Death is Only The Beginning

.:: T A K E N ::.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

warning : reader discretion is advised!! this chapter contain violence and lots of blood and temporary death (? :pPpPP) ...

Donghae blankly stared at the burning sky through the small window inside this small room he had been captivated in. He cross-legged on the cold floor at one of the corner, back resting against the cold wall but that didn't seem to bother him. He was exhausted both physically and emotionally. And it wouldn't been a lie if he said he wasn't scared, knowing that his life would end at any moment.

The troubled man exhaled softly as his thoughts traveled back in time, head leaning weakly against the wall. His thumb unconsciously rubbing the ring on his ring finger. The ring that Hyukjae gave on the day he proposed. A faint smile tug on his lips as he remembered the video Hyukjae made to propose. He could see how nervous Hyukjae was from the screen. He remembered the flowers and the ring that hidden in between. Everything came back to him as if it was only yesterday.

He almost married to the man he loved, his savior, his hero. Donghae's eyes fell to the simple form of the ring and staring at it fondly as if it was his most precious thing in the whole world. For a moment it felt so unreal. But the ring that he kept there was a proof that he wasn't day dreaming. It was something real. He almost had a nearly perfect life. He had a perfect man who endlessly showered him with unconditional love and such, regardless how horrible his life was. He was just a nobody back then. Just someone who earn a living by pleasing anyone on bed. A toy that willing to do anything for bucks. And yet Hyukjae treated him with respect. He made him feel that he was special, he made him feel wanted and most of all he made him feel loved.

All of sudden the smile disappeared from his thin lips. Hyukjae was almost completely his, wasn't he? When he proposed that day he felt like he was the most luckiest and happiest man on the face of earth.

Almost....

That's how far he could get. Almost...

Donghae stared at the ring and a sad smile flashed on his face. At least, at least he thought, he had felt love. At least he had given all his love to the right person. Hyukjae saved him once, and it was his time to repay him. Even with his own life.

His thought were interrupted by the creaking sound of the door being opened. He turned his gaze toward the door for a mere seconds before turned away, didn't bother to see who was coming. It must be one of the witch and he didn't care just who.  

"Enjoying the view?"

It was Soobin. Donghae didn't bother to answer the witch's question. Instead he brought his vision back to the precious ring.

"What you got here? Is that a ring?" Soobin asked again, moving closer toward Donghae as she spoke. "Must be someone important. What was his name.. that bloodsucker?"

"Don't ever speak of him with your filthy mouth." Donghae mumbled tiredly. "His name is too precious for your foul mouth." 

"Oh.. how sweet." She smirked. "It's funny though, how you adore him that way. He was just nothing but a condemned creature. Are you worry about him, Donghae? Don't be though. I'm sure he's alright now thanks to our generous help. He's probably hunting somewhere to satisfy his needs. blood. Isn't it disgusting? Don't you feel disgusted?"

"If there's anyone that disgusted me, that would be you." Donghae smirked back. "You and your kind. Vampires take blood only to survive. You and your kind on the other hand ..."

"We don't do this often, you see, We only going to take yours because yours is so precious and powerful and it is the main ingredient to slay those bloodsuckers." Soobin said with a smug smile tug on her face. "We've been enemy for thousands years and it's about time to end this once for all. And for that we need you - the soon to be vampire prince. I bet you feel sorry now. That precious bloodsucker of yours might survive for now, but not for long unfortunately. Thanks to you. If you hadn't come here you might lose him, but you were going to save hundreds of his kind. But since you're here, everyone will be dead!"

Donghae fisted his hands as Soobin's laugh echoed through the room. Maybe Soobin was right. Maybe it was a mistake to come here on the first place, but deep down he knew he did the right thing. He did it to save Hyukjae and somehow he felt that this was not the end.

"If you think your boy friend will save you now, you're dead wrong." Soobin added as if she knows what he was thinking. "Because you're dead either way. Now come along. We're ready for you. The blood moon eclipse is almost complete. It's time to embrace your destiny. You're not afraid to die, are you?"

Donghae scoffed, smiling at her bravely. His fear was long gone. "I'm not afraid of anything. Death is only the beginning. I guarantee you that."

Soobin's face turned so cold upon hearing it. All of sudden she raised his hand and cast a spell. Donghae didn't even have time to react because the next thing he felt was an extreme pain on his head and on a few second later his vision became dark and his body collapse helplessly to the floor.

 

   

Cold ..

Excruciating cold was all he felt as he regain consciousness back. The cold wind brushed strongly upon his skin and making him shivered. Slowly he opened his eyes and was surprised to see the big red moon above him. The witches must've brought him outside when he was unconscious. He tried to moved his hands and legs but he didn't manage to do so. He turned his head abruptly to the side and he could see that his own hands were stretched and tied up to the side. Lifting his head slightly he saw his legs were bonded together with a large rope. Panic started to creeping in as cold air once again blew. He was half , tied on a very cold surface which he later realized that it was a huge flat stone. 

Donghae started to panting hard when he saw three hooded men standing around him. They were chanting in a language he didn't understand. He gasped as he felt a cold hands grabbed his head and pressed it down.

"Relax, Donghae.."

It was Soobin. Donghae couldn't see her face under the black long hooded cloak she was wearing. But he could recognized her voice.

"What are you doing to me?" Donghae asked between his heavy panting. "What.. what is this?"

"Vampires are approaching!" one of them shouted before Soobin could open his mouth and answer his question. Donghae was alert all of sudden. He frantically look at every direction his eyes could reach. But there was nothing his eyes could see.

Were they really coming? Did Kyuhyun and the other return for him? was Hyukjae with them?

Hyukjae ....

He wanted to see him most, although deep down he wished he wouldn't, because he knew they might harm him just like they told him earlier. But it would be a lie if he said he didn't want to see him. In fact there was nothing in the world he wanted to see most but Hyukjae. He wanted to see that he was alright and well. Nothing else matters.

Then his eyes saw shadows moving to his direction from a far and his heart started to pounding fast. The silhouette became more and more clear as they came close and he could see at least five person running and closing in and he recognized one of them.

For a moment, his heart stop beating as he saw him. It was Hyukjae. His Hyukjae!

"Hyukjae... " He mumbled softly to himself as a faint smile stretched on his face. "He's alright ... Hyukjae's alright.."

"Oh right, Hyukjae." Soobin's voice reached his ear and it made him flinched. But he kept his eyes on Hyukjae. "I kept forgetting his name. But it doesn't matter, like I care! He's just a bloodsucker to me."

"Don't ever speak of him like that!" Donghae shouted. "Let me go!"

"Do you really think he can save you? look again and see if they can get any closer. I already sealed this place with a little magic and no one can enter."

Do

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter