What's this?

I'll Play Your Game [Age Is But A Number]

Hyemi was obediently practicing her taekwondo, despite being distracted for the past few days and learning absolutely nothing. She's been offguard and behind lately that most of the class was already ahead of her. Okay Hyemi, get in the game. You can do this. She tried to kick as high as she could but could only get about three feet high. C'mon Hyemi. Fighting!! She kept trying but with no luck.

"Yeongie!! Help me!! I can't do this"

Yeongie laughed at Hyemi. "Oh Hyemi you're so adorable. I really don't know how to help you though. I just KNOW how to do it you know?"

"Yeah.. just like a natural"

"Just keep practicing and you'll get a hang of it okay? Never give up!!"

"That's easy for you to say", Hyemi muttered.

 

Yeongie left Hyemi to practice on her own, the high kicks that she was supposed to master a week ago but never got to. She tried about 10 times with minimal success and then decided to give it all she had to kick higher. Hyemi built all the strength in her and sent a high flying kick, but felt her other foot lift off the ground and slip. She could feel herself falling and closing her eyes and bracing for the fall that was to come, only to realize that there were arms wrapped around her to catch her fall?

"Oh thank god you saved me Yeongie!! That was a close one." And then Hyemi opened her eyes to see Daehyun.

"Do I look like Yeongie to you? I didn't know I've become that feminine over the weeks. But you know us Koreans and our prettiness... Nahh I'm just kidding around. Are you okay?"

Hyemi cringed at her stupidity. Well that was embarrassing...

"Hellooooo?? Earth to Hyemi. I said are you okay?"

"Huh? Oh yeah I'm fine." Hyemi realized that Daehyun was still holding onto her and that the whole class was now staring at both them. Hyemi released herself from Daehyun's grasp. "Thanks"

Daehyun raised an eyebrow at her,"Okay then. Be careful next time", and walked away to instruct the other students. 

"Are you okay?!?!" Yeongie shouted.

Hyemi burst out at her. "Oh my gosh why didnt you come and save me!?!?!!?!?!"

"What!! Trust me I was but Daehyun got there faster than me. You should've seen how fast he ran.. It looked like lightning speeding through the room. It's not that I wasn't gonna save you. I was! I promise. I guess Daehyun was more concerned than  I was about that.... I mean the floor is padded. I don't understand why he would be so scared about that."

Wow. Does that mean he really cares? He could've just let me fall.. it wouldn't have hurt me at all.. maybe just a little.

"I dunno Hyemi. I think he likes you", Yeongie winked.

"Do you really think so?"

"I know so. Trust me!"

"I dont think he likes me though. There's no way... Why would he like me?"

"You're amazing though! Who wouldn't like you?!!!? If I was a guy I'd like you!"

"Uh Yeongie that's a little weird"

"Sorry", Yeongie burst out laughing, "Just don't come to me all excited when you find out that he likes you."

"Don't worry. I won't count on it."