Chapter 20

Unexpected Love

I walked into the CUBE office, looking around it. It's been so long since I've returned... My fingers lightly on the finger scanning thing. I pressed my fingers on it as I remembered the old memories, suddenly the lights turned green and the door opened.

 

"Eh?" I asked, walking up the stairs. I walked into the darkened hallway down into G.Na's office. I opened the door and heard a loud scream.

 

"JIEUNNNN" I turned to see Gina unnie.

 

"Unnie!" I cried, hugging her tightly.

 

"You're back!!" she smile. "What's with this sudden return?" 

 

"I have something to take care off... But I miss the company too much to attend to the matter first... But why is my fingerprint still in the data?" 

 

"I convince appa to not delete it... That's my only memory of you! And what if something like this happened and you can't get in thus leading to me unable to meet you?" 

 

"You'll still meet me at the performing area, I would be with Infinite half of the time..." I nodded my head.

 

"Boya? Wae?"

 

"It's a long story... I will tell you everything soon... I just planned to come over and check around before returning back home..."

 

"Are you going to have a comeback?"

 

"Most probably not... I'm not sure... I seem too old to comeback..."

 

"What about Shinhwa? Eh? What about me?

 

"Ah molla~ I have to go... I'll meet you tomorrow I guess?"

 

"You better or I'm going to your house!" she called out, hugging me tightly.

 

I walked out of the company and decided to walk back home, taking the scene slowly. "OMO! ISN'T THAT ANGEL BEAT?" I heard someone squeaked. I looked around to see a group of girls squeaking. 

 

"Annyeong?" I bowed lightly as they walked over to me.

 

"Omo! Can we take a pic with you?"

 

"Can you sign this?"

 

"You're back! Is it a visit or really back for real?"

 

 I smile for the camera after signing some autograph. Suddenly I'm surrounded by a group of girls. "I'm back for real I guess? If something happened, I would most probably leave again if something happened again..." I replied as I sign something.

 

"Does that mean a comeback?"

 

"I'm not sure..."

 

"Jieun-ah! It's not nice running off to the company first without going home!" I heard a familiar voice called out. 

 

"Eh?" I asked, turning to face the guy to find Myungsoo. "Ah! How did you know i'm here?"

 

"Jisu told me you miss the company the most... Come on let's go home..." he said, jerking his head to the car.

 

"Eh?! Is oppa dating with unnie?" I heard them asked.

 

"Ani!" I wave frantically as I walked over to the car with Myungsoo. I get into the backseat following by Myungsoo. "How did she even know that I'll come over here first?"

 

"She's your sister for a reason..." he turned to face me slightly, reaching out and my face lightly. "It's been so long to finally see you up close and not in poster form..." he smile lightly.

 

I returned the smile lightly. "Hey... Remember the question that I asked you a few weeks ago? What's the answered?" he asked, smiling lightly.

 

"Eh?" I asked, looking at him confused. 'You asked me a question?"

 

"Don't act baby..." he asked, holding something out from his pocket. "So what's the answer?" he asked.

 

"Still thinking..." I replied, puffing out my cheeks.

 

He reached over and opened my hand, placing the box in it. "When you figure out, wear the ring or return it... It's up to you..." he returned to his original position. "So are you planning on a comeback?" he asked.

 

"Molla... Why is everyone asking me this question?" I asked, feeling slightly irritated.

 

"Cause you're famous! Like crazily famous and talented! And you're only 24 this year! You totally should make a comeback! In my company!"

 

"Ani! I would return to Cube!"

 

"Wae wae wae? Isn't it good to work with me?!"

 

"I'm much more comfortable working with Cube artist!" I stuck out my tongue as the car pulled to a jerky stop. "We reached?" I asked, looking out of the window. "Ah we reached!" I squeaked before running out of the car and into the house. "Umma!" 

 

"Ah! Jieun! You're back!" umma said, walking out of the kitchen. 

 

"Ne umma!" I smile brightly, hugging her tightly.

 

"Jisu-ah! Jieun is back!!" umma shouted loudly. 

 

"UNNIE!" I heard a loud voice before Jisu appeared down the steps, pulling Sunggyu along with her. 

 

"Nice to see you guys once again!" I smile brightly, giving Jisu a hug.

 

"How's Singapore?"

 

"Nice I guess? But it's not that nice without you guys there..." I replied as Jisu pulled me to sit down beside her.

 

Unnie, are you going to have a comeback?" she asked, looking at me.

 

"Why is everyone asking me this questions?!" I asked. "I'm not sure... Should I?" I asked, looking over at her.

 

"YES!" they all shouted.

 

"Ahh! Molla! Since I came home already, I'm going to make a trip out!" I called, walking towards the door.

 

"You came home just for like 10 mins and you want to leave already?" umma asked.

 

"Ah, I can't breathe with all this questions... I might not be coming home tonight,,, I'll text you guys~"

 

"Where are you going?"

 

"Don't you dare to follow me!" I called, walking out. 

 

In fact, I have no idea where to go... I'm just wandering along the street, avoiding them, avoiding Myungsoo. I returned cause of the engagament and all... But after I met him, feelings just started to become mixed up. I walked aimlessly along the street and before I know it, I ended up at Han River.

 

"Jieun?!" I heard a familiar voice called out.

 

I turned to see a group of 8 guys standing there. "Oppa!" I smile, running up to them. 

 

"Ah! It's Jieun!" Jihoon called out happily. rushing forward to hug me. "I thought my eyes are playing tricks on me!" he said, looking down at me.

 

"Jihoon hyung! No hogging!" Sungjae called, pulling me towards him. "Noona!! You're back! The dorm is a dump area ever since you're gone! Come back and live with us!"

 

"Boya? Am I your maid?"

 

"Something like that... Expect that you work for free?" Sungjae laughed cutely as I knocked his head. 

 

I smile and give each of them a hug till I reached Hyunsik. He smile pulling me into a hug, kissing the side of my head lightly. "How are you?" he asked, looking down at me.

 

"Good? How about you?"

 

"The day just keep getting better..." he smile.

 

"Hyung! No hogging!" Sungjae whined, pulling my hand. 

 

"Sungjae-ah, how old are you to be whining?" I asked, looking up at him.

 

"Younger than you!" he retored cutely. 

 

"I miss you guys so much!" I smile hugging him again.

 

"You miss me the most right?" Sungjae asked, with a hopeful tone.

 

"Aniya! I miss..." I looked around, scanning the people. "Jihoon oppa the most!" I smile, standing beside Jihoon.

 

"I'm blushing!" Jihoon joked, covering his face lightly. "I'm going to kidnap you home with me!" he called, pulling me close to him. "Join us for lunch?" he asked as we walked out of Han River.

 

"Guess so? Since you're kidnapping me?" I smile as we walked over to the car park area. 

 

"Let's walk there!" Minhyuk said suddenly.

 

"Wae?" 

 

"Jieun might not be use to Eunkwang's new driving habit..." he replied. "It's not far from here so let's walk there!" he said, walking over to the bridge.

 

"Ahhh..." I whine, tugging on Jihoon's sleeve. 

 

"You're still as lazy as ever..." he sigh, letting me jump onto his back.

 

We walked around for a while with me on Jihoon's back till we find a place to eat. "What should we eat today?"

 

"Shabu shabu!"  I shouted happily.

 

"Shabu shabu it is!" they all nodded their head, walking over to one of the restaurant. 

 

After eating, we're walking back to the car park when my phone rang, "Yeoboseyo?" I answered to hear Myungsoo on the other line. "Ah... I won't be home tonight... Don't wait up..." I replied, getting into the car. 

 

Jihoon sat beside me, closing the door as I hang up. "Boys problem?" he asked.

 

"I don't want to talk about it..." I said, resting my head on Hyunsik's shoulder. I felt him jerk lightly before returning to his position. I don't remember what happened since I fall asleep. 

 

I opened my eyes to complete darkness with me jerking out and hitting my head on the bunk bed. "Ah..." I called out, rubbing my forehead.

 

"Hyung!" I heard Sungjae whine. 

 

"It's Jieun that's on the bed!" I heard Hyunsik called out. 

 

I looked down, smiling lightly. This is how we first met... How all the happy memories started... How did we bond? Revenge on a cheating boyfriend. I reached into the bag beside me where the box that Myungsoo hand to me. 

 

I grabbed the bag before running out of the room and insteading of wearing my shoes like a normal person, I grab my shoes and ran out of the house, slipping it along the way.

 

BTOB-and-No-Ji-Hoon-fan-meeting.jpg