Safe..... for now

I'll Play Your Game [Age Is But A Number]

Hyemi walked through the halls in the morning, still shaking from what Daehyun had told her the day before. Should I tell Yeongie? Warn her of what's gonna happen? Hyemi opened her locker and stuffed her head inside.  What do I do... my life is in ruins.

"Hey Hyemi!!!"

Hyemi jumped. "Oh my god Yeongie... you scared me..."

"Why so bummy looking today?"

"Ehh.. nothing really. Just tired I guess."

"Girl you need to sleep more and stop doing whatever you do at home."

"I will. I will." Should I tell her?

"Oh hey, did you see Daehyun today?" Yeongie questioned.

"Uhh....."Oh my god, why is she asking... could he have made his move already??? "No, why?"

"Oh nothing.... he just left his jacket at my house."

HOUSE? Oh god. Oh god. He probably DID tell her already... but... why isn't Yeongie talking about it? She's so open.... she'd never keep this a secret from me. Well it doest hurt to try and find out. "So.... why was Daehyun at your house yesterday?"

"Hmm?? Oh we were just doing a class project together, no big deal."

No shes lying to me. That's definitely not true. Daehyun must have said something.

"Jeez Hyemi.. you okay??" Yeongie gave Hyemi a suspicious look. "Anyways, see you around."

---

"Psttt Hyemi!!"

Hyemi looked up to see Daehyun. "Yeah? What's up?"

"So.. I tried taking your advice, and I got to spend some time with Yeongie yesterday.. but I couldn't bring myself to ask her out.. I mean... It doesn't seem like she likes me.. and I can never be sure confident or sure about it."

"Oh yeah.. I guess you cant be too sure.."

"Something wrong? Hey, Hyemi if you don't wanna help me, I totally get it, I can do this on my own. I know it may be awkward because you guys are friends and all", Daehyun shyly noted.

 "Huh? No! It's fine really."

"Oh okay..! Oh and next week is Valentines Day... you think I should make my move then? What should I get her?"

"Uhhhh.. I dont think Yeongie is a picky person, but dont give her something like flowers and chocolate... she doesn't really like that kind of stuff... neither to I though.. its really stereotypical.. But dont buy something too expensive either, that makes them feel bad."

"Ohhh I see. Wow, I did NOT know that. Thanks Hyemi, you're a lot of help. I hope our conversation doesn't make you feel lonely though, I'm sure some nice boy will come around and find you okay?!"

Hyemi smiled at Daehyun, "Okay".

"You're a nice girl, dont worry," Daehyun patted her head and got up just as the bell rang.

Nice girl, yeah right. That's why you love Yeongie right? Because I'm a nice girl but she's even better. Oh well..... Its not like I can fight it. At least I'm safe for now since Yeongie doesn't look like she has feelings for him and Daehyun isnt so sure about her either. I have until Valentines Day to sort things out.. after that, it's game over.. I have exactly....... four days. Oh great... 

"Heyy Hyemi!!!!" Yeongie ran over in the halls and threw her arm around Hyemi's neck. "It's almost Valentines Day!!!!!! I'm soooo excited. Can't wait to see all those boys carrying gifts for their girls you know? I wonder if there's any sercret admirers this year!"

"Oh Yeongie, everyone loves you. Of course you're gonna get something!"

"Haha you don't know that. And who knows, maybe Daehyun has a little surprise for you", Yeongie winked.

"You're hilarious Yeongie, I'm pretty sure the odds of him liking me are smaller than him liking you", Hyemi slipped a hint.

"Oh? Hm... who know's if he likes me... maybe I'd like him too! I don't know. We'll see when the day comes!"

Hyemi gently shoved Yeongie's shoulder. "Quit that", Hyemi laughed, "Go to class!"

"Okay okay!!"

'Maybe I'd like him too'? Is this girl crazy?? HE'S MINE. Let's hope she DOESN'T like him back and then Daehyun would have no choice but to move on. Yes.. let's hope that's what happens.