The Rescue

.:: T A K E N ::.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Siwon stood by the door and just staring at Hyukjae. There was nothing more he could do except watching Hyukjae channeling his anger, throwing every single thing his hand could laid on once they stepped into his house. Everything broken and scattered but Hyukjae just couldn't stop raging.

The man just found out how unfair life had been treating him. He just learned the truth and how horrible it was. His nearly perfect life was taken away because of what? Because of some ridiculous reason he had ever heard. Because all of these were meant to be? How ridiculous did it sound?  How could anyone messed up with his own life? Who gave anyone the right to change his life just like that? And all because of stupids reasons his brain couldn't except.

Hyukjae was terrified.

He didn't want Donghae to become like him. Even to imagine it made him sick, knowing how sweet and gentle Donghae was. He was so angry and frustrated because he simply didn't know that to do to stop this madness. If what the elder told him was true, then within a week, when the blood moon eclipse took place, his sweet and wonderful Donghae will become like him, a monster, a blood monster.

Hyukjae eventually stopped when there was nothing left to be thrown. The anger had drained his emotion to the point that he couldn't feel anything anymore. Everything just numb. He couldn't even hear his own frantic breathing once he was done. He couldn't even feel the pain from all those cut on every bit of his skin when he collapse onto those tiny pieces of shattered glass. His white shirt stained with so much blood, but yet he didn't care.

Donghae...

Hyukjae's tears fell on his cheeks. How life could be this horrible? He didn't want this life, he never asked for any of this. He hated himself that he was so helpless now. He didn't know where to start to find Donghae. He didn't know whether he was still alive or not. If being a his guardian was true, then he did a terrible job to do so because he had failed. He was supposed to keep him safe, to protect him. But he had failed. He hated himself for leaving Donghae alone that day.

He felt so weak all of sudden. He didn't know was it because of he had lost all of his energy to the crazy act he just did or because he hadn't hunt for almost a week. He just couldn't think straight nor care about anything anymore.

"I'm sorry, Hyukjae." Kyuhyun said with a low tone, but it was loud enough for Hyukjae to hear. "I didn't know about all this at first. I found out about everything after I've changed you."

"So what? What are you trying to say? that it was all meant to be? That it was fate that made me who I am today? Go yourself.." Hyukjae said weakly. There was no angry tone on his voice, he was fierce as before. Closing his eyes, he rested his head on the wall behind him.

"I'm sorry for everything. You have the right to be angry. I wish I can undo what had happened. But I can't." Kyuhyun said as he sat next to Hyukjae. "I was angry when it happened to me. But later on I've learnt to accept my fate and continue living. There's always a reason behind everything that happened to us. I know it sound funny but that's just the way it is. One day you'll understand and find a way to accept it."

There was a long silence that follow. Everyone just stay silent for a moment before Hyukjae spoke.

"I don't care about my life now. I only care about Donghae's. What will happen to him, Kyuhyun? Either way are bad news, aren't they?"

"We have to find him. That's for sure. The witches only want his power. They will do anything to prevent him to become a vampire."

"Funny. I thought you also didn't want him to change? I remember you told me not to change him."

"Because if you change him sooner, everything what we've been waiting for will be wasted. The changes must be done during the blood moon eclipse."

"Why? and how?"

"Why? because he will have the power to lead all of our kind. He will unite us all. If you change him sooner than he'll be just like you and I. How? I have no idea, Hyukjae. I didn't plan to turn you to a  vampire back then. I was alone and I needed company. So among other people, I've chosen you. I'm so sorry for that. But then it turned out that changing you was something that meant to be. The elder came to me and told me everything. They told me that I was the one who had awaken the guardian. It happened during the first phase of the blood moon ten years ago. Can't you see? it was meant to be."

"This is all bull." Hyukjae said, shaking his head faintly. "This not happening to Donghae. I'll find him. And I promise you that I will take him away from here."

"That's up to Donghae to decide." Siwon finally said. "Right now we have to find him and bring him back to see the elder. He has the right to know all this."

"Yeah? what are you going to say to him? That you're going to take away his precious life and turning him into some blood monster? Well, you can go to hell!" Hyukjae shouted. "There's no way I'm gonna let it happen! I'm gonna go to find him and I swear on my condemned life that I will take him away from all of you monsters!" 

"Hey!" Siwon harshly grabbed his shirt and made him stand on his feet but second later his body was slammed to the nearest wall. "Don't use that tone on me! I'm only trying to help you find Donghae! But I can't let you go ... not when you're all emotional like this!"

"I don't need anyone to help me! especially the elders and you!" Hyukjae snarled angrily. "I won't have anyone who made us through hell to help me and Donghae! Just leave us alone! haven't you all done enough already?!"

"You don't know what you're up against!" Siwon said, worry clearly heard from the tone of his voice. "They're too powerful, Hyukjae. You have no idea what they can do to you. Especially when you're like this.. you haven't even hunt to restore your power. You can't even break free from me!"

Hyukjae tried to struggle but Siwon was right. He couldn't even move an inch.

"How can you hide this from me?" Hyukjae asked. "You from all other... how can you hide it from me?"

"Hyukjae, I swear I didn't know." Siwon said as he loosen the grip on Hyukjae's shoulder. "I found you on the woods and took care of you without even knowing any of these. I didn't know that Kyuhyun was the one who changed you and the reasons behind it. Can't you see? It was all meant to be."

"Meant to be??!" Hyukjae shouted and laughed while the tears kept on rolling down his face."He had no right to change me! None of you! He had no right to mess up with my life! I didn't ask any of this! I had the most perfect life back then, with someone that I loved and now look what all of you had done to us!"

Siwon couldn't say anything beside bowing his head down. He wished he could say the right thing to comfort him. But he knew nothing he say now would do any good.

"All of this happen just because of what?" Hyukjae continued. "Just because somebody was born on the wrong time? Donghae is the sweetest person I've ever known and like this shouldn't happen to him! I won't let any of you changed him! I will find him and I will take him away from all of you!"

Hyukjae started to walk away when Siwon stop him again. "You don't know where he is. You can't even track him down. There's only one way to find him."

Siwon took a deep breath before he continued, knowing that his suggestion might endangering the person he loved most.

"Let's go see Nina. Maybe she can help us to find Donghae."

 

 

Finding Nina was easy, but it surely not easy when trying to talk to her. The first thing she did was using the power she had to take both of them down. Siwon could defend himself well, but couldn't say the same with Hyukjae. He was too weak to even dodge the attack. Nina was too powerful for the already exhausted vampire. He was like a lifeless doll, being slammed and tossed to the ground. But instead of fighting her back, Hyukjae just let her do as she pleased. He wanted her to at least stay away from Siwon. Despite anything, he didn't want Nina to hurt her own father. Beside, he was already weak, Siwon had a better chance on finding Donghae if anything happened. She only stopped charging when Siwon mention about Donghae, that Donghae was in trouble and they needed her help.

"Where is Donghae?!" She shouted angrily, keeping Hyukjae on the ground with her power. "What did you do?!"

"He didn't do anything! please stop and let's talk.." Siwon asked as he knelt beside Hyukjae who was in pain. "Please let him go, you are hurting him.."

"Let me take care of this witch!" Kyuhyun snarled, completely forget what Siwon told him about who Nina was and what she was to him when they were on the way to find her.

"No! Kyuhyun please! Stay away from her or I swear on my wife's grave I'll kill you!' Siwon shouted back before facing Nina. "Nina, please! We need your help to find him!"

Nina flicked his hand and Hyukjae screamed in agony.

"Nina, I beg you.." Siwon pleaded once more. "I won't hurt you. We need your help.."

"Let.. let her kill me.." Hyukjae said as he stopped struggling, letting Nina do as she pleased. "I don't care.. you can kill me, but please .. please help Siwon to ... to find Donghae.."

"Do you really think I will fall for that?! All of you are monsters!!"

"You know perfectly well that we can take you down so fast you won't even know it coming! but we didn't!" Siwon shouted. His eyes were pleading desperately. "We came here to ask for your help! If you don't want to help me then please help Donghae. He's in danger and we have to save him!"

Nina averted her gaze at Siwon. She could see how desperate the man was. He was right. They both could take her down in a blink of the eye, but they didn't. Nina's eyes traveled back to the vampire that laid still on the ground. He looked even more than just desperate. He didn't even struggling anymore, as if he just lost his will to live. Nina realized there was only one thing in the world that can make a man like that. And the tears that rolled on his cheek confirmed it.

So she stopped..

She was so determent to kill the man that she didn't realize she had used all her power and energy into it. Swaying as she stepped back, she was trying so hard to stand still. But her legs gave in. She was more than surprise to find strong arms wrapped protectively around her shoulders, prevent her from falling. She didn't even see Siwon move, and yet there he was already stood behind her, holding her body so gently.

"Are you alright?" He asked worriedly. "You shouldn't use your power like that. It will drained your energy."

"I don't need your help." Nina said with a harsh tone. She looked into Siwon's eyes and instantly could tell that he was hurt by her words. She turned her head away and with a soft tone she said "Help your friend. He needs your help more than I do."

Siwon then nodded and let her go after he was sure that she could stand up on her own. He helped Hyukjae up. The young vampire looked rather pale and weak. Putting his arm around his shoulder, Siwon lifted him up.

"What happened to Donghae?" Nina asked. "What do you mean he's missing? How?"

"It was my fault." Hyukjae answered lowly. "I left him alone. I know I shouldn't, after what happened a day before I shouldn't have left him alone."

"Someone kidnapped him." Siwon continued.

"Vampires?"

"I don't think so." Hyukjae said. "No vampire can touch him, thanks to your amulet. I'm pretty sure because I know what it can do to a vampire."

Nina smiled triumphantly, knowing that the amulet had been protecting Donghae well. She was glad that she insisted Donghae to keep it. At least she knows for sure that no vampire could ever near him.

"So we thought someone else kidnapped him. Someone that didn't effected with the amulet." Siwon said. "One of our friend think that the witches got him."

"The witches?" Nina frowned. "Why would the witches want him? Don't you dare pointing your finger just because you've failed to protect him! Why would the witches want him?"

"There's something about Donghae that you should know."

And so Siwon told her everything they know about who Donghae really was. By the time he was finished, seem like Nina was far from being convinced.

"So you are telling me that Donghae is the blood moon prince?" Nina asked, almost laughing as she speak. "You all monsters are really unbelievable, don't you know that? How can you be so sure that Donghae was the one? Just because he was born at the same time as the blood moon doesn't mean that he's the one. Does he has the mark? have you seen it? You do know the legend of the blood moon prince, don't you? Every time he's reborn his guardian will reborn before him, to protect him. If he was the one then his guardian should be with him. Donghae was all alone, was he not? He has no one to protect him. Especially when there are so many horrible creature lurking around him like all of you!"

"This guardian that you were talking about, can you tell me about him?" Hyukjae asked. "Tell me about him, please. I need to know."

"There will always be four phase of blood moon eclipse that marked the reborn of the said prince and his guardian. As far as I remember the first and second phase happened 30 years ago. Second phase happened at the same year, on October. And even if Donghae was born on October it doesn't mean that he was the one."

"When was the first phase?" Hyukjae asked.

"I ... I'm not sure the exact date but it was around April." Nina said. "And he will have the same mark as the Prince."

"What does the mark look like?" Hyukjae asked while slowly ed his shirt off, making Nina frowned.

"Crescent moon. " She answered. "A crescent moon shape on his skin.."

Slowly Hyukjae turned around and let his shirt fell from his shoulder slowly, revealing a small tattooed-like mark on his left shoulder. "Was it something like this?"

Nina's eyes widen to the revelation. She couldn't believe her own eyes. Slowly she walked toward Hyukjae without breaking her gaze off of the crescent moon shape mark on Hyukjae's milky white skin.

"My God.. " She muttered lowly as her fingers gently touch the mark. "The guardian mark."

Hyukjae turned around slowly and Nina backed away abruptly.

"I was born on April 4th thirty years ago." Hyukjae said. "I have the mark. If you have something that you can say to deny it, please do so because I really want that all of these are not true. Because if I was the guardian then I surely have failed. I have failed to protect him."

"You were born on the first phase of the eclipse. "Nina covered as she speak. "And this mark of yours... My God, you are the guardian! Does Donghae have the same mark?"

"I don't know, Nina." Hyukjae said softly. "I honestly don't know. But even if he was not the prince, would you still help us find him? I need to find him."

"He must be." Nina muttered lowly. "The second phase happened in October."

"Donghae was born on October 15th." Kyuhyun said. "Our kind has been guarding him for a very long time, even before he was born. He's our Prince."

Nina turned around and looked at the clear night sky. Her heart pounding so loud that everyone could hear it. But she didn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter