Is this a dream?

I'll Play Your Game [Age Is But A Number]

**2 days later**

"Hyemi!!! Hey!", Yeongie ran over to Hyemi holding on to a jacket. "Hey have you seen Daehyun? This idiot left his jacket at my place again......."

"Oh? Haven't seen him yet... did he go over to your place again? Project?" Dont you dare lie to me Yeongie.

"Actually no... the project was due yesterday. Daehyun just wanted to come over... I have no idea why though. Something about feeling lonely?"

Lonely?

"Hyemi you should really come over sometime! We could have a movie night together or study date. Just the three of us! How fun would that be? Or we can all go out somewhere!" Yeongie clapped her hands together.

"Woahhhh Yeongie slow down, when did you get so close to Daehyun?"

Yeongie gave Hyemi a puzzled look. "Well I've been friends with him for a while.. it's just that we've drifted so much as time went on. I guess this was our moment to reconnect. When he came over, we talked about all the good times in middle school.. They were nice memories. Oh Hyemi, if only you went to middle school with us, we could've had a nice time together. Imagine that. The three of us."

If only... I would've been able to get to Daehyun before Sunny...

"Anyways. I have to get this jacket back to Daehyun, see ya later Hyemi!"

--

*At lunch*

Huh.. its awfully quiet today.... Where's Yeongie? If she wasn't gonna come to lunch she should've told me instead of letting me wait for her like an idiot.

Hyemi checked her watch, ten minutes had passed and Yeongie hadn't showed up yet. She doesn't normally do these things. Where can she possibly be?

Hyemi texted Yeongie 'Hey where r u'. Five minutes passed and there was no response. She resorted in calling Yeongie. Eight, nine rings, no answer. Hyemi hung up and decided to just head to the library since there was no point in eating alone. On her way to the library, Hyemi spotted Yeongie walking with Daehyun. She ditched me for Daehyun? Hyemi hid at the corner, watching them. She was too far to hear what they were saying but she could see Yeongie and Daehyun laughing and smiling. When they finally parted, Hyemi screamed after Yeongie.

"Yeongie!!!! Yah! What happened? Why didnt you meet me for lunch? I called and texted you.. no reply?" Hyemi asked curiously.

"Huh?" Yeongie took out her phone and checked for calls. "Theres nothing here though... maybe no signal?"

"And why are you with Daehyun?!?! Ditching me for him? Huh?" Hyemi teased.

"Well actually.... right before lunch he asked me to meet with him", Yeongie said solemnly.

"Huh? Why though?"

"I didnt know at first either. I found it kind of strange, but I went with him anyways. I meant to call you but then I thought you had something to do today anyways so I didnt bother.. sorry about that."

Hyemi shouted, "YOU'RE NOT ANSWERING MY QUESTION!! WHAT HAPPENED??!!"

"Oh.. oh yeah", Yeongie blushed, "I guess this probably says it all." Yeongie held her hand out to Hyemi to see. On her finger was a plain silver band.

"OH MY GOSH WHAT IS THAT!!!!?!?!!?", Hyemi's jaw dropped into an o-shape and grabbed Yeongie by the shoulders. "Tell. Me. Everything."

"Okay okay. So I didn't see Daehyun until the period before and when I gave him his jacket back, he just looked at me, sighed and told me to meet him during lunch outside the room. And then I guess it just happened.. He asked me out. And like I told you before... I MIGHT have liked him.. I mean. Me and Daehyun. We just have so much history together you know? And he was so sweet about it too. How can I resist Hyemi? Have you looked into those eyes. I can't say no to him and I think that the past few days together really sparked everything... I guess I was kind of wrong.. maybe he didnt like you? I hope that didn't sound mean...."

"Wow... uhmm I dont know what to say..."

"You can start by being happy for me?" Yeongie looked at Hyemi with wide eyes.

"Oh yeah. Congrats Yeongie. Really. I'm happy for you", she gave Yeongie a half-hearted hug.

"I mean look at the bright side. I'll have an admirer for Valentines Day after all! Thank you so much for supporting me Hyemi, you really are such a good friend. I couldn't ask for anyone better", Yeongie pulled Hyemi into another hug.

Wow Daehyun made his move faster than I thought. It's only been 2 days and he managed to ask her out. But of course, Daehyun DOES have those charms, no girl could say no to him. I mean even all the girls in taekwondo couldn't stay away from him. They're all over him. Yeongie falling for Daehyun is no surprise at all. But wow that's it. I lost Daehyun. I lost him for good.