another student in homeroom walked up to Daehyun and said, "Heyy Daehyun, I saw you with your girlfriend together yesterday. You guys are mad cute together"

Daehyun murmered some words that Hyemi couldn't hear and she turned around before she would be a target in the conversation.

Something is up with Daehyun. Relationship problems? No. She saw how happy he was about her. Theres nothing wrong with their relationship.. as much as I dont approve of it. Is it school? Grades? Not that he cares about that stuff... what is it then.....

---

During taekwondo, Daehyun didnt even show up to practice.

"Hey Yeongie... where's Daehyun?"

Yeongie looked at Hyemi. "Why do YOU care?"

"Uh......" Hyemi's words were caught in and she had no idea what to say

"Nahhh I'm just kidding. Not sure. Maybe he has something to do, somewhere to go?"

"Oh i see..."

"Why?" Yeongie looked at Hyemi, puzzled.

"Oh nothing.. it's nothing.."

"Okay!" Yeongie happily shrugged and went to do warm ups.

Meanwhile, five minutes later, Hyemi heard a group of girls talking about Daehyun. She walked slowly near them and looked in another way, pretending to watch people practice while eavesdropping on them. She heard one girl talking extremely loud.

"Hey did you hear what happened to Daehyun? I heard he and his girlfriend got into a fight. Apparently Sunny messed up and cheated on him with another kid at her school. I mean, I totally saw this coming. How can relationships like that even work out?"

"Not to mention she's soooo young for him. So.. does that mean Daehyun's single now?" another girl insisted.

"I dont know. Probably. I heard that Sunny confessed everything to Daehyun saying that she can't deal with having a relationship with him because he never sees her and that she's fallen for someone else in her class.

Oh my god... It WAS relationship issues... Only the other day, I thought they were doing fine. They had cute little pictures together and lovey dovey statuses about each other. Cheating? SUNNY and not Daehyun got caught for it? Daehyun shouldn't be the one to judge since he's basically doing the exact same thing. Hyemi felt a little bad for Sunny because she was the one who got in trouble and Daehyun got away scott-free.  But why was Daehyun so upset about it if he was cheating in a way too..

Yeongie ran up to Hyemi half panting. "Hey did you hear? Apparently Daehyun is single now because he and his girlfriend got in a fight.!!"

"Yeah Yeongie I know. I just heard it. You think that's why he's not here?"

"Definitely! I wouldn't want to be here if I was him. Are you kidding me??!? I just hope he'll be okay", Yeongie frowned.

Hyemi looked at Yeongie's face, searching for any signs that she had any feelings for Daehyun. But at the  moment, all she could see was concern in her eyes.

"Yeah.. I hope he's okay too..."