The Next Day...

I'll Play Your Game [Age Is But A Number]

Hyemi stared down at the hall, watching the other students walk by with their friends. At the corner of her eye, she caught a glimpse of Daehyun and Yeongie walking hand in hand. This was the first time that Yeongie hadn't run up to her in the morning and said her hellos. Is this really it? Have I lost my friend AND my crush for good? Everything seemed to distant to be put into place. Yeongie had been one of her closest friends since freshman year, she can't lose her like this.

Hyemi went to her locker silently, getting the books she needed for class, even though she could care less at the moment. She looked inside her locker, the inside door where she and Yeongie's pictures hung. Hyemi remembered that time, it was Yeongie's birthday and they had gone to the movies and afterwards went to the photobooth to take some pictures. That was one of the  most enjoyable days that they had together.

"Hey Hyemi!"

Hyemi turned around, startled, as she saw Yeongie, "Oh hey", she smiled at her friend who was still clutching hands with Daehyun. Yeongie only passed by for a few seconds before turning her head away and continuing to chat with Daehyun.

Hyemi stared at both of them. They looked so happy together it would be a shame if Hyemi got in the way of their relationship. She had convinced herself to accept the way that Yeongie is and if she got in the way or got upset with Yeongie, there was a real chance that their friendship would end. Maybe its just a phase. Maybe in a few weeks she'll be used to him and then start hanging out with me again.

---

At lunch, it was empty again. Yeongie didnt show up just like the day before and didnt sent a text or call Hyemi. Hyemi in return didnt want to disturb them so she didnt try to contact Yeongie either. Hyemi sat with a few girls at lunch whom she doesn't really talk to but were inviting enough to let her sit with them. Hyemi ate her lunch in silence as the girls chattered away. When Hyemi finished eating her lunch, she got up and walked away without saying a word and the girls at the table didn't even realize that Hyemi was gone. She walked to the library alone to get some homework done or go on the computer. Standing outside, Hyemi spotted Yeongie and Daehyun sitting together at a table. Both of their heads were leaned in over the table as if they were looking at something, probably homework.

Well I guess that means I cant go in there today right...

Hyemi restored to going up to her locker ahead of time and sitting there while waiting for the bell to ring for the next class.