The Real Deal.

I'll Play Your Game [Age Is But A Number]

Hyemi stared wide eyed at Yeongie. She rubbed her eyes for a second, in disbelief if it was really her. Remembering the situation, Hyemi turned her whole body around and kneeled while holding onto Yeongie's legs. "Yeongie please. This isn't what it looks like. Please forgive me. I didn't do anything. I wasn't going to accept him, honestly. Please. He's yours. If me accepting Daehyun means losing you, then I'm not willing to take him in. Your friendship is worth more to me than him." Hyemi started bawling at Yeongie's feet. Yeongie simply knelt down, grabbed Hyemi by the shoulders and pulled her up until they were both standing. Yeongie glared at Hyemi, as if fire was about to burst from her eyes. Hyemi couldn't look at her, too scared that her friend might yell at her.

"HYEMI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Hyemi's head snapped up and looked and Yeongie, hand lifted about to slap Hyemi in the face. She shut her eyes, waiting for the blow, knowing that it was too late to apologize and there was no way of winning her back. She had lost. Lost Daehyun. Lost Yeongie. But when the blow didn't come, Hyemi opened her eyes and stared at the smiling Yeongie.

"SURPRISE!!!!!" Yeongie screamed.

"W-What. W-what's going on. What do you mean surprise?"

"Surprise means surprise silly."

"Yeah.. but I don't get it. You're not mad?"

"Mad? Never. At you? For what?" Yeongie gave Hyemi a small smile.

Daehyun interrupted, "You know Hyemi. Me and Yeongie weren't really dating."

"Wait. What!?"

Yeongie burst out laughing. "You have no idea. It's such a long story. Let me explain. Or try my best to explain that is. You know silly. Daehyun really does like you. The fact of 'going out' with me was just a hoax to get to see how you would react to it. And I swear this is gold."

"W-what the..."

Daehyun spun Hyemi around by the shoulders. "Yep, its true. I guess I'm guilty", Daehyun blushed.

"I don't get it though. What about all the things you've been doing together?"

Daehyun sighed. "Where do I begin? Well first of all, the first time Yeongie and I 'hung out'.. wasn't really hanging out. We were actually planning all of this to happen. Why? Because I wasn't sure how you felt about me, so I wanted to test it out. To see how you really felt. And the whole leaving my jacket at Yeongie's house was to get your attention about everything. The disappointed look you had on your face after seeing that Yeongie and I were going out made me realize that you did like me. And I don't know. I wanted to make you jealous so you would just work up the courage to go out with me you know. The whole 'Yeongie not showing up at lunch' thing was a plan too. I knew you were going to come and look for Yeongie, so we decided to hike out at the library together. You're so cute when you're jealous", Daehyun pinches Hyemi's cheeks.

"What!! That's mean!" Hyemi frowned at Daehyun.

"Yeah well. How else am I supposed to get to you?"

"Awww you guys are perfect!!" Yeongie butted in.

Daehyun turned to Yeongie,"A little privacy please?"

"Oh okay. Bye then! Have fun!" Yeongie blew a kiss at Hyemi before leaving.

Daehyun looked down at the ground. "So... surprise?"

"Surprise is right! Who knew this was going to-", Hyemi was cut off by Daehyun's sweet gentle kiss. Hyemi gave in, absorbing herself into Daehyun. This is what it feels like. So good. Hyemi wanted more of him but then Daehyun broke away.

"Hmmm?" Hyemi gave a puzzled look.

"We can't just do this you know."

"Why not?" Hyemi looked pissed.

"Because you havent answered my question yet."

"Question?" Hyemi didn't understand a single word of what Daehyun was talking about.

Daehyun reached into his back pocket, taking out a box and opening it where Hyemi couldn't see. He closed the object in the palm of his hand and reached for Hyemi's right hand. Daehyun pulled her closer to him and brought his mouth to her ear, simultaneously slipping something around Hyemi's finger. When Hyemi looked down, it was a beautiful ring. Not the plain one that Yeongie was wearing for a prop earlier. This was one was beautiful. Two strips of silver intertwining with each other, glistening under the light. Daehyun shut his eyes and whispered into Hyemi's ear, "Will you go out with me?"

Hyemi smiled.