Sacrifice

.:: T A K E N ::.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Donghae..."

The said man stirred a bit, but he was far from awake as the soft voice reached his ear. He was too tired to even crack his eyes open.

"Donghae... wake up.."

Another called was heard. A frown formed on his forehead as he forced himself to crack his eyes open just a little bit. The first thing that registered in his mind was a form of a familiar body next to him and he couldn't help but to smile knowing that Hyukjae was with him.

Driven by impulse he pulled the other's body closer and let go a content sigh. He waited this moment too long. Far too long. Just stay close like this, waking up next to the man he loved most was bringing some good memories back. All of his restless night were finally over. At least that was on his mind right then.

"I'm sorry, Hyukkie." He mumbled, still heavily sleepy. "I fell asleep. How are you doing?"

Donghae was waiting for the other to answered but there was none. A frown on his forehead got deeper as a sound of shuddered breath reached his ear. His eyes shut open as he heard it again. Louder this time, and his eyes widen even bigger as he lifted his head up to see what was in front of him.

"H-Hyukjae?"

"H-Hae.. get ... out!"

Donghae got up from the bed so fast, but turned just in time to put his hands on Hyukjae's pale cheeks. As their eyes met, Donghae was taken aback at how red those eyes were. Hyukjae's hands were the bed sheet so tightly that it made his already pale skin getting even white.

"Get out!"

"No! Hyukjae listen to me.. I know you are in pain... and .. and you need blood.." Donghae swallowed hard as he tried to speak. "It's alright, Hyukjae.. take it from me... I ... I can't see you suffer like this.."

"SHUT UP! JUST SHUT UP!!" Hyukjae screamed as waves of pain suddenly creeping in. He groaned and he started to tossing and turning his body. "I HATE YOU!!"

"Hyuk.. Hyukkie?"

Another ear piercing scream was heard and Donghae just couldn't move his body. He was frozen and confused and his vision was blurred out of the tears that welled in his eyes. What Hyukjae said to him hurt his heart. But he decided to cast those feelings away as he knew Hyukjae didn't really mean everything he said. He was in so much pain and he just blurted it out because of it. 

"MAKE THE PAIN.. STOP!!!!" Hyukjae cried. "PLEASE.. PLEASE MAKE IT STOP!!"

"Tell me!" Donghae's voice cracking up. "Tell me what to do, Hyukjae.. I'll make it stop! I swear I'll make it stop!"

"YOU... YOU MAKE ME LIKE THIS!" Hyukjae shouted. Anger was written on his face so clear that it made Donghae cringed. "I'M IN SO MUCH PAIN BECAUSE OF YOU! I.. I DON'T WANT THIS LIFE!"

"Hyukkie.." Donghae sobbed, guilt was built so fast that he agreed to everything that the other said. It was the truth. He was the one who cost this pain. He was the one who made him like that. He was the only reason why Hyukjae changed in to a vampire. Everything happened because of him.

"Hyukkie I'm sorry..." Donghae cried. "Please forgive me.. I didn't know.. I'm so sorry..."

"MAKE IT STOP, DONGHAE!" Hyukjae shouted.

His voice was hoarse because of the screaming. He groaned so loud that it echoed throughout the room and it made Donghae realized that he couldn't help Hyukjae just by standing there. He needed help. And he knew the other could help him.

Donghae turned around and was about to run his way out when a pair of hands suddenly grabbed him harshly and slammed him back to the bed. Before he realized what had happened, Hyukjae was already on top of him, straddling him. His strong hands were on his neck with so much force that it made Donghae gasped for air.

"Make it stop!" Hyukjae's jaw clenching as he put more force on his hand around Donghae's neck. "You hear me?!! Only you can make it go away!"

"H-Hyuk.." Donghae tried to struggle but it was useless. Hyukjae was way to strong. He started to gasp for air but no matter how hard he tried to up the air, nothing ever came into his lung. His feet were kicking under Hyukjae's body but it didn't make the other stop.

"H-Hyuk...jae.." Tears were rolling down his face as he started to see those black dots. He closed his eyes and desperately hoping that Hyukjae would stop strangling him. "Y-you.. hurt..ting.. me.."

His voice was lower than a whisper and it was so faint that he was sure the other wouldn't hear him.

"I.. I'm.. sorry.. I.. I'm sorry.. I.. lo.. I love.. you.."

"If you love me you'll know what to do.." Hyukjae's voice echoed to his ear. It was so closed that Donghae was sure that Hyukjae was leaning down close to his ear. "You'll know what to do!"

The grip around Donghae's neck was loosen and Donghae took the chance to the air he needed so badly, coughing violently as he did. But when he opened his eyes, all he could see was an angry face, a burning red eyes and before he could say anything Hyukjae sank his fangs on Donghae's throat.

 

 

"NO! HYUKJAE!!"

Donghae's body jerked up abruptly, panting hard and he could feel his upper body was drenched with his own sweat. Slowly he sat at the edge of the bed as he tried to catch his breath. The room was dark, but the moonlight penetrate through the window so he could see his surrounding a little bit. With his trembling hand he switch on the desk lamp and was relief to know that what he had just then was just a nightmare. It was only a dream.

"It was.. a dream. It was only a dream.." With shuddered breathe he chanted. Face was deeply sank into his palms. A small sob escape his lips when that nightmare flashes inside his head, replying over and over. He often had nightmares ever since Hyukjae was gone, but nothing like this. This one was too vivid and real and it made him shivered.

Soon as he had calmed down, he scanned the room and noticed that he wasn't on Hyukjae's room. A deep frown painted on his forehead, he couldn't remember how he could ended up here. Last thing he remembered was that he was in Hyukjae's room, crying his heart out after telling him about his past. And he also remembered how tired he was, and the last thing he saw was Hyukjae's face before he fell asleep. Then how could he ended up sleeping in this room then? Who carried him here?

The door swung open and he could see someone entered from the corner of his eyes. He let go a sigh of relief as he saw it was Kyuhyun who came in.

"I heard a scream." Kyuhyun said as he approached him with careful steps. "Are you alright?"

"I'm ok. I just had a nightmare. " Donghae mumbled, letting go a shuddered breath right after and hoping he would stop shaking. "How's Hyukjae?"

"He's ok." Kyuhyun said, a small smile tug on his lips, assuring Donghae that he shouldn't be worry. "Go back to sleep."

"I'm going to see Hyukjae." Donghae said, his eyes were pleading. "I should be with him."

"I don't think it's a good idea though." Kyuhyun sat next to him, returning the gaze softly. "Even he knows you shouldn't be around him. I know it's hard after everything that had happened, but I hope you'd understand that he loves you. He's only protecting you from getting hurt."

"All his life he has been protecting me, Kyu." Donghae mumbled, gazing the floor beneath his feet. Hyukjae's words keep on playing inside his head. Those burning eyes were haunted him. Those anger and pain expression his lover was showing is killing him slowly. Guilt was eating him alive. "I should do something for him. Everything happened because of me. He got hurt because of me and the dream I had earlier felt so real, he was in so much pain and he was right. I did this to him. I should be the one to make it right. I should be the one to end his misery."

"What are you saying?"

Donghae turned his gaze to the young vampire and Kyuhyun deepen the frown on his forehead.

"Help me." Donghae pleaded. "You know only the witch got the cure, right? You have to help me."

"No, Donghae." Kyuhyun stood up, rubbing his nape nervously. The thought of going back to the witches lair scared him to the bone. "They'll kill you! Don't you understand? Didn't Leeteuk tell you about it? They want your blood, Donghae. They want your power. Do you really think you can just walk in and ask for the cure and then just let you walk away?"

"I don't care! They can have me. Let them take every drop of my blood for the cure!"

"You're insane!"

"I don't care! I'm doing it for Hyukjae. He was right.. I know what has to be done and I'm doing it!" Donghae said with a stern voice. "But you have to help me, Kyu. Please help me."

"No! I can't do that." Kyuhyun shook his head, fear was painted on his eyes. "Don't ask me to do something that I can't do."

"Why? Hyukjae is your friend, isn't he? Don't you want to help him? You've seen him! How can you not do anything?!"

Silent grew thick as both of them just staring at each other, Donghae with his pleading eyes and K

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter