At Northeast

.:: T A K E N ::.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Why are we stopping?" Hyukjae asked, confused as Siwon suddenly stopped running. It was almost midnight and Hyukjae could see clearly the other's face was tensed up under the moonlight. His eyes carefully sweeping the entire place, trying to find any reason that made Siwon stopped. But he couldn't find any. There was nothing suspicious within their surrounding. Just trees and fogs everywhere. No movement, no nothing. Everything just quiet. "Siwon?"

"We're here." He said lowly. "We are at the northeast coven territory. There's a village behind that mountain."

"We must hurry then."

"Wait .."

"What?"

"Do you sense that?"

Hyukjae's frown deepen, clueless of what Siwon talking about. But then he sensed it. Vampires. They were approaching. Not just one, but so many that Siwon could not possibly distinguished any familiar sense at all. He knew some of the northeast coven members. But none of these sense he could recognized. They came from every direction and they were coming fast. Siwon and Hyukjae stood back to back, getting ready for anything that might come.

"How dare you crossed our territory."

A female voice was heard. Her voice echoed from every direction that it was impossible for them to know where it came from.

"We meant no harm." Siwon said. Knowing perfectly clear that he had trespassed another coven's territory. "We apologize for trespassing your territory. But we are here to see your leader."

"Who are you? and what do you want?"

"We're form east. Leeteuk sent us. We're here to see Kangin."

"What's your intention?"

"I prefer to speak with Kangin himself, if you don't mind."

Then nothing was heard. Silent enveloped them both as the night sky getting dark, yet the moon light shone so bright. It was no longer red like the day before. Hyukjae's thought instantly flew to the one he loved. The blood moon eclipse had passed. And Donghae should be awake by now. But he didn't know if he did and it made him restless and impatient. He wanted to finished this mission so he could go back and see him.

"What's your name." the voice echoed through the woods, sound friendlier now.

"My name is Siwon."The handsome vampire introduced himself as his gaze fell on Hyukjae's face. "And this is Hyukjae, the blood moon prince's guardian."

Gasped were heard from every direction, distracting both of their concentration, lowering their guard unconsciously. And before both of them could regain their guard back, a female appeared before them, eyes wide like a saucer, hands were covering .

"Did .. did you say.."

"You heard it right, my lady." Siwon bowed before her, showing that he meant no harm and pay respect to the northeast coven's vampires. Siwon didn't know who she was, he never seen her before all his life. But he knew she must be one of their strong members, knowing the power she had.

The bewilder vampire before them was young and beautiful. She had the most beautiful red and wavy hair. Her almond shape eyes widen and the red color that was painted them were slowly faded and turned to amber.

"Does that mean .. the blood moon prince is .." She spoke silently straight to Siwon using her telepathic ability, hesitant to continue as her eyes fell on Hyukjae.

"Yes, my lady." Siwon suddenly spoke, making Hyukjae frown even deeper. He didn't know that the vampire before him were communicating with Siwon through telepathy, an ability that both Siwon and the female vampire apparently had in common.

Slowly she stepped toward Hyukjae. The young vampire took a step back as he saw her coming. He didn't want to lower his guard down as more vampires appeared from the darkness and circling them.

"Ask him to show me the mark."

Siwon nodded and turned his gaze to Hyukjae. "Show her your mark."

"What? I'm not gonna strip in front of ... "

Hyukjae didn't even manage to finish his sentence when all of sudden his shirt was torn apart and fell helplessly to the soil beneath him. So fast that he barely see anything that might cause it. He snarled and feeling violated and was ready to attack back but Siwon got him, holding him back as he whispered to calm him down.

"What is this commotion?!" A male voice was heard and every vampires that presence instantly bow their head.

Siwon's smile widen as he saw who was approaching. It was Kangin. The leader of northeast coven. 

"I'd be damned! Siwon! Welcome my old friend." Kangin could not suppress his grin as he saw his guests and opened up his arms wide open toward Siwon who did the same. "You still look stunning since the last time I saw you."

"Well, you're not bad either, Hyung. It's been a long time, isn't it?"

"It is. You don't know how happy I am to see you again." Kangin said, gesturing the guests to sit on the couch. "What brings you here, Siwon? and what is this?!"

Kangin looked at his surrounding, making every vampires that presence flinched.

"What kind of welcome party did you all throw to my dear old friend?!" He snapped. Then he turned his gaze to the female vampire next to him. "Hyerin~ah .."

Hyerin, the female vampire bowed her head deeply, acknowledge her mistake. "I'm sorry, I didn't know. They were trespassing and as your first in command it is my duty to defend our territory. Some more there has been news about witches that slaying the entire western coven and therefore I need to stay alert."

"And as my sister you should greet my dear old friend with honor and respect!"

"Kangin hyung, she's not at fault. I'm truly sorry for trespassing. But I'm afraid I have a bad news for all of us." Siwon said politely. "And the news about the western coven was true and that's why I'm here."

Kangin nodded in understanding. "I'm sorry Siwon. We better go to our place now so we can talk. Who's your friend here?"

"This is Hyukjae." Siwon introduced the still annoyed man next to him. "He's part of the important news I would like to tell you about."

Kangin averted his gaze from Siwon to the half vampire next to him and smirked a little. "Is he always like that? or .. "

Hyukjae lost it. He didn't like being degraded and humiliated like that and launched himself toward Kangin. The handsome vampire was more than ready to counter his attack, being old and much stronger vampire made Kangin whole lot faster than Hyukjae, who hadn't even hunt for days. Plus the journey to the northwest really drained his energy. In a blink of an eyes Kangin had him thrown away and slammed him up to the nearest tree. Hyukjae growled loudly, clearly annoyed at the sudden defeat.

"I'd be damned.." Kangin muttered in shock as he saw the mark on Hyukjae's shoulder. He quickly pulled away a few steps. Hyukjae turned around so fast and was about to launched another attack when he saw the expression on Kangin's face. The older vampire suddenly bowed his head so deeply that it made Hyukjae stopped on his track. 

"Fight me!" Hyukjae growled. But Siwon quickly moved to his side and stopped him, shaking his head as he tapped Hyukjae's shoulder lightly.

"I wouldn't dare to fight the blood moon prince's guardian." Kangin muttered with a thick apologetic tone. "Please forgive me for not knowing."

Only then Hyukjae realized that Kangin must have seen the crescent moon mark on his left shoulder. The vampire before him didn't even dare to lift his face and look him in the eye.

"Hyung, we don't have much time." Siwon pleaded. There was this thick urgency in his voice and Kangin quickly nodded

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter