Awakening

.:: T A K E N ::.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Where am I?

Why everything's so .. dark?

and the silence ..

I don't like this ..

Where am I?? Why can't I see anything?

Donghae lifted his hands .. but he couldn't see them. He took a step forward carefully, afraid that he might stumbled on something. But there was nothing. Slowly he reached out his hands, trying to find something. Anything at all .. but there was nothing in the air.

"Hello!!! is anyone here?!" Donghae shouted. But no one answered. Only his own echo reached his ears and he began to panic.

He didn't know where he was, he couldn't see anything, just pitch dark and it scared him right down to the bone. He was about to shout another desperate call to anyone when he heard someone humming. It was faintly, almost a whisper at first. But then it got louder in time and Donghae recognized the voice. It was a female voice, humming a lullaby. 

Donghae stood still, trying to listen. He knew that voice. He knew that lullaby. But he couldn't see anything, he couldn't even hear where did the voice come from. It came from everywhere, faintly at first but then got louder and louder. He was scared. Donghae was scared to the point that his legs and whole body was shaking. Unconsciously he wrapped his arms around his trembling body.

Then all of sudden he saw a flicker of light not so far from where he stand. It was dim. But it was enough to make Donghae run toward it. Finally a light. It was better than stayed in the darkness. He didn't know how many steps he took to get to the light, it felt like forever. And when he was about to reach it, Donghae stopped as he realized something. He saw someone he knew by heart and soul. He recognized the person under the dim light.

"Mom?"

"Sleep Donghae~ah." The female held a tiny being in her arms, a baby. She smiled fondly at the baby. "Why you keep on crying? Mommy's here. Don't cry.."

"Mom?" Donghae whispered. He couldn't believe her eyes. It was his mother sit on a rocking chair under the dim light. But why was she here? and why she held a baby in her arms? Why was she .. alive?

His brain told him to stay away. He knew his mom died long time ago, when he was only fifteen years old. But seeing her there at that time made his heart filled with warmth and happiness. He missed her. He missed her so terribly. How he wanted to just run and hug her and cry his heart out. Telling her how much he missed her. Telling her how happy he was to see her again after all this time.

Donghae was about to move closer but he couldn't move. He couldn't get closer to his mother as if an invisible glass separate them.

"Mom! mom it's me Donghae! Mom.. can you hear me?! Mom!!"

Donghae shouted again and again. A tear fell on his cheek. Why she didn't hear him calling? Why she didn't even avert her gaze when he called her?

"My Donghae, my precious angel.." She smiled at the baby proudly and kissed it's forehead before humming a lullaby. "Remember Mommy always love you."

"Mom.. please.. "Donghae was sobbing. "Mom, I miss you.. why can't you hear me? mom!"

"Donghae, please stop crying .."She asked, rocking the baby in her arms. "Mommy's always with you. Don't be afraid and sleep my child.."

Donghae looked at the baby in her arms and he realized something. He recognized the baby in her arms. It was him. The baby was him. How can that be? What is this? is this some kind of memory? He tried to reasons what he saw but then the light started to dim out and taking his mom and the baby away from his vision. Donghae panic and started to scream, calling his mother over and over.

But then he saw another dim light flicker from the corner of his eyes and he run toward it. And again he couldn't get any closer from it. His eyes widen as he saw himself talking and laughing with his friends. He recognized every one of them. They were his schoolmate on high school.

"Ya Donghae! Good job, Captain! You sent them home with their tails between their legs today.. 3-1! Let's celebrate!"

"Thanks, Guys. We did it!"

"Talent scouts were among the crowd today. I think they had their eyes on you, man!"

Donghae remembered this. He was the captain of his high school football team. They won that day on their national annual football championship for high shcool and his team won against the defending champion. It was one of the happiest moment of his life. He smiled unconsciously.

He was about to call one of them when another dim light flicker not to far from this one and he saw himself crying on the bed. He remembered about it. He remembered what made him cried that day. It was when his mother and father left him alone in this world. It was the day they told him that his parents were killed in an accident. Donghae's heart clenched painfully inside his chest.

Another light flicker and Donghae couldn't help but helplessly drop down on the dark floor he couldn't even see. He saw himself at the club, flirting with some girls and men. Another light flicker and he saw himself laying on the bed panting hard being held by a man. No, by a woman. By many different people ... 

Donghae couldn't breathe. He knew all this images. He knew all this memories. His parents death was the turning point of his nearly perfect life. He was all alone facing the world. He shut himself down from everyone ever since. His parents left him with nothing. Except a great deal of debt that he had to take care off. A burden that no teenager should bear. He was alone, clueless and far too innocent. He started to work part time here and there to support himself but it was never enough. Barely enough to live day by day, let alone to pay back the debt his parent left behind. Soon he lost the house where he and his family live and had those happy memories. He was desperate because no one can help him.

He had no choice.  

It was his whole life flashing before him. Overlapping. Voices were everywhere now. Donghae couldn't even catch any of them. And each time, each scene was displayed before him and it made him trembling. Yes, those were his life flashing before him. Everywhere he turned he saw his life flashing and it made him daze and confused. What the hell happened? where the hell was he? what is this place?

Then he saw him..

Donghae's heart skipped a bit. Him ..

He didn't know where did the strength came from but found himself got up from the floor and dragged his feet toward this dim light, the dim light where he saw him.

"Hyu... Hyukjae?" he called faintly as tears keep on falling on his cheeks. 

That smile ... those eyes ... Hyukjae ...

It was so vivid as if it happened only yesterday. The very first day he saw him. He was sitting alone in the bar. Donghae swore he was the most handsome guy he had ever seen, although at that time he wasn't exactly looking at his best. His hair kinda messed up, and he looked lonely and rather sad. But he looked stunning nonetheless.

But who was he to even want him? He was just a , nothing more nothing less. So buried deeply his own wish to get to know him for himself. One night stand should be enough. More than enough. Just once. So he came to Hyukjae as a , not as Donghae. A decision that he regret later, because once he knew him, he couldn't stop to want him even more and it hurt like hell. Hyukjae became everything. And to his surprise, Hyukjae wanted him as well. It was like hitting a jackpot and everything started to change. Hyukjae gave

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter