Valentine's Day

I'll Play Your Game [Age Is But A Number]

Every couple in the school were clinging onto each other. The girls holding flowers, screaming, hugging because of all the gifts that they got. Meanwhile, others had the opportunity to start new relationships. It was the usual things that you would see during Valentine's Day. The guys would carry balloons, stuffed animals, jewelery, to give to their girlfriend or ask someone out. Meanwhile, the others celebrated 'Single's Awareness Day' and pretended like they didn't care, and hung out with all their other single friends. It didn't feel like a regular day of school, more like a day of fun.

Hyemi was looking for Yeongie and Daehyun but they were no where to be seen. They're probably doing something outside of school, maybe that's why they're late. Suddenly, Yeongie walked through the side door, alone. Daehyun was no where in sight.

Hyemi's eyes widened and she began to wave her arms, "Yeongie!!! Over here!"

Yeongie looked up with a half smile and walked over to Hyemi.

"So.... Yeongie... Where's Daehyun? Don't tell me you weren't just with him."

"Huh? I wasn't though", Yeongie gave Hyemi wide innocent eyes,"I haven't seen him yet today."

"Oh really? Hey well maybe hes planning something big for you, ya know", Hyemi winked and nudged Yeongie with her elbow. "I know it's gonna be perfect for you guys so dont sweat it at all."

"Oh!! I hope so! I can't wait till he gets to school!!"

"Aww Yeongie, you look so excited. Anyways, I'll see you later okay? I have to get to class, see you later!"

--

At lunch, Hyemi walked around to find Yeongie. She stood for ten minutes but she still wasnt there. Hyemi was tempted to text or call Yeongie to confront her about not leaving a message when she knew she wouldn't show up. But when Hyemi took her phone out, she realized that there was no service. Instead she looked up and saw Daehyun.

"Hey Daehyun... where's Yeongie? Aren't you supposed to  be with her?"

"Huh? Oh yeah Yeongie had to go talk to her teacher about something... Can you come with me for a sec.. I need your help with something."

"Oh yeah sure.. okay", Hyemi went and followed Daehyun back to the empty stairwell where he first told Hyemi that he had a crush on her friend.

"Uhhhh.. Hyemi... I'll be right back. Just stay here for a few minutes"

"Okay." Hyemi took the time to study the empty stairwell. It made her think.. why was this place always empty, sure it was dark, but it was a perfect place to hide and get away from the school. This stairwell didn't feel like it was an actual school stairwell. It felt more detacthed. Hyemi looked off to the side, outlining the room and its contents. She felt a tall figure on her other side. Hyemi turned to see who it was and froze. Her eyes were wide open as she noticed that her lips were just an inch from Daehyun's. She let in a sharp breath while Daehyun continued to stare at her lips. Hyemi's heart pounded. This is wrong. This is sooooo wrong... but at the same time.. I like what's happening..

In a split second, Daehyun leaned in and kissed Hyemi lightly on the lips. It was one of those sweet kisses, not the rough, ugly ones. Hyemi was unsure of how much time really went by, it seemed like it was forever until Daehyun broke away. He looked at Hyemi, all over her face except for her eyes.