Shocking News

I'll Play Your Game [Age Is But A Number]

The next day, Yeongie and Hyemi were sitting together in the school library. They were both doing their homework quietly, when Yeongie said, "Hey Hyemi, you know what happened last period? I thought that Daehyun was always one of those good boyfriends who cared only for his girlfriend and nobody else. I heard him always saying 'I'm gonna take her out on a date tomorrow' and things like that.  Anyways, I had class with Daehyun last period.  I was asking Kimmie a question and i saw Daehyun put his arm around her waist. Can you believe that? Around her WAIST. Even my boyfriend said under his breath 'Dude, you have a girlfriend... what are you doing'... I wonder if Kimmie knows that Daehyun has a girlfriend... If she does.. that's sooo messed up."

Even though Hyemi knew the answer already, she wanted to keep the conversation going so she asked Yeongie "Sunny doesn't go to our school right? So she wouldn't know what's going on.." For a moment Hyemi felt bad for Sunny, that she had to deal with Daehyun holding another girl. *No.. this can't be... This is the same Daehyun who's only had 2 girlfriends in his whole life? There's no way this is the same person we're talking about*

"Of course not silly! She's not even in high school yet!" Yeongie laughed.

Hyemi almost choked. "Wait... WHAT?"

"You didnt know? She's only in 8th grade!"

Hyemi suddenly felt a little less sympathetic towards Sunny because she was so young. *Why does he like such a young girl? There are plenty of other girls his age in this school! I don't understand this!*

"Silly girl!!" Yeongie laughed and patted Hyemi's head.

Hyemi bit her lip and looked around. *This can't be it... Sunny cant possibly be that young*

"Oh yeah, Hyemi. One more thing!!" Yeongie dropped her voice to a whisper so that only Hyemi could hear her. "I also  heard that he bought condoms and gave them to her.. Who the hell buys condoms for an 8th grader?"

Hyemi felt like exploading *Is this the same Daehyun we're talking about? The cute, sweet, innocent Daehyun that's only dated two girls? No way! This can't be!!!!*

"Hey Hyemi, are you okay?" whispered Yeongie.

"Huh? Oh yeah I'm fine." But on the inside, Hyemi was dying. She just wanted to run away and start screaming.

A few seconds later the bell rang, signaling the last period of the day was over. There was no taekwondo practice today so both of them directly went home.

"Well Hyemi, I'll be going first. See you tomorrow!"

Hyemi sat there for a few more minutes, thinking everything over. *Was Yeongie telling the truth? There was no way that she would lie. Maybe she heard wrong?* Checking her watch, Hyemi didn't want to miss her bus home, so she got up and walked quickly out of the library. A few steps out of the door, Hyemi crashed hard into something. A person? She straight at the person and then slowly up.

"Daehyun... hi...."

Daehyun simply raised his eyebrow at her like there was something wrong. "Hi Hyemi", he smiled slowly and walked away.

Hyemi could feel her chest pounding and she watched Daehyun slowly walk down the hall and disappear behind the doors.