The Battle

.:: T A K E N ::.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

warning : violence ... lots and lots of violence >__<

it's a battle so yeah .... reader discretion is strongly advised 

Hyukjae held back a scream as he felt an agonizing pain on his chest. Again, a fresh wound appeared. Soobin the female witch stood a few feet away from him, grinning contently and doing nothing but flicking her finger toward him, making invisible line trough the air, yet the impact so visible on Hyukjae's bare skin. With each flick, a cut appeared. Sure the would would heal in no time, but for a wound that healed, Soobin would make another cut upon his pale skin. And each time Hyukjae had to held back anger and pain. Pain, because even though he can't be killed, he would still feel the pain. Anger, because there was nothing he could do to stop her since he was so weak and helpless.

He couldn't even move his body as the witch bonded both of his hands and tied them up to a wooden log above his head. He was powerless since the witches cast their evil spell on him, making him wear a small piece of jewelry made from a small leather cord with a bright red stone as pendant. The thing had taken away his power, he could feel it. In time he became more and more weak and barely support his own weight. If it wasn't because of the rope that tight his hands and tied firmly to a wooden rod, he would just fell down to the ground since his feet were too weak to support himself.

"I wonder if you can survive with those cut I've made." The female witch grinned wider as she moved closer. "Oh of course you can, I almost forgot you're a vampire. You can't be killed. But that makes everything more interesting. I'll have the pleasure of torturing you like this as long as I want."

Hyukjae clamped his jaw tightly as his left cheek felt like burning as if a sharp knife just slashed his skin. He didn't want to give her the pleasure by letting know the witch that he was in pain although every nerves on his body were screaming in agony. All he did was gritting his teeth and held back the scream. Dark red almost black blood were dripping from the fresh cut on his cheek, wetting the soil beneath his feet and Hyukjae cursed inside his head.

"What's a matter, hm? Feeling helpless and hopeless?" She laughed like a maniac, eyes mockingly staring at Hyukjae, feeling triumphant for seeing a vampire on his knees, so weak and helpless. Her fingers fiddling on the leather cord with small red gem stone pendant around Hyukjae's neck. "What do you know... this small thing here can absorb all your power and make you powerless. You can't even move a muscle, can you?

"You should take this amulet off of me, witch."Hyukjae said lowly as a mocking smirk painted on his face. "Let me show you what I can do to you. I don't think you will smile that much when I skinned you alive."

Soobin's grin disappeared from her lips as she heard him spoke and all of sudden she just draw a dagger that was hidden under her cloak and stab it hard on Hyukjae's lower stomach. She laughed contently as Hyukjae finally screamed.

"Ah.. the music to my ears." She whispered close to Hyukjae's ear as she pushed the dagger further and harder. "It's not that hard to pleased me, isn't it?"

"Why.. why don't you... just..k-kill me .." Hyukjae tried to speak as he tried to hold back the pain. "That's w-what.. you want .. isn't it, !"

"Hmm.. killing you is the easiest thing right now." She said as she pulled the dagger out, making Hyukjae scream once more. She grabbed Hyukjae's hair harshly and put the dagger on his throat. "I can cut your head off and burn your body as well as your head and you'll be out of this misery. But no .. "

"Then do it!" Hyukjae shouted. "Do it and let's get this over with!"

"Are you sure, Hyukjae?" She whispered. "Don't you wanna see your lover once more before you die? Or should I say, don't you wanna see him for the last time before he died?"

Hyukjae clenched his jaw as he know what she meant. She was talking about Donghae and it made him flinched.

"He'll be here soon." She said, playfully tapping the dagger that covered with his blood on his cheeks. "I should've made sure that he died when we left him last time. But then again, it won't be fun slaying those vampires easily without having someone that could fight back. It's no fun at all, you know. But we know he's not dead yet and he's coming here as we speak. Aren't you happy?"

"Just go to hell.. "

"No, you are the one that will go to hell. You and your kind and your bloody prince." She grinned as she draw herself away from Hyukjae. "The war between the witches and the vampires will start soon and we're gonna win this! I'll make sure you watch every blood ers vanished with our hand. I'll make sure you watch Donghae's head falls to the ground and dead!"

 

 

Donghae and the other arrived within hours at northwest, where Kangin and his coven along with Siwon were waiting. It was almost dawn and orange shade of sunlight already emerged from behind the far mountains. The surrounding was quiet and serene. Yet, there was nothing serene inside Donghae's chest and mind. There were only rambling waves of fears and worries.

He knew this feeling well. Too well even. The same feeling he had when Hyukjae was missing few years ago. He felt it again, the excruciating emptiness and constant fear. Fear of losing him again. But he knew Hyukjae was still alive. He could sense him. It was faint but he could feel him.

"Donghae? Are you alright?" Kyuhyun asked as he saw Donghae suddenly swaying, clutching on his own shirt tightly. "Is there something wrong?"

Donghae closed his eyes for a moment before open them up again and look at Kyuhyun straight into his eyes.

"I'm fine. It's Hyukjae." The young vampire answered. "For a moment I feel pain. It was only for a moment, then it disappeared. They did something to Hyukjae. I can feel it."

"You can feel it?" Kyuhyun frowned. "What do you mean? are you connected with Hyukjae? How is that possible?"

"I don't know. But I can feel what he feels." Donghae said. "I'm trying to track him up but there's something blocking me."

"That's weird." Kyuhyun frowned and turned his gaze to Leeteuk. "Hyung, how is that possible?"

Leeteuk tore his gaze away from Donghae and averted it to Kyuhyun. "Let's not forget that he is the blood moon prince."

"His power is beyond any of us, my friend." Kangin added. "Soon enough you will see."

"Speaking of power." Heechul joined in the conversation. "Will those witches have the same power as him? We know that he had Donghae's blood."

"I'm afraid so." Leeteuk answered, worry clearly shown on his face. "It's going to be hell."

"Then I think none of you should go with me." Donghae said after a thick silent.

The young vampire fisted his hands tightly. His mind went hazy as he tried so hard not to think of what the witches can do to any of them. 

"This is my battle." Donghae said. "None of you should go and ..."

"What?" Kyuhyun scoffed. "This is our battle too and  ... "

Donghae's eyes found Kyuhyun's and they were burning with bright red color, showing his emotion. Although it was something that everyone that presence had seen but yet they could feel a shiver run down their spines. There was something in his eyes that held so much power they had never seen before.

"I want you all to stay away." Donghae's eyes piercing into Kyuhyun's orbs and the later took a step back. "Only I can stop them. I won't let any of you get hurt. This is between me and them. I will make them pay for everything they did to me and to Hyukjae."

"What? Hell no!" Kyuhyun shouted despite being afraid of him. Afraid because he just denied the Prince that under any circumstances he must be obeyed. His Eyes was equally glowing with so much anger as Donghae just order him to just stand down without a fight like a coward. "This isn't about you and Hyukjae."

"Kyuhyun is right, I'm afraid." Leeteuks said. "This isn't just about you and Hyukjae. This is about our kind. They have started the war with us when they laid a finger on you. They knew you'll be one of us. And yet they dare to cross our path and steal something that was not belong to them. Your power."

"And they had slaughter the whole western coven. And let's not forget that they held hostage Hyukjae." Heechul added. "Everyone within our kind is precious. So yes, this is our battle too."

"I know you're the most powerful vampire between all of us. But it is a shameful thing if we just watch you fight them off from a far and do nothing. I don't mind getting hurt, let alone being killed." Kyuhyun said with a stern voice. "I'd rather die than watching them rule the world. Don't you see, Donghae? it's what they've ever wanted. To conquer the world. They're gonna wipe us out first because we're the one who could fight them. Imagine the world when they rule. Imagine what could have happened to the human civilization? Human are weak. So easy to divide and conquer."

"The burden is not yours alone, my prince." Leeteuk said as he tapped Donghae's shoulder lightly. "It's ours too."

The young vampire looked at each and everyone that presence before him, overwhelmed. Everyone of them was precious. And they were beyond selfish. They also thought about the human. A kind that probably won't do the same for them. Hell, they won't even do the same for their own kind sometimes. Donghae knew that too well. No one helped him when he was in deep back then when he was young and alone. No one give a damn.           

"Let's not waste anymore time." Kangin said. "Hyerin will lead us to where they held Hyukjae."

"Your sister is alright?" Leetuk asked, knowing from Siwon earlier that Hyerin was badly injured. But soon as he saw the young lady that just stepped forward, the worry disappeared.

"I'm more that alright."The young lady said. "Eager to slay those witches for what they have done to me and Hyukjae."

"You were with Hyukjae?"

Hyerin nodded, answering Donghae's question. "We were hunting deep into the forest when suddenly a lightning bolt struck us out of nowhere. Then those witched appeared. We fought, but they were too strong. I was injured and Hyukjae ... "

Donghae stepped closer to Hyerin, eyes pleading - asking her to go on. He needed to know what happened to Hyukjae.

"Hyukjae trade himself for my safety, so I can go back. But the witches let me go to give you the message. They are waiting for you."

"How many are they?" Nina asked and Hyerin sending her a cold look. She knew Nina was a witch and she didn't comfortable having her there and Nina knew right away. "I'm on your side."

"Why?" Hyerin scoffed. "What reason you have to fight on our side? You are one of them!"

"If there's anyone who has a better reason to fight with all of you, that would be me." Nina said as her gaze traveled to Siwon who was just standing with his arms crossed before his chest. "You all fight for your existence. Your prince will fight for you all and for his love. I will fight for my family."

Siwon's arms fell to his side slowly. Did he hear her right? Nina wanted to fight for him, his father who gave her up when she was only a child and it made Siwon wanted to stepped forward and hug her. But he knew it wasn't the time for him to do so. He didn't want to ruin the moment. At least now he know Nina is begin to accept him as his father and didn't deny him like before. And it was enough for him. 

Hyerin observed both father and daughter closely and she knew right away that Siwon and Nina had a bond. Softening her tone, she began to talk.

"There were many of them. Maybe hundreds. The three witches have gathered their army." Hyerin continued. "I'm sorry, I can't provide you with any info other than that. But I can tell you what they capable of. Their power was beyond any of us. We were so powerless before them."

"We have our army as well. "Kangin said. "All the remaining covens will be joining us soon. They're on their way."

"But we don't have much time." Donghae retorted. "I hardly feel Hyukjae anymore. I need to go."

"Yes, we should go now. The remaining covens will be joining us at the border. I can feel their presence already." Kangin said. "Awaiting for your order, my prince."

Donghae didn't say a word as he put his step one after another, walking gracefully toward the door. He could feel a heavy burden weighing on his chest as he walked pass each and everyone in that room. Their lives depend on him now. Hyukjae's life also depend on him. There was no turning back.

So he gather all his courage to walk through the door as he lead his new family..

To the battle field.

 

 

Hyukjae cracked his eyes open as he landed on a hard and wet surface that the witch threw him to for the nth time that night. A cold air hit his skin and never in his vampire life that he had experience such thing. Shivering from something as common as the air. He was laying on the cold ground carpeted with moist grass. The drizzle had making the ground and the grass rather wet. The next thing that registered to his mind after the cold was the pain. It was almost unbearable. The witches had tortured him so badly to the point that he wanted them to just finish him off. If he was a human he'd be dead by then. But he was damned to be a vampire. An immortal. No matter how many time the witches stabbed their dagger through his body or broke every bone they managed to find ever since he was caught, he would still be alive. Helpless and in pain.

His wounds no longer healed as fast as before. The amulet prevent that to happen. He was drained and he needed blood to restore his power and heal himself. But he knew those witches would never give him what he needed. He was a prisoner after all. The only power he had left was just the thought of his love one. For every pain he felt he replaced it with one pleasant memory he had with Donghae. 

He wanted to see him again more than anything. He believed he entitled to it. After all the things that had happened, he wanted a chance to just see him one more time. If he was going to die that night, he wanted to say goodbye at least, unlike before he was missing ten years a go. Donghae deserved better.

"The bloodsuckers are here."

Hyukjae heard one of them spoke and he couldn't help to smile faintly, not because he felt relieved that he will be saved. But because he had a chance to see him once again. Hyukjae blinked his eyes rapidly to get rid of the bleary sight. He wanted to see as clearly as possible the sight that he had been longing to see.

"Can you feel it?" Soobin asked as she wrapped her own arms around his body. "The chill is getting thick and just look at this.."

Soobin reached out his hand into the air and she could feel the drizzle turn into ice. They were hanging on the air sparkling like small diamond. She looked at Ryu with confused look upon her face.

"He did this. He could freeze the drizzle into ice." Ryu mumbled. "Looks like he's going to be hard to beat."

"To be able to control the element like this ... "Soobin said as she played with the ice that quickly melted on her hand. "He must have possessed great power. You have to be careful."

"Don't underestimate me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter