By the Waterfalls

.:: T A K E N ::.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Donghae stopped right in front of the door, hesitant to knock. He was afraid to face Sungmin this time. Afraid that sungmin would mad, that he no longer tolerated his absurd action yesterday, taking off leaving him wondering, like always. But Donghae knew sooner or later he had to face him. He owe him that much to explain on every action he took. After gathered all his courage, he knocked.

"Look who's back." Sungmin said after seeing who came.

He leaned back on his chair and looked at Donghae. He just stared at him and said nothing else. Donghae could see that Sungmin was mad. The look on his face was so tense up and Donghae knew he had to explain something.

"Yeah, I'm back." Donghae said. "Ming .. "

"What is your excuse now?"

"I can explain."

"Then do please explain." Sungmin said. "Because honestly since this weird thing going on with you I've going through a hard time trying to look out for you. I spent my time worrying about you. And after what happened yesterday, honestly I don't know what I should do with you."

"Ming, I'm sorry." Donghae pleaded. "Let me explain. Don't mad at me."

"Like I said, please explain."

Donghae took a deep breath and sat himself in front of Sungmin, trying to find a sentence, a word to start explaining.

"Weird thing happened to me." Donghae started to explain. "I don't know what happened exactly but I all I know I started to forget things. I was having problem remembering things lately. I remembered going home to work one afternoon, and woke up on my bed the next morning without remembering what happened in between. I often woke up with bruises all over my body but I didn't remember how I got them. I always feel tired like I have been doing things but I can't remember what. I don't really know if I'm sick physically or mentally but I'm sure you know better since you often find me fainted from time to time."

"Yeah I know. It scared me." Sungmin said. "Big time."

"Sorry, Ming."

"Go on. What happened yesterday?"

"I didn't know what happened exactly but you already know why I didn't come home for days last time, right? I was at this guy's house, his name is Eunhyuk. He and his friend took me home because he found me unconscious near the woods. I'm sorry I can't tell you why I was there because I swear I don't remember anything."

"Were you looking for Hyukjae again?" Sungmin said. "I know you often go to look for him, going from town to town near here asking some people if they ever saw him."

"Maybe, I don't remember. But the funny thing is, I also started to forget how Hyukjae was like. I mean I remember him, but I can't remember his face."

Sungmin frowned at that statement. But he didn't say anything and let Donghae finished his story.

"I keep trying to picture his face in my head but I couldn't. And if you hadn't remind me of his stuffs inside that box I would never remember his face. I know it's weird. Everything is weird and doesn't make sense but that's what happened. And when I saw his picture, I was shocked and couldn't believe myself because believe it or not Hyukjae looked exactly like Eunhyuk."

"What?" Sungmin's voice risen a bit. "What do you mean look like Eunhyuk? The guy who helped you?"

"Yes. That's why I just took off yesterday. They are exactly alike. Like twins. So I went to see him. I just wanna know if he was Hyukjae."

"But if he was Hyukjae, wouldn't he recognize you?"

"Yes. So that's why I was looking for him. I was certain that Eunhyuk is Hyukjae and I wanna know why he didn't recognize me. So I went to his house and confront him."

"And?"

"He said he was not Hyukjae. He said he might look like Hyukjae but he's not him. I even ask him stupid question like .. maybe he ever had an accident or something that might cause him lost his memory and made him not recognize me, but he said no. And that's all I can explain to you, Ming. I'm not expect you to understand me anymore, because honestly I don't even understand myself anymore. I don't understand any of this."

Donghae lowered his head and smile bitterly. "I understand if you're mad and fired me. I've been nothing but burden to you since the first time I got here. I'm really sorry."

"I'm not mad." Sungmin said. "Ok, maybe a little. But I'm more concern about you. This is gotta stop at some point, Donghae. and now is the right time. I know it's not easy to do, but let's move on. You need to move on."

"I know, ming." Donghae mumbled. "Maybe you're right.. maybe you're wrong. I don't know. Right now, just give me an assignment to keep me busy so I won't think about this. I need distraction."

"Are you sure?" Sungmin looked into his eyes. "Because I think I have one assignment for you, you sure you can handle it?"

Donghae nodded. "I need this, Ming."

Sungmin wrote something on a piece of paper and handed it to Donghae. "Be at the waterfall within 2 hours, bring your equipment."

Donghae observed the paper on his hand closely. "Pre-wed shot?"

"Yes." Sungmin nodded. "Meet the couple there and do your job well."

"Ok, I'll call them up right now before going." Donghae turned and walked toward the door. But suddenly he turns around and faces Sungmin. "Thanks Ming. I won't let you down."

"Take care, uh?" Sungmin smiled. "And come back safely."

 

 

Donghae sat on a rock, looking into the screen on his camera, previewing the shoots he took moment ago. He looked content and satisfied. He managed to shoot some beautiful pre-wed pictures today at that pretty place. The scenery was lovely and romantic. A wide range of green grass surrounded by woods and small hills. They were shooting at the small hill, using the waterfall as background for the photo shoot.

Everything was so perfect that day. The lighting was just perfect, the client were lovely and looked great together. They were excited and happy when Donghae showed them some of the previews. They loved his work and it made Donghae happy. It has been awhile since the last time he use his camera, and with everything that happened he was surprised that he still remember how to take some shoots.

Donghae inhaled deeply as he swiped the entire scenery with his eyes. The beauty of this place captured his heart. People that lived around this place must be lucky, for being able to see such a nature wonder. And then he remembered that Eunhyuk house was in the area. He wondered if Eunhyuk often come here. He knew he would if he had a house here. The sound of the waterfalls was so serene and calming. The fresh air and beautiful scenery, he won't miss that for anything.

Donghae was about to get up from where he sat when suddenly he saw someone standing on a second layer of the waterfalls. Donghae quickly reach out for his camera bag and took the longest range lens there. Once installed to his camera, he aimed it and started to look into the viewfinder.

Donghae frowned soon as his lens zoom in and had a clear focus on that half man.

It was Eunhyuk. What was he doing up there?

Donghae took multiple shots of him. He could see Eunhyuk face clearly through his lens. He was so calm and showing no fear at all even though he stood on the edge. The first layer of waterfalls was about 35 meters high behind him and create thick mist. But still Eunhyuk showing no sign of being cold.

Donghae continued taking some pictures of him when suddenly out of the blue Eunhyuk just jump. Donghae gasped. The second layer waterfall was about 20 meters high. Below the falling waters was a rocky river. No one would survive after falling that high. What the was Eunhyuk doing?

Still clutching to his camera, Donghae ran down the hill and running toward the waterfalls. The thick mist greet him when he get there. It was cold and Donghae couldn't find Eun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter