We Meet Again

I'll Play Your Game [Age Is But A Number]

Hyemi showed up to taekwondo class with her friend Yeongie. She was listening to the advisor of the class where she sees Daehyun enter and stand behind the advisor. Her stomach had butterflies in it. Hyemi hasn't seen Daehyun for the entire summer plus the few months when he stopped showing up to say "Hi" to her. They used to see each other in the hallways first thing in the morning. They both had first free and Daehyun would sometimes sit down next to Hyemi and talk to her. But Hyemi was always shy and she would just smile a little and laugh at whatever Daehyun would say.  *Its probably because he got a girlfriend and didn't need my company anymore*.

 


But now seeing Daehyun again, he looked more handsome and grown up than he did last year. Daehyun walked up to a girl standing near the advisor and started to talk to her. Hyemi stared at Daehyun when he has talking. She stared at every inch of him. From the way his jawline moved when he talked to the way his hands brushed his jeans. Daehyun stopped talking and began to walk away towards Hyemi. As much as Hyemi wanted to say something, even a simple hello to him, the words were caught in . *What if he doesnt remember me? It's been almost a year.*
 


When Daehyun walked by, Hyemi half expected for him to say something but half expected him not to do anything at all. All she encountered was Daehyun looking into her eyes for a second that felt like eternity. But as fast as Daehyun snuck a look at Hyemi, he looked away and kept walking without pausing. Hyemi turned to her friend Yeongie to see that Daehyun had made his way over to her side and was now speaking to her. Jealousy boiled in Hyemi and she turned away before she could get mad at her friend. Hyemi COULDN'T be mad at hee though. It was through Youngie that Hyemi came to know Daehyun.
 


When Daehyun had finally left, Hyemi returned to Yeongie and avoided the subject of Daehyun. She said to Yeongie,"Wow... The advisor talks a lot" Yeongie looked at Hyemi as if she were about to die from boredom. "I know!!! When are we gonna start learning?? She's killing me."
 


The whole class sat there listening to the advisor talk for the next hour and spent the whole class doing nothing. When the advisor decided to stop talking, she left the more experienced members practice. Daehyun was the manger of the taekwondo class because it was made just for girls so he couldn't join them for all activities. Hyemi and Yeongie stared at all the experienced girls in awe but while Yeongie wasn't looking, Hyemi tried to sneak a peak at Daehyun but he was no where to be seen.
 


Not until two days later they met eyes again.