Confrontation

I'll Play Your Game [Age Is But A Number]

Hyemi blinked at Daehyun, her heart pounding. His face was still inches from hers. Is this really happening? What about Yeongie, what would she think? She'll never forgive me if she found out.

Daehyun whispered, "Hyemi. Please..."

Hyemi looked at him with wide eyes and ran out into the hallway. Daehyun ran after her, finding her sitting on the staircase on the opposite wing of the school.

"Hyemi, please. Let me explain."

Hyemi began tearing up, absorbing the fact that she might lose her close friend. She couldn't risk her friendship because of Daehyun, it just couldn't happen. But she couldn't help it. This was Daehyun. The Daehyun she had a crush on for so long. The Daehyun that she loved before Yeongie came along and started liking him. It wasn't fair. If only Yeongie didn't have any feelings for Daehyun, none of them would be in this mess right now. Tears rolled down her cheeks, not caring that Daehyun was next to her, watching her in this mess. Daehyun instinctively leaned over and wiped her tear away. He held Hyemi's face in his hand and turned her head towards him so that they could look eye to eye.

"Hyemi.. I'm sorry if that scared you. I shouldn't have went too quickly. Sorry..." Hyemi sniffled and held back her tears. "Please don't cry. I didn't know it would alarm you that much." 

"It's not me that you should  be apologizing to. What about Yeongie? Huh!? You're still going out with her. You can't just do that. It's cheating. It's not right."

"Please Hyemi, now isn't the time to be talking about Yeongie. This is about you. Me. Us."

Hyemi looked intensely into Daehyun's eyes. "You just don't get it. There can't be any us. Especially when you're going out with Yeongie. Don't you know that there's a chance that me and Yeongie's friendship could come to an end because of this? I can't do this."

"So thats what you're worried about... Well I didn't know that you two were really that close. It makes me regret what I did."

"W-What do you mean by that.." Hyemi stuttered.

Daehyun held Hyemi by the shoulders and turned her body until they were across from each other. "Yeongie... is not important right now..... Will you go out with me?"

Hyemi breathed in sharply. Just then she heard footsteps coming up from behind her. She turned around to see Yeongie towered over her. "Having fun i see?"