Chapter 7

Unexpected Love

 

Jieun's P.o.V

While BTOB oppa are promoting WOW, I'm recording the songs and preparing to have a comeback.

 

“I hate you, forget you, niga sirheo!” I warm up my vocals as I walked into the studio. “Oh abeoji!” I bow at Mr Hong. “What are you doing here?” I asked, setting my stuff on the table and taking off my coat.

 

“We're here to pick your title song, do you have anything in mind?” he asked, looking over at me.

 

“Personally, I like Unripe Apple and Reason That I Became A Witch...” I said as I sit on the chair. “I'm not sure on what to chose...” I pulled on my hair lightly.

 

“I think we'll go with Reason That I Became a Witch...” he nodded his head. “It's more powerful... I think if you want, we can have Unripe Apple as your follow up...”

 

“But... Won't it be weird? In one song, I'm singing about revenge than in another song, I'm singing about first love... For revenge, means I already hate first love... I think I'll just deal with Reason That I Became a Witch...” I nodded my head.

 

“Sounds good. What are we going to record today?”

 

“We're going to record Superstar and To My Boyfriend...” I replied.

 

“And some part of Reason That I Became a Witch...” the producer said, looking back to us.

 

“Ne... And that...” I pointed out before walking into the recording studio.

The recording session lasted for a few hours. I went in at 10 plus in the morning and currently it's like 7plus at night. Suddenly, a group of cameraman came in. “Boya?” I asked, slightly alarm.

 

“We need to record a bit of this... We're going to upload it for the fans and upload on your channel...” Manager oppa said to me.

 

“Oh... Okay...” I nodded my head before the stylist grabbed me and applied some makeup on me.

 

After a while, I stood in front of the camera. “Annyeonghaseyo! Angel BEAT iminda!” I bowed lightly. “Ne, currently I'm preparing for my comeback stage! Are you guys excited?” I smile lightly. “Out of this album, I wrote two songs~” I looked at Mr Hong as he walked in. “Am I suppose to tell them about the song on the album?” I asked.

 

“Ne... We're recording this beforehand so we have enough time to edit it... So by the time this go up, your album news will be around... We're telling the media about your comeback tomorrow...” he nodded his head.

 

“Ne! Out of the album, I wrote two songs, Reason That I Became A Witch and Unripe Apple... I know it's a weird combination but I wrote the songs with different feelings in my mind. I wrote one song base on my experience on a cheating relationship... And one for how I want to feel... I guess?” I laughed lightly. “Oh! Ilhoon oppa of BTOB helped me in both songs for a bit! And I really hope you guys will look forward to it!” I wave lightly.

 

After that, for all recording session, they're all present to record what I'm doing. We finally end everything at around 11 plus. “Thank you!!” I bow as they walked out of the door. “Thank you!” I bowed again before closing the door and collapsing on the sofa. “This is so tiring...” I whine to myself, feeling my tummy growl softly. I checked my watch, 11:30 plus. I have dance lesson at 12plus...

 

I grabbed my jacket and wallet before running out to the building to grab something to eat. I walked over to the nearest shop and brought a packet of milk with bread. I walked over to the cashier.

 

“You're Angel Beat ain't you?” she asked, excitedly. “My daughter is a huge fan of you! Can you sign this paper for me?” she asked, randomly grabbing paper and a marker.

 

“Ah ne...” I took it and sign it before returning it to her. “How much is this?” I asked her again.

 

“Let this be a treat from me! Like a payback for making you work on your off day...” she smile lightly.

 

“Ah! You don't need to do this! I did this cause I want to!” I wave lightly.

 

“It's a must! Please...” she smile a motherly smile.

 

“Gomawo...” I bowed lightly before walking towards the building. I walked into the dance room as I munch on the bread. “Oh! What are you guys doing here?” I asked, jumping slightly to see BTOB sitting on the floor.

 

“Are you in the recording studio the whole day?” Eunkwang asked.

 

“Ne... Waeo?” I asked as I sit beside them.

 

“I was just wondering why you looked in like you're so dead.” he replied.

 

“Thanks for making me feel better!” I called out to him. “What are you guys doing here?” I asked.

 

“We're leaving but than we realised that it's weeks since we've met you even though we live in the same house!” Minhyuk whine.

 

“AWWWWW~~ You guys miss me?” I pinch Minhyuk cheeks as I say it.

 

“NEEE!!” they called out before they hugged me tightly.

 

“Aigoooo~~ I can't breath!” I called out, pushing them aside. “We'll meet soon! Once I'm going to have my comeback stage, we'll meet like everyday!” I smile, patting their head lightly. “Now leave! I'm going to have my dance lesson!” I called, pointing at the door.

 

“Dinner tomorrow! We're all making pancakes tomorrow!” Changseob shouted before closing the door.

 

“NE! ARASSOO!” I shouted back before I start stretching.

A few days have passed when suddenly people came in again while I was filming my dance part for the MV.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo!” I bowed to them as I walked up to them after I finished filming that part and it's the male lead turn to film now.

 

“We're here to interview you... You know the CSI? Coming Soon Interview...”

 

“Ah ne! You guys want to film in the room instead?” I asked, leading them into a aircon room.

 

“It'll work,” they nodded their head.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo! Angel Beat imnida!” I bowed before the PD started speaking.

 

“Please say hello to your fans!”

 

“Currently, I'm filming for my new album~ You guys could have already guessed it from what I'm wearing...” I gestured at my clothes before continuing. “I debuted with I'll Back Off So You Can Live Better and now I'm returning with Reason That I Became a Witch! The official drama music video is already out, have you guys seen it? If no, please watch it!”

 

“What kind of song is Reason That I Became A Witch?”

 

“The song have a rather slow piano starting but it took a interesting turn to a rather quick tempo song so it's a dance song! It's actually about a girl who believe everything her boyfriend told her only to realise it's all just a lie, and this is her turning stronger, changing her innocent side and getting revenge... Ne...” I nodded my head.

 

“How did you manage to write this song?”

 

“I wrote this song based on my past experiences on relationship, and this is like a song to him, telling him that I'm over now and I'm coming back to show him what he missed... I guess?” I laugh lightly.

 

They asked a lot of questions before letting me back to filming. “Mianhae!” I bowed as I walked back to the set and started filming for my up close part.

 

Finally around 3 plus in the morning, we're done filming. “Manager oppa...” I shook him lightly after changing out of my filming costume. He had fallen asleep since he have nothing to do.

 

“Ne?” he stood up, brushing his shirt. “You're ready to go?”

 

“Ne... Do you think that I can go home for a while?” I asked as we walked to the car.

 

“Home?”

 

“My mom's house...” I said as I get into the car.

 

“You don't have any schedule tomorrow, I'll bring you there... “ he nodded his head as he drove out of the carpark.

 

“Gomawa oppa!” I smile brightly.

 

I woke up early in the morning and prepared to leave for my mum's house. “Oppa, I'll call you when I'm going to leave... Or I might go home alone...” I said.

 

“You must leave before 5... You have your comeback stage tomorrow!”

 

“Ne! Come back at 5 than!” I wave before walking into the house.

 

“Umma!” I called, walking into the house, only to meet Infinite, Hyosun and umma. “Annyeong?” I called out.

 

“Aigoo! Jieun you're back!” umma smile, grabbing me into a hug.

 

“Ne umma!” I smile, returning her hug.

 

“You've slim down by so much!” she said after looking at me.

 

“It's time I lose weight...” I smile when suddenly Jisu walked out, holding a stack of papers.

 

“Unnie! Help me sign this whole stack of paper!”

 

“How nice of you to call me unnie after what you're done to me...” I smile lightly. “Do you even know how to write the word 'Shame'?” I asked.

 

“My friends know that you're my sister so I need to brag about it! If not what's the difference between me and them?”

 

“The difference? You're no different from them... Your blood is not in me.” I replied.

 

“Just this once!”

 

“Why don't you ask your oppa to help you? I'm back to see umma, not you.” I replied.

 

“Umma....” Jisu started to whine.

 

“Jieun-ah...” umma started slowly.

 

“Arasso...” I muttered, grabbing the marker pen from her and started signing the paper. “Why don't you ask them to sign for you...” I grumbled.

 

“Cause they're not as famous as you!”

 

“Boya? They're my sunbae, they're better than me!”

 

“My friends prefer your song... They like how you move on from a bad relationship...” she answered before packing the paper to one side.

 

“What a liar.”

 

“Aniya!”

 

“Jieun-ah...” a male voice called out softly.

 

“Hmm?” I looked up to meet their eyes. “Ne?” I asked, before going back to the signing.

 

“Can you help us slightly?”

 

“With?” I asked, confused.

 

“Myungsoo he..."

 

“Ani... Why must I help him? He still have Jisu here...”

 

“Aniya... We're not dating from the start... I just want to anger you... I just wanted to see your angry side while you're being prank... And he agreed not knowing it will go this bad. He wanted to apologise to you but you were gone just like that... Than a few weeks later, you just called to say that you're okay and fine.. But...”

 

“Are you guys sick? Prank about this thing?” I replied. “After hearing this, I'm glad... I'm glad that I broke up with him... And he even scold me cheap on the second day... How do you explain that?” I asked.

 

“Cause you brought home a dude!”

 

“Exactly, he don't trust me too.” I replied, passing the last stack of the paper to Jisu. “1st rule about a good relationship, trust. We both failed it, I don't see the point of us being together.” I replied, standing up. “Umma, I forget to bring something... I'll bring it next time I'm here... I'll call you...” I replied, grabbing my bag before walking out.

 

I walked along the road, kicking sand out of the path. Expecting me to forgive him after claiming this as a prank... If I'm this type of girl, I won't be able to write songs like my comeback song... Maybe I would have forgive you when I was that innocent... But now... Expecting me to save you after making me feel this bad... You deserve it... And how can I just leave BTOB oppa now? They're my savers...

 

I walked around the park before walking home even though it's quite far. “Oppa, I'm home!” I called, walking into the house.

 

“You walked home? Are you crazy?” Eunkwang oppa asked.

 

“I'm about to...” I stuck my tongue at him before walking into the bedroom. 'Oppa,” I called, looking at BTOB oppa. “Come in, I have something to tell you guys...” I said before moving to sit on the bed.

 

“Ne...” they all walked in, closing the door.

 

I told them everything that happened earlier and they looked down , like they're thinking of something. “Boya?” I asked.

 

“You know the truth... Would you …” Ilhoon trailed off.

 

“What do you think?” I asked.

 

“No... You won't.” Hyunsik replied confidently. “You wrote a song saying,

Why did you change – Unforgettable
You are really a bad bad boy ah ah ah

I hate you forget you – I hate you
Shut up, piss off, please just give up
The reason I became a witch
The reason I became more spiteful
Because because – it’s all because of you 
I thought you will return to him...” he smile.

 

“You guys worked so hard with me to revenge on him... If I go back to him, what would that make me?” I returned the smile. “I guess, it's time for him to fell the medicine.” I nodded my head. “Yah... I will never leave you guys for some people like him!” I called. “Believe me~”

 

“Yah... Whoever you're going to date, I need to inspect him!” Eunkwang said.

 

“NE!” I smile. “Before showing him to my parents, I will show him to you guys first!” I smile, giving Eunkwang a hug. “You guys are so important to me, I would never leave you guys... Unless you guys leave me first...”

 

“Aniya! How could we leave our dear Angel behind?” Minhyuk asked, pinching my cheeks.

 

“Appaaa!” I called, pinching his cheeks.

 

And suddenly we're in a cheeks pinching competition.