Light in the Dark

I'll Play Your Game [Age Is But A Number]

On another dreaded day of taekwondo, Hyemi just wanted to give up and never come back again. But to leave would make it seem too suspicious. She couldn't tell Yeongie about her crush. If Yeongie knew, she would never stop teasing Hyemi about it. *It was better to keep it a secret than to let it out to the world*



Hyemi tried not to be jealous as the class went through the daily routine. At the end, what was left of the class (which was about 5 people) had to do a cool down. Yeongie happlily sat on the ground and started doing leg excercises. She happily cheered "Hyemi!! Come join me!!"
 


Hyemi was too shy to do stretches like Yeongie. Yeongie had nice curvy legs which she showed off when she did her stretches. But Yeongie always thought that she was fat, despite what Hyemi keeps telling her. Hyemi was fine with Yeongie's stretches and didn't mind it until Daehyun made his over and saw her. Like all guys, he couldn't resist. While Yeongie was lying on the ground and stretching her legs, Daehyun reached out and guided her legs to help her stretch. He lightly grabbed her ankles to help her. Hyemi looked away. She didn't want to see this anymore. Hyemi tried to preoccupy herself with something else for the momet so she wouldn't have to deal with her spirts being crushed.
 


Out of no where Yeongie shrieked, "WHY AM I SO FAT???" At the same time she was pinching her "fat" and Hyemi yelled at Yeongie "You are NOT fat. Stop saying that!!!" Yeongie's only responce was to laugh at Hyemi and she continued pinching her stomach. Daehyun suddenly leaned over to have a feel for himself. He put his hand on her belly and said "What fat? I don't feel anything." 
 


"You're not fat. I'M fat." and Daehyun began pinching the skin on his stomach.
 


"Liar!!" Yeongie ran over to feel his stomach and Hyemi felt like crying. She wanted Daehyun all to herself but was getting nowhere near him.



Everything kept escalating though. They continued to smile and laugh and then Daehyun gave Yeongie and Hyemi a challenge. "If you can hold a plank for 3 minutes, I'll treat you to ice cream."
 


Hyemi didn't know Daehyun was talking to her too but she just sadly watched both of them plank together. For probably the first time ever, Daehyun spoke to Hyemi. He looked at her and asked, "You're not gonna do it?"
 


Hyemi just nervously laughed and whispered "no.."
 


As Yeongie was challenging herself to plank all the way through, she kept complaining and screaming and Daehyun just laughed. He looked up at Hyemi through his eyelashes and smiled with the most sincere and innocent smile she had ever seen from him.
 


Hyemi throught to herself *I might just have a chance*