No way.

I'll Play Your Game [Age Is But A Number]

"Psttt hey.... Hyemi!!" Daehyun whispered at Hyemi.

 She turned around quickly. "Psttttt hey.... Daehyun!!!"

Daehyun laughed at her, "Nice try", and put his hand on her shoulder. He dropped his voice into a low tone. I need to talk to you though, it's really important"

"Okay.. what is it?"

"Not now.. there's too many people. Meet me in the back stairwell after school okay? This is really important. Please show up", Daehyun pouted at Hyemi.

"Oh okay. Sure, I'll see you there."

The bell rang as Daehyun got up, "Thanks Hyemi, you're the best."

"Yeah.............."

Hyemi got up to go to her next class. Meet him after school? In the stairwell? Daehyun needs to talk to me? For what!?!!? Am I in trouble or something? I dont remember doing something wrong. And why would he want me to meet in the stairwell at the back of the school.. No one actually goes there.. it's practically a vacant area in the school.... Unless...... IS HE TRYING TO CONFESS TO ME? IS THAT WHAT IT IS? But no, I can't get my hopes up about these kinds of things, because in the end it could really just be something else.

Hyemi couldn't help but be excited anyways. She breezed right through most of her classes, in anticipation of seeing Daehyun later. What is he gonna say to me?!?!! At lunch Yeongie and Hyemi sat together in the library.

"Hey Hyemi.... what are you thinking?"

"Huh? Me? Oh nothing.. just you know.. tests coming up.. I'm kind of worried"

"Thats not what it looks like to me.. seems like you're thinking about someone..."

"Who me?!?!? Nawwww if I'm thinking about someone its probably my teacher and how much I'm gonna beg for extra credit after I fail that test", which was actually half true in that Hyemi did have a test next period, but she couldn't really put any focus into that after her whole day has been looking forward to seeing Daehyun.

"It's nothing really, Yeongie, just do your work"

"Okay if you say so... I don't believe you one bit. And I'm gonna find out one way or another", Yeongie looked back at her books and continued doing her homework .

--

Throughout the test, Hyemi daydreamed about everthing that was going to happen. The things that Daehyun was gonna say, the things he was going to do. Everything overwhelmed her. She had not realized that the whole time she'd been staring out the window until her teacher snapped, "Hyemi! Are you finished with your test?!"

Hyemi looked down to see the whole page was blank. "Sorry... " and she continued taking the test, bubbling in random answers knowing that it was no use if she tried.

The last fifteen minutes of class ticked by slowly and Hyemi was about to start screaming because the clock eventually looked like it was ticking backwards. She decided to take a nap instead of dreadfully waiting for class to end

--

Hyemi was waiting for Daehyun at the stairwell, where he gracefully showed up, holding something behind his back. Daehyun walked up to her slowly, smiling, prideful. Hyemi was a bit confused and unsure of what was going on. I thought he had something to tell me. Daehyun kept walking closer and closer until he was only a few inches away from Hyemi's face. She could feel his breath on her forehead and the smell of his shirt.

'I know this is really sudden and all.. but I actually like you a lot. Even from the time I was still going out with Sunny. I really didnt want to break it to her that I liked someone else, I wanted to wait for her to change her mind about me first and then I could move on peacefully."

Hyemi's heart started thumping in her chest, nearly about to burst. Daehyun pulled out flowers from behind his back.

"Will you go out with me?" Hyemi closed her eyes. This cant be real. This cant be real. This cant be real.

When Hyemi opened her eyes, she realized that it was all just a dream. Oh. Just as I thought. The whole classroom was empty, so Hyemi assumed that the class ended already. Her teacher looked at her. "Hyemi.. you fell asleep. Class ended 5 minutes ago."

"Oh.. sorry about that." Hyemi got up to leave. Wait.. its last period!! I need to go find Daehyun!! Hyemi ran out of class to the abandonded stairwell to look for Daehyun but no one was there. He'll probably be here in a few mintues....

Ten minutes later, Hyemi was still waiting for Daehyun and she sat on the stairwell, about to leave. Why isn't he here? Did he forget or something? No. It cant be. He said it was urgent.

Yet another ten minutes later, Hyemi got up and began to leave, when Daehyun came rushing in. "Wait!!! I'm here!!" Hyemi turned around to see Daehyun sweating and panting. "Sorry.. my teacher held me back to talk to me. I didn't think it would take that long.... Come here.. sit please." 

Hyemi looked at Daehyun cautiously. Will this be anything like my dream.

"So what I had to tell you... I don't really know how to say this....... It's kind of hard for me to put this out but...."

Oh my god is he going to say it!?!?!?!?

"I........have a crush....... on Yeongie.."

WAIT WHAT?!?!?!?!?

"Yeongie?!?!?!?!" Hyemi screamed.

"What?!?! Is there something wrong with that?" Daehyun innocently questioned.

Hyemi felt a jealous pang on the inside. "No... no theres nothing wrong with that..." No... NO. This cant be!

"So I have some advice that I want to ask you.. if you're okay with that.. since you're Yeongie's good friend I thought I could come to you."

It was no use, Hyemi couldnt fight Daehyun's feelings. Everything was over. All their history meant nothing. "Yeah sure.. ask away."

Daehyun's eyes lit up. "Really? Okay thanks Hyemi! I just wanted to know what kind of person Yeongie is, what kind of people she likes. What a good boyfriend for her should be like you know? What would make her like me?"

"Oh well... I'm not really sure how to answer that. I know that girls love the attention that guys give them. Not too much though because that's too clingy. But you should just be yourself and not worry because if you love someone and they love you back, being 'perfect' has no criteria. Being yourself is all you need and don't act like someone you're not. You'll regret it in the end. And I guess me and Yeongie are alike in that we both love romantic guys. Ones that will go out of their way to do the most flattering things. It doesn't have to be big, it just needs a lot of love and affection put into it.. you know?"

Daehyun smiled, "I know exactly what you mean. Thanks so much Hyemi!" Daehyun got up and patted Hyemi's head. "See you tomorrow!!"

"Yeah... see you tomorrow...."