Chapter 6

Unexpected Love

 

"Jieun, wake up..." the PD shook me lightly.

 

"Ne?" I opened my eyes tiredly, peeking through to see a camera. "Ahh..." I called, as I pulled on the hoodie. "Ne?" I asked, rubbing my eyes.

 

"We need you to go over to wake up BTOB... You will be the judge for the wake up game..." she said in one shot. 

 

"Ne..." I walked over to the room tiredly with the hoodie covering my face. I stumbled into the room. "Yahh.." I kicked the bed in attempt to wake them up. They're scattered all over the place, some on the bunk bed and some on the floor.

 

After a while, 4Min unnie entered the room. "Unnieee... They're not waking up..." I called, as I tried to pull Minhyuk up.

 

"We'll wake one up which..." Hyuna suggested. "Cause I'm lazy to climb up there, maknae you guys go!" she pointed at the people on the bunk bed.

 

"I'm scared to wake that up.." Sohyun said, pointing at a bed covered with blankets. 

 

"I'll wake him up..." I climb onto the stairs as I shook him. "Peniel oppaaaaaa... Wake uppp!" Due to the fact that if I stand a bit too high up, my head will hit the ceiling so my face is rather close to his.

 

“Oppa!” I whine as I pulled the blankets off him to reveal Ilhoon. I let out a soft scream as I nearly fall on my if not for Jiyoon unnie.

 

“Yah! Why are you learning Peniel oppa and sleeping with lots of blankets?”I asked, knocking his head.

 

“He kicked me here...” Peniel yawned from his bed.

 

Ilhoon sit up a little too fast and ended up knocking his head on the ceiling. “Ah!! Apaaa!!” he cried, holding his head in pain while rolling around in the bed. I laughed at him as he toss and turn.

 

“Arasso! Hurry! We have to spend today properly before we fly back!” Gayoon unnie rushed us.

 

We flew back later that day. BTOB rushed on their comeback day with Press Play while I worked on my comeback slowly at my own pace.

 

“AHH!” I cried tiredly, pulling my hair. I'm supposed to write two songs on my own but none of song is coming to me. I stared at the ceiling for like hours before snapping my fingers happily and quickly writing it down.

 

You know we're done, it's over now
This is not a pay back
This is my return

Extra extra read all about it
The queen is back in the game
Here we go now! Here we go now!
Here we go now! Here we go now!

Don't act a fool
This is already your fourth foul (out)
No more chances - your broken alibis
What you gonna do - so what, so what
I wouldn't want a truckful of you
Piss off, go away, just go

Ayo I don't think you understand this
Bring it back I said bring it back

Your blackened intentions are so obvious
I'm not so innocent anymore

Why did you change - Unforgettable
You are really a bad bad boy ah ah ah

I hate you forget you - I hate you
Shut up, piss off, please just give up
The reason I became a witch
The reason I became more spiteful
Because because - it's all because of you

Guess what song that is! Answer will be revealed at the end of this chapter! :D

I decided to record the song first to grasp the feel on it, Ilhoon walked in a while later as I started on my second song. “Oppa!! Listen to this!!” I wave at him excitdely. He nodded and sit beside me as I show him the first song.

“It's nice!” he smile brightly.

“Do you think that you can do this part for me?” I asked, showing him the paper that I printed out, pointing the highlighted part.

“I don't think my voice is suitable for it... You can ask Mr Hong about it... I think Junhyun hyung suits it better...” he replied.

“Are you free to help me? Mr Hong said that I can get someone to help me if I really need help... Help me with a song!” I begged him, pulling his sleeve.

“Arasso...” he replied, sitting up straight and grabbing a pencil. I smile brightly as I passed him the book that I started writing in. He started writing in it while I started on the music. After like a hour, he passed the book back to me. “Done!” he smile. I took the book and started reading it as he went to rest on the sofa.

Oops was I rushing it, was I too rash?
I’m worried that you’ll treat me like a naive fool
That you’ll see me like a young child
Still I’m relieved after hearing you say this is your first too
But I still feel a little weird like
Shall I say it feels like I’m being tricked


Guess this song too!

“Oppa! This is really good!” I called out but receive no response. “Oppa?” I asked, turning to face him. He laid on the sofa asleep with his hand crossed over his chest. I grabbed my blanket from my bag. Yes, I was preparing to sleep there and placing it over him. I sit beside him as I looked at his sleeping face. Without knowing, I reached out and touched his face gently. I smile lightly before walking to my mug and walking down to the cafe for some coffee.

“Oh oppa!” I said in shock as I walked out to meet Hyunsik. “What are you doing here?” I asked as I walked with him down to the cafe.

“I was going to practice the dance before performing tomorrow. You didn't forget that our comeback is tomorrow right?” he asked. My eyes widen along with my mouth. “You forgot about it!” he called accusingly.

“Mianhae! That Ilhoon oppa...” I trailed off.

“I'll piggyback him home later.” he replied as we get into the queue. “Do you like him?” he asked after a while.

“I...” I started but suddenly remembered what Hyunsik said the other day. “Molla...” I replied. “Mianhae oppa.” I started softly.

“Bowh?”

“I... I heard it the other day...” I looked down.

“Heard out?” he asked, shocked.

“The confession...” I bite my lips lightly.

*Hyunsik's P.o.V”

“I... I heard it the other day...” I watched as she looked down on her feet.

Heard it the other day... My confession? “Heard out?” I asked, not able to mask the shock in my voice.

“The confession...” she bite her lips lightly.

“Oh that!! That's just a practice line!” I lied in order to comfort her.

“Jinjja?!” she called out in relief. “You scared me!” she smacked my arm lightly. After getting her drink, we walked up to the studio.

I piggyback Ilhoon before walking out. “Gomawa oppa!!” I watched her wave her hand from her studio before getting into the room.

We were reaching home when Ilhoon moved lightly. “You're awake?” I asked.

“Ne hyung...” he replied, getting onto his feet and started walking. It became quiet and I can sense him debating if he should tell me something or not.

“What are you going to ask?” I asked, looking at him.

“How do you know! Never mind that!” he said. 'I... I... I think I might have fall for Jieun...” he said, looking up at me.

“Really?” I said without a emotion, just keeping my head straight ahead.


“You find it weird isn't it!!!”

“Ani!! Jieun is a nice girl!”

“You like her!”

“Yah!”

“Mianhae! I was so trouble by this! Should I confess?” he asked, looking up at me.

“Molla... When you think the time is right... I guess after our comeback, in case she rejects you!!” I tease before running away.

“Hyung!!” he shouted before chasing after me.

I wasn't able to sleep for the whole night. Everything is like a mess to me... I guess it should just continue to be this way, so Jieun won't feel awkward. Before I know it, it's already dawn and Minhyuk is going round waking us up.

I just proceed along with the day, taking naps here and there. And before I know it, we're in the building, waiting to record our part but since we're performing live, we need to wait till the end.

“I'm here!~” Jieun sang, walking into the waiting room holding a box behind her. “Guess what I brought!” she asked excitedly.

“A cake!!” Changseob hyung shouted happily.

“It's not fun playing with you guys!” she called out childishly, placing the box on the table. “I spend the whole day baking it!” she announced as we crowd around the table.

tumblr_m6jjzeMS1m1r55hpm.jpg

“Is it eilable?” Ilhoon asked, looking up as soon as she finished her sentence.

“Yah!” she called, chasing after him, trying to hit him. We laughed at the two 94ers.

She spend the rest of the time in the waiting room with us. “Jieun you have to go soon...” Manager hyung said, walking into the room. “You have to record today so we can chose the title song...” he said,

“Ne oppa. I'll see you guys at home! Bye!” she wave before walking out of the room with hyung.

“Hyung!” I called to Minhyuk.

“Hmm?” he asked, looking up with the chopstick in his mouth.

“Someone like Jieun in this room!” I pointed at Ilhoon. His eyes widen as he looked from me to Ilhoon than back to me. I shook my head tightly to signal him to not tell. He nodded and smile at Ilhoon, pointing at him.


“Hyung!!” Ilhoon whine at me before all the hyung started cornering him with questions. Minhyuk walked over to me after a while.

“What about you?” he asked me softly.

“Jieun treats me like a oppa... I don't think I should make her feel awkward with me... I'm in a friendzone.” I replied sadly.

“Maybe she's just not the one for you... Cheer up! You still have me!” he started ticking me.

“Hyung! When are you so childish?” I asked him before attacking him back.

Let see if you have guess the song correctly!

The first song : NS Yoon G - Reason That I Became A Witch
The Second song :  Unripe Apple - HyunA